Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far
Default Best basketball to buy?

I still have my old TF-1000 ZK Microfiber Composite, but it's starting to show its age and getting pretty worn.

I know you can't buy these anymore, short of paying a ridiculous amount off ebay ($100+ i think).

I have no idea of what to buy now, any suggestions?

EDIT: Indoor ball please.

Last edited by scm5 : 03-06-2013 at 05:53 PM.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Best basketball to buy?

wilson jet evolution is what I use, it's pretty good, don't really need to break it in very much.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
scm5
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
wilson jet evolution is what I use, it's pretty good, don't really need to break it in very much.

I actually have one from a while ago, and while I agree it is better than any non-TF-1000 I've tried, it feels a little light or small to me.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
L3B120N J4M35
Decent playground baller

L3B120N J4M35 has decent reputationL3B120N J4M35 has decent reputation

im interested as well. good ?
L3B120N J4M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
mobbdeep
I brick open layups

mobbdeep has an OK reputation so far

It's a matter of preference for everyone but I think u can't go wrong with a Wilson.

I don't like Spalding as much and love Wilson. Wilson is easy to shot with good grip and feel. I'm a great shooter and I like Wilson a lot. Sometimes I think I can't miss with some Wilsons balls.

Costs like over 30 for a good one.
mobbdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
scm5
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobbdeep
It's a matter of preference for everyone but I think u can't go wrong with a Wilson.

I don't like Spalding as much and love Wilson. Wilson is easy to shot with good grip and feel. I'm a great shooter and I like Wilson a lot. Sometimes I think I can't miss with some Wilsons balls.

Costs like over 30 for a good one.

I like playing with the Wilson Evolution but it does feel light compared to the other balls. Anyone else notice this?
Old 03-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm5
I like playing with the Wilson Evolution but it does feel light compared to the other balls. Anyone else notice this?
Perhaps. I'm not sure if I felt they were super light, but they surely aren't heavy. I actually prefer a basketball to be on the lighter side. I also prefer basketballs with very solid grip, which appears to be contrary to what a lot of my fellow ballplayers like. As such, I've often enjoyed using Wilsons.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #8
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Indoor

Molten GF7

Outdoor

Molten GE7

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

TF-1000 is the only basketball I'd ever buy. I think you can get one for a fair price if you search. Try Amazon or something.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I fully believe the TF 1000 is not only worth the money, but the only ball worth buying for indoor use.

I've never used one of those Moltens. I'd like to try one of those.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #11
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I fully believe the TF 1000 is not only worth the money, but the only ball worth buying for indoor use.

I've never used one of those Moltens. I'd like to try one of those.

they're not bad, the seams are deep so its easy to grip or feel the ball for the seams before you shoot. only thing is it takes a while (longer than average) for the ball to get "broken in"
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #12
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Wilson Jet all day
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #13
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

what are the best outdoor balls or ball?.. also best ball that can be both outdoor and indoor?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nike Elite, not the other Nike balls, the ELITEs, like the Elite Championship. Best indoor ball, awesome durability. It whoops Spalding's ass, and you wont miss the TF 1000 ZK MF.

Outdoor is a bad category. You buy the right ball for the surface, and not all outdoor surfaces are the same. If you play on tarmac/blacktop, it's not the same as concrete. If you play on acrylic turf, it's different.
The under armour 495 is awesome on 'turfs". Spalding streetball is good on tarmac/blacktop, and I personally prefer a decent rubber ball for concrete.

Last edited by Crystallas : 04-10-2013 at 06:03 AM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #15
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ive tried all of them from start to finish, and never flat is good, sound is quite funny at first tho . I had nike lebron which got a bump, some cheap ones got those too, then used indoor ones and they got all dirty, broken.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: