Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #16
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Story about Kobe from a trainer that worked with him recently (Reddit, r/NBA)

Quote:
but it only takes him half hour to TAKE 800 shots
53 minutes. He'd need OT for that.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #17
Clifton
talk less, say more

Clifton is considered somewhat coolClifton is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Story about Kobe from a trainer that worked with him recently (Reddit, r/NBA)

Quote:
it was about 3:30 AM. I lay in bed, slowly fading away when I hear my cell ring. It was Kobe. I nervously picked up.
"Hey, uhh Rob, I hope I'm not disturbing anything right?"

Kobe is on another plane. It's what defines him as a player and it's a problem. MJ wanted to beat you; Kobe wants to be better than you. There's a difference.
Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #18
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

sleepisfortheweakbe
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #19
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
this made me cry. kobe is my hero.
GOAT human
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 AM   #20
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

that ***** lion , he just quickly ran downstairs to pretend like he just finished his wokrout
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #21
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
but how is a guy gonna be watching casablanca for the first time when he's presumably in his 40s at very least? homie needs to step up his classic movie game

SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #22
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

So basically he's been up all night doing this, while I think it's phenomenal in itself, he wouldn't do this all season.

But man I wish I wasn't as lazy and even had half of his work ethic.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #23
Poetry
High School Starter

Poetry is considered somewhat coolPoetry is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
but how is a guy gonna be watching casablanca for the first time when he's presumably in his 40s at very least? homie needs to step up his classic movie game

Weak era for cinephiles.
Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:53 AM   #24
DFish24
High School JV MVP

DFish24 has an OK reputation so far

GOAT work ethic
DFish24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 AM   #25
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

he musta been bumpin some lines to be awake for that long and not tired
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:05 AM   #26
dannysc305
High school junior varsity star

dannysc305 has an OK reputation so far

I think I'm the rare breed of basketball fan who is a LeBron fan (born and raised in Miami, legit Heat fan) but respects and appreciates Kobe to the point it reached borderline fandom. I find myself rooting for Kobe and LA to snap out of this funk and get that playoff spot cause it's a great story and the NBA playoffs are not the NBA playoffs without Kobe & LA in it. It just isn't.

I was watching First Take the other day, and Bun B was on there and did a verse to the First Take intro. Skip tells Bun, "Allow me to say, Bun B just rapped Wale (who made original First Take intro) under the table" to which Stephen A. replied "You see, there you go again starting trouble. You can give PRAISE to Bun B without DISRESPECTING Wale"

That little scenario right there exemplifies how I feel about the Kobe and LeBron and their stans. You can praise one without disrespecting the other.

As for the story, I find it truly fascinating... How a man, who already has FIVE RINGS and has every accomplishment imaginable in the NBA... Is STILL losing sleep pulling all nighters in the gym working on his game. Its just fascinating.
dannysc305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #27
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

at the age of 34, and he's competing against the best.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 AM   #28
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

damn. props. i couldnt even do this for my own line of work.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:36 AM   #29
G-Funk
Palm Trees & Gangsters

G-Funk has decent reputation

crazy shyt
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #30
BlueandGold
bball/boxing

BlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlueandGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe has the supposed "old school" philosophy that if you are dedicated enough you can simply just outwork your opponent. I still believe some of that to be true and I'm only 24. It's a shame players like Kobe, Duncan, KG are the last of a dying breed. These new players are way too concerned with building their image and brand even if it is an already massive one.
BlueandGold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: