Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 03:50 AM   #61
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Story about Kobe from a trainer that worked with him recently (Reddit, r/NBA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
After reading a couple of your posts, you're a fken loser man. You got nothing but hate. Grow up man.

And What exactly is that I'm hating?
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #62
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Story about Kobe from a trainer that worked with him recently (Reddit, r/NBA)

kobe donīt wanna go home to the wife.....but he canīt stay here.....said the gym janitor
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #63
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
If you didnt know this already about Kobe or many other stars today or in the past who had that work ethic (and even many who had/have even greater work ethic than Kobe) then your NBA knowledge aint that rich.

At the end of the day all that doesnt matter if it doesnt give results, individually it probably will... but i am talking about improving your team.

@ dis ni99a nonchalantly trying to imply that Lebron is also on that same level

STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #64
AussieG
High School Starter

AussieG has an OK reputation so far

I'd be the same way.. he's doing something he loves.. and he's crazy competitive and sometimes it's all you can think about. For some people.. it's not about the money.

I guess maybe it's just as aspect of having an obsessive personality?
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #65
AussieG
High School Starter

AussieG has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd
Players like Kobe aren't driven by money. They put in the work because their obsession is basketball and they want to win.

Lots of players are very talented, but lazy. Players like Kobe get to the level he's at not just due to talent, but also combined with a ton of hard work. It takes a different kind of person.
Yes.. and Kobe isn't doing it so that people can brag on some forums about his 'work ethic'.. he's doing it by choice. He's doing it, even if no one noticed or knows about it.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 AM   #66
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

All that and still can't match Jordan.

This only proves how much Jordan was on another level.

People that knew Jordan have stated that it seemed like he never slept. The guy would practice, go play golf, go gamble, win a championship, party, gamble so more, practice, play some more golf, and repeat. Hell, he was even trying to play for the Major Leagues in baseball.

Kobe is great. He has tremendous heart and work ethic.

However, no body is touching the G.O.A.T. Air Jordan.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #67
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
After reading a couple of your posts, you're a fken loser man. You got nothing but hate. Grow up man.

He may be going a bit overboard, but he has a pretty valid point.

The "average" person puts in 7-9 hours of work every day for their craft. I see no reason that an athlete shouldn't be able to do something similar towards their craft.

1-2 hours of lifting
2-3 hours of shooting
1 hour running/jogging aerobic workout
2-3 hours going over tape

That sounds like 6-9 hours right there, and I think that's a fair reasonable "training" plan.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #68
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
All that and still can't match Jordan.

This only proves how much Jordan was on another level.

People that knew Jordan have stated that it seemed like he never slept. The guy would practice, go play golf, go gamble, win a championship, party, gamble so more, practice, play some more golf, and repeat. Hell, he was even trying to play for the Major Leagues in baseball.

Kobe is great. He has tremendous heart and work ethic.

However, no body is touching the G.O.A.T. Air Jordan.

thatīs why kobe is cooler......he never did that shit
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #69
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
Neither of us can know for sure but I do believe that's the case for some players.
I don't think they are obliged to work out and train with the team during off season. That's how some get out of shape 'cause lack of discipline.
So basically they are only "at work" for half of the year (a couple of months longer if you're on a contender).

I used to listen to John Salley's podcast and I remember him saying that players don't get nearly as much tail as people think. He basically said they just don't have the time to party that much and f*ck with random hoes all the time. Now, I'm sure they get more then your average dude obviously, but I doubt most of them are seriously living out the fantasy we think they are living.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #70
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

What Kobe did is definitely impressive but do people think he was up all night and then still worked out from 3-11 am? There is a point where working out could be too much and counterproductive for you especially on no sleep.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #71
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
What Kobe did is definitely impressive but do people think he was up all night and then still worked out from 3-11 am? There is a point where working out could be too much and counterproductive for you especially on no sleep.
Supposedly, (according to Kobe) Bryant only sleeps 4 hours a night.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #72
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

He would take better shots if he slept more.
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #73
guy
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

Wouldn't surprise me. There's a good amount of people, specifically athletes, that are that way. But there's a big difference between 4 hours of sleep and 0 hours of sleep. I'm overanalyzing, but if he went to sleep at 10 and woke up at 2, then worked out from 3-11, thats not something as crazy for a pro athlete as that trainer is making it out to be. The article is written like Kobe was up the whole day and night before, then decided to just work out at 3 am and finished up at 11 am, being up for over 24 hours. If he actually did do that, I'm quite sure thats counterproductive and someone like Kobe and that trainer would know.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #74
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

there is nothing that can make me like kobe even a little bit... not even if he payed me a million dollars
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #75
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has decent reputationNash has decent reputation

Waking up before 5 is the best way to do anything, whether its working out or studying.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: