Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 02-07-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Trade Rumors?

Has anyone heard anything being speculated that ferry might go after before the deadline? Just curious..
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Trade Rumors?

Only thing I heard is him being quoted as saying he isn't going to make a trade unless he honestly believes it'll help the team. He isn't going to make a trade just to make a trade.

My opinion is the only guys I would care if we lost were Lebron, Gibson, Z, S. Brown, and maybe Sasha. If we lost anyone else I wouldn't give a damn.

A trade might help our chemistry, and we could certainly use another or better big man and/or shooter.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
InLebronWeTrust

I'm totally with ya on what you had to say. I guess Hughes hasn't been to happy with his role ( he's getting shots idk what the deal is) but yeah. I wouldn t mind to see him get shipped out maybe cause im honestly getting a little tired waiting for him to play consistantly.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
Fab17
I airball my layups

My opinion is the only guys I would care if we lost were Lebron, Gibson, Z, S. Brown, and maybe Sasha. If we lost anyone else I wouldn't give a damn.

A trade might help our chemistry, and we could certainly use another or better big man and/or shooter.

Mathius[/quote]

Add AV to the list, and I totally agree with you.
Fab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #5
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

Mathius

then you might as well not make a trade. i dont see anyone on the team with much trade value but james
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
InLebronWeTrust

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
then you might as well not make a trade. i dont see anyone on the team with much trade value but james

I think people would easily accept Z, Varejao, and Hughes too.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

wassssup cavs fans!!! i heard this rumor before that cleveland was shopping gooden or wouldn't mind getting rid of gooden if a fair trade comes along........as a bulls fan, i really wouldn't mind if he comes to the bulls......we sure could use him down low.........but, i dunno who you guys would want from the bulls tho........since, we really don't have anybody worth giving up to you guys, i guess this trade will never happen..........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 05:27 PM   #8
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
wassssup cavs fans!!! i heard this rumor before that cleveland was shopping gooden or wouldn't mind getting rid of gooden if a fair trade comes along........as a bulls fan, i really wouldn't mind if he comes to the bulls......we sure could use him down low.........but, i dunno who you guys would want from the bulls tho........since, we really don't have anybody worth giving up to you guys, i guess this trade will never happen..........

Cavs shopped Gooden all summer long and nobody wanted him. Now that he has a fairly big 3 year deal, I doubt anyone will touch him.

Mathius
Old 02-08-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
Mathius

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust

I'm so sick of the Z ******. He's putting up 15-20 points a night, to go with 8-10 boards, he's one of the best offensive rebounding centers in the league, if not the best and he's a heck of a passer too.

The fact is, the Cavs don't run plays for him consistently, so what he's getting done is even more impressive when you consider that.

He's also our best free throw shooter.

Not bashing you, ILWT, but agreeing with you actually. Z has a lot of value left, especially for a team a center away from making a playoff run.

I wish the Cavs made better use of him.

I actually don't think the running game that Lebron and Hughes are advocating is a good thing. I just think that Mike Brown's half court set is stupid, and they should go to a more traditional inside outside type offense.

Mathius
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #10
InLebronWeTrust

Quote:
I'm so sick of the Z ******. He's putting up 15-20 points a night, to go with 8-10 boards, he's one of the best offensive rebounding centers in the league, if not the best and he's a heck of a passer too.

The fact is, the Cavs don't run plays for him consistently, so what he's getting done is even more impressive when you consider that.

He's also our best free throw shooter.

Not bashing you, ILWT, but agreeing with you actually. Z has a lot of value left, especially for a team a center away from making a playoff run.

I wish the Cavs made better use of him.

I actually don't think the running game that Lebron and Hughes are advocating is a good thing. I just think that Mike Brown's half court set is stupid, and they should go to a more traditional inside outside type offense.

Mathius

Im with you too about Z not getting used enough and properly. We take so many outside shots each game, and so many isolation plays around Z, but he alone isn't getting the shots he needs to be. We need to get him the ball more and people need to stop demanding that we trade him. He's been a great player for many years and certainly one of clevelands all time best.

As for Gooden. No one wanted him when they could make their own contract to him, so why would they want him now when he's just as inconsistant as before, plus he has a big contract with him. It was a mistake to re-sign in the first place and I cant really say what we were thinking there. But sure, if the scenario were to happen that gooden were to leave, i'd be up for that.
Old 02-09-2007, 03:37 AM   #11
knicks15
Local High School Star

Quote:

maybe Z. dont expect much for varejao, and you think it would be easy to get rid of hughes? i doubt that. if anything youd have to take a bad contract in return
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:34 AM   #12
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

i wna shoot mike brown in the head. teams shooting horribly and the team seems uninterested. the only person other then bron that seems like they have life is gooden. the only thing we need is a good sg. following ppl would do well.
charlie bell
raja bell
leandro barbosa.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #13
Mathius

Quote:
As for Gooden. No one wanted him when they could make their own contract to him, so why would they want him now when he's just as inconsistant as before, plus he has a big contract with him. It was a mistake to re-sign in the first place and I cant really say what we were thinking there. But sure, if the scenario were to happen that gooden were to leave, i'd be up for that.

I'm not all that upset that they resigned him. There wasn't a lot on the market. I am mad that they signed him for 3 years, instead of a quick 1 year extension, and I am mad that they signed him for as much as they did.

Mathius
Old 02-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #14
InLebronWeTrust

Quote:
I'm not all that upset that they resigned him. There wasn't a lot on the market. I am mad that they signed him for 3 years, instead of a quick 1 year extension, and I am mad that they signed him for as much as they did.

Mathius

Yeah.. I'm pretty sure they might have offered him a one year deal in the summer but that may be incorrect. I dont think he was accepting anything less than 3, so maybe we felt like pressured to re-sign him?
Old 02-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #15
stoopidraptor
Kids at the park dunk on me

IF I'm not mistaken..the Cavs are after Mike Bibby of Sac Town....that would be great for the Cavs...however, they need to give up someone like Hughes..
stoopidraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: