Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #46
24r2
High School Varsity 6th Man

24r2 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Story about Kobe from a trainer that worked with him recently (Reddit, r/NBA)

GOAT work ethic unlike lebron who took the easy way (miami, PEDs)
24r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #47
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Story about Kobe from a trainer that worked with him recently (Reddit, r/NBA)

8 hours sounds like a lot... but in high school I would have 1 hour of practice during 5th period, then have 2-3 more hours of practice after school. Then we'd shoot around a little bit for another 30 minutes to an hour.

Then I'd go home and play more basketball in the neighborhood or go up to the school again on certain days for open gym for a couple hours.

So I was playing 5-7 hours every day on top of going to school.

So I can see how a professional athlete does his job for 8 hours per day.

But having said that, it is impressive that Kobe would still do that at this stage of his career.
bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:59 AM   #48
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by strike first
So you wouldnt switch the 8hrs you work everyday for playing basketball and working out?

thats what you're telling me? You are a ****ing idiot

If I have the kinda talent, yes.
But when I have that kind of talent, I don't need to workout 8hrs a day to make millions. Sure I won't be a superstar, but I still can be an legit starter (with the kind of talent Kobe had) without working too hard.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #49
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
8 hours sounds like a lot... but in high school I would have 1 hour of practice during 5th period, then have 2-3 more hours of practice after school. Then we'd shoot around a little bit for another 30 minutes to an hour.

Then I'd go home and play more basketball in the neighborhood or go up to the school again on certain days for open gym for a couple hours.

So I was playing 5-7 hours every day on top of going to school.

So I can see how a professional athlete does his job for 8 hours per day.

But having said that, it is impressive that Kobe would still do that at this stage of his career.

That's because in HS life is boring. What's more other than hooking up with some chicks?
But when you are multi-millionaire celebrity, there are too many temptations out there.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 AM   #50
bmd
Local High School Star

bmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected posterbmd is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
That's because in HS life is boring. What's more other than hooking up with some chicks?
But when you are multi-millionaire celebrity, there are too many temptations out there.
When your job is to play basketball, you can practice for 8 hours a day and be free for the other 8 hours of your day to do whatever you want.

Not much is going on during the week day anyway. Kobe can get his work in and be free to get into trouble if he wanted.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:10 AM   #51
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

u guys are delusional he probably averages about 3 hrs of practice including lifting etc, the only time he went near 8 hrs was his 6 6 6 days
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #52
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
When your job is to play basketball, you can practice for 8 hours a day and be free for the other 8 hours of your day to do whatever you want.

Not much is going on during the week day anyway. Kobe can get his work in and be free to get into trouble if he wanted.
"Not much is going on during the week day?"
So tell me why most other players don't work as hard as he does since their life is sooo boring
Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 AM   #53
bmd
Local High School Star

Quote:
If I have the kinda talent, yes.
But when I have that kind of talent, I don't need to workout 8hrs a day to make millions. Sure I won't be a superstar, but I still can be an legit starter (with the kind of talent Kobe had) without working too hard.
Players like Kobe aren't driven by money. They put in the work because their obsession is basketball and they want to win.

Lots of players are very talented, but lazy. Players like Kobe get to the level he's at not just due to talent, but also combined with a ton of hard work. It takes a different kind of person.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:14 AM   #54
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
Players like Kobe aren't driven by money. They put in the work because their obsession is basketball and they want to win.

Lots of players are very talented, but lazy. Players like Kobe get to the level he's at not just due to talent, but also combined with a ton of hard work. It takes a different kind of person.

Then what are we arguing here?
Or are you trying to say you're as obsessed in basketball as Kobe?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:16 AM   #55
bmd
Local High School Star

Quote:
"Not much is going on during the week day?"
So tell me why most other players don't work as hard as he does since their life is sooo boring
Because he is obsessed with basketball more than others.

What do you think they have to do during the day? Everybody is at work. Players workout, lift, eat, and practice during the day. It's not like Tuesday at 10 in the morning is glamorous for an NBA player.

On an off day they might go to a movie or shop with teammates or just chill.

They are famous but it isn't like they are partying in the clubs and pulling hot tail 24/7.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:19 AM   #56
bmd
Local High School Star

Quote:
Then what are we arguing here?
Or are you trying to say you're as obsessed in basketball as Kobe?
I'm not saying that. You asked why other players don't work as hard, and I said the ones who don't aren't as obsessed with basketball as Kobe is since he's still working as hard as he is at this stage of his career.

It has nothing to do with me. I referenced myself to say I can understand professional athletes working out for 8 hours a day.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 AM   #57
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
Because he is obsessed with basketball more than others.

What do you think they have to do during the day? Everybody is at work. Players workout, lift, eat, and practice during the day. It's not like Tuesday at 10 in the morning is glamorous for an NBA player.

On an off day they might go to a movie or shop with teammates or just chill.

They are famous but it isn't like they are partying in the clubs and pulling hot tail 24/7.

Neither of us can know for sure but I do believe that's the case for some players.
I don't think they are obliged to work out and train with the team during off season. That's how some get out of shape 'cause lack of discipline.
So basically they are only "at work" for half of the year (a couple of months longer if you're on a contender).
Old 03-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #58
bmd
Local High School Star

Quote:
Neither of us can know for sure but I do believe that's the case for some players.
I don't think they are obliged to work out and train with the team during off season. That's how some get out of shape 'cause lack of discipline.
So basically they are only "at work" for half of the year (a couple of months longer if you're in a contender).
They get out of shape because they aren't playing hard basketball as much as they were during the season, and they tend to eat more and more unhealthy food in the off-season.

The team may work out on their own, but they all are in contact with each other and work out with each other.

My point is that the distractions you speak of don't take place during the day time. It's not like they are in the clubs at 10:00 in the morning.

For most of the day, they are no different from regular joes except instead of working a desk job, they are working in the gym.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:42 AM   #59
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
They get out of shape because they aren't playing hard basketball as much as they were during the season, and they tend to eat more and more unhealthy food in the off-season.

The team may work out on their own, but they all are in contact with each other and work out with each other.

My point is that the distractions you speak of don't take place during the day time. It's not like they are in the clubs at 10:00 in the morning.

For most of the day, they are no different from regular joes except instead of working a desk job, they are working in the gym.

well, if the party finishes at 10am, then technically they are still in the club by then.

Jokes aside, I don't think how they work out in the off season is in the contract.

Also eating is as important if not more as working out. It's part of their job to eat healthy as professional athletes.

And what kind of regular jobs get you half a year off?
Old 03-05-2013, 03:48 AM   #60
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayimnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
well, if the party finishes at 10am, then technically they are still in the club by then.

Jokes aside, I don't think how they work out in the off season is in the contract.

Also eating is as important if not more as working out. It's part of their job to eat healthy as professional athletes.

And what kind of regular jobs get you half a year off?

After reading a couple of your posts, you're a fken loser man. You got nothing but hate. Grow up man.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: