Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default 2 Bullies, smash in the head of a 12 year old, concussion+coma+death.

12 year old kid gets his cranium smashed in, concussion the outcome, later deceased

The other two boys involved were punished. Two days. I don't know all the details. I doubt they're back in school though. I read something about the investigation continues. I'm not even sure if the two involved are behind bars, sleeping comfortably in their beds tonight, or what.

I'm sure something is being done about it, but I don't know, after reading what's available (which isn't much), just seems something more should be done. We have a dead kid child here that we know was bullied; so this illustrates to us the kid was probably minding his own business, just outside in recess playing baseball, kickball or whatever else.

Two knuckleheads were bored, standing giggling to themselves scoping out the yard to see who they can mess with today (because it was probably a different kid every other day) and thought Bailey was the best choice. Like I said, I wasn't there, just tossing some generic scenario out there, but long story short, these two bullies were probably suffering from being bullied in their own home; yeah that's right, their own mommy and/or daddies beat the shit out of them for no reason whatsoever, so in return they mirror what happen(ed) to them on Bailey. The result was a domino effect, where bullying at home leads to bulling at school, and the victim sometimes ends up being the shy or "weak" kid because these parties who beat their own children because their children are much weaker than them - when these kids get to school, they do what they know best, they do what they know how, which is unleash their own anger on the weaker kids at school they know they can return the favor to.

So, just me thinking about who's more responsible, the bullies who beat Bailey down like a punching bag, or perhaps maybe the parties of said bullies who might have beat their own kids? Again, none of us here know the actual facts. We don't know what's going on in these kids' home behind the scenes. There's maybe even a possibility these two bullies come from a perfectly normal home. No beatings. Maybe they're just spoiled, lots of money, parents just don'e care. Too many ? marks and lack of answers to really draw an accurate. I'm just thinking of some possible reasons for why all this happened to begin with besides just some "it was all random" no rhyme or reason behind it.

At any rate, the victim and the victim's family deserve some reason answers. Nothing can do be done to bring little Bailey back, but for the investigation to end with "oh you know, just two knuckleheads bored at school and "went to school" excuse my choice of words, on the little guy" ... giving the little fucktards some juvy time released when they're a couple years older.

I don't think this was some second degree murder level shit. I think they just pushed it too far, but I'm willing to bet these two bullies have put their hands on this Bailey kid before; perhaps several times, and because Bailey felt he had no other alternative. Tell a teacher, and he's a snitch, which means more beatdowns, possibly by even another bully(z) for simply being a snitch. Maybe he's already told his folks, and they were too damn scared or lazy themselves to step in, and God I hope that wasn't the case, bc if that is, they're somewhat at fault in all this. I think parents need to step up for their kids more often. I don't believe additional violence is the answer, but if your only feedback to Bailey is fight fire with fire, well that's better than just saying "oh it's OK son, it'll pass, you just have to ride out the storm" ... "they'll stop one day I'm sure" or some other bullshit like that. There's nothing worse than parents who are even more yellabelly than their children.

So in Bailey's mind, maybe he didn't have any other option except "take it" ... maybe he had no outside help. Maybe he was too afraid to speak up, reach out, or maybe he was just too embarrassed and shameful to say something, or stand up for himself. If this Bailey guy could have made it to say 24 years old, he'd look back and know in his heart of hearts he would have murdered those two asses without blinding, but unfortunately at the fragile age of 12 a bully can really mind-rape and enhance the terror and sheer fear that is already soaked his mental. He must have been in between a rock and a hard place. For sure. I seriously doubt this was just a single one-time-only bully counter where they've never messed with Bailey before and they just happened to stomp his head to the point of a concussion.

It's manslaughter at a minimum. I also feel every single fact should be gathered and pursued to get a strong understanding of why this all happened. The guy is gone can never come back, but if something can be done to change these two bullies before they're old enough to technically be adults and reenter society (hell, at this point we don't even know if they're get anything more than a two day middle school suspension!) ... if the bullies parents played any role in this whatsoever; and I obviously don't mean tangibly or upfront on paper, but from a psychological angle where potential physical and mental abuse runs wild in the bullies house away from school, etc. - that should be looked at very closely.

If somehow, someway, the DA could prove foul play in the bullies' parents home (or even outside the home, wherever, anytime) if the dots can be connected I believe criminal action should be taken again them, as well as the bullies. The only thing worse than two middle school bullies, are the potential parents who possibly could maybe (some would even argue highly likely) be the source and foundation of the bullying all together.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #2
BRabbiT

Default Re: 2 Bullies, smash in the head of a 12 year old, concussion+coma+death.

rip
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
knickballer
NBA All-star

Default Re: 2 Bullies, smash in the head of a 12 year old, concussion+coma+death.

I didn't read your post but this is ****ing sick. It's the type of culture that is being emphasized all over the country in schools: Violence & Bullying
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

That's I didn't blame Jorge Saavedra when he stabbed Bully Dylan Nuno back in 2011.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
iamgine

iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Legend of Josh
Banned

I apologize for posting so much. When I was 13 I had a best friend in school, but he moved away all the way across the country. North Carolina all the way out to New Mexico. We had plans of graduating high school then going to the same college somewhere, somewhere out of redneck / nothing out in the middle of nowhere states.

I spent three weeks with him and his parents the first summer off after school (can't recall the exact year). During that summer, he told me how terribly it was being in NM and his school in particular. He was one of the only few black kids there, so he said a lot of racism towards him. He told me some of them were even in gangs he said. I didn't believe him or whatever.

I didn't see him the following summer months. I guess us just getting older and growing apart. Shit happens. But during (I think it was Sept. or Oct.) his mother called me and told me he had been killed at school. Walking him from school, some older kids who were driving, were with a couple of the younger kids at his school that always fucked with him and they all beat him to death.

I realize this goes beyond just "bullying in schools" because it involved older gang members, and all that, didn't happen at school, but it all originated and started with kids at school. So racism seems to me play just as much a role in it all, but to me, it's all the same. At the time, it just left a huge hold in my heart, and sure, time has healed. It's just too much bullshit, because of bullshit.

The scary and most ironic part of all this? Back in middle school me and my friend who was killed were "part time" (I guess you could say) bullies. Nothing too serious. Just a smack on the back of the head here or there, grab a shirt, shank shorts on the court so all the girls would laugh, etc. Nothing like beatin some kid's head in. But damn, it's still bullying, and when my friend died, I felt like I was part of the problem, and not the solution.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
B-Low
The Love B-Low

So they murder a boy, and get the same punishment as the 7 year old who chewed his pop tart into the shape of a mountain that resembled a gun

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...o-shape-of-gun
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #8
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
So they murder a boy, and get the same punishment as the 7 year old who chewed his pop tart into the shape of a mountain that resembled a gun

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...o-shape-of-gun

Yeah, exactly B-Low. Bottom-line, a child died. Yeah, maybe not on the same level of deaths at Sandy Hook, but a death; a senseless and reckless death nonetheless. That has to mean something... oh wait, it didn't involved a firearm. Just hands, and feet. Maybe a timberland boot or two, or just a houseslipper, who knows?

All that doesn't matter because there's no firearm. Wrap up the body, close the file, as far as the gov. is concerned, "NEXT!?!?!"

A: every foul play death matters

B: doesn't matter how the death resulted (there's foul play, do your job, INVESTIGATE!)

... they all deserve attention.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 03-04-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 PM   #9
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

Suspended for two days? I am appalled.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
BRabbiT

Bailey O'Neill turned 12 the day before he died?

Wow.

Condolences to his family.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #11
maybeshewill13
How I feel in ur head

What a ****ing joke. This makes me sick. R.I.P
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:28 AM   #12
therammingman
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
What a ****ing joke. This makes me sick. R.I.P

nauseating.

rip
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:38 AM   #13
dunksby
NBA Superstar

Humans are predators who like other predators only go after the weak, would not be surprised if the bullies themselves are subjects of violent parents.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:09 AM   #14
Rolando
Local High School Star

If I was that boy's father, matters would be taken care of in a very old fashioned way. I would wait and plan but, at some point, those two bullies would be dead.
Rolando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando
If I was that boy's father, matters would be taken care of in a very old fashioned way. I would wait and plan but, at some point, those two bullies would be dead.

I share your frustration ... but before you go killed the two kid bullies ... don't you think maybe the bully's parents should be investigated? What if it turns out they've had psychological damage and the parents are just as much to blame as the parents themselves (if not more?).

I think these kids are to blame, no question about it, but I have a feeling their respective parents might be just as much to blame, and at a minimum deserves investigation.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: