Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #16
FreezingTsmoove
#H3AT nation,GangGreen

Default Re: Could Cavs Fans Reaction Make a Difference to LBJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I've quite enjoyed this season, actually. Lots of young talent to get excited about.

I don't need my hometown franchise to be the best in the league or have the best player to have great interest. Apparently, you do.

Have fun with that
FreezingTsmoove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
shady6121
NBA Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
That might be the most pathetic thing I would have ever witnessed when it comes to sports.

Dude chewed your franchise up and spit you out in front of the entire nation on ESPN. And now, after burning his jerseys and booing him at every chance you get, you want these same fans to beg for him to come back during a game where he is playing against you guys.

Wow.

This.
shady6121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #18
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
Have fun with that
I will.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #19
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
It will not make a difference. Many people who continue to cling on to this fantasy that LeBron will return to Cleveland forget the vitriolic and utterly hate-filled comments Dan Gilbert made once LeBron picked Miami. Seriously, go back and read those comments. Then read it again. Never in sports history has an owner berated a player like that. That's who owns the team that LeBron supposedly may return to. Not to mention that literally a year later Gilbert still held a grudge against LeBron (posted that "no shortcuts" tweet after the Finals loss to Dallas).

This is all ignoring the obvious gap there is in talent and opportunity to win championships in Miami (dynasty in the making) vs Cleveland (perennial cellar dwellers).

insecure MIA fans report in
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #20
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

LeBron clearly couldn't care less about fan desires. If so, he would've either went to New York or stayed in Cleveland. LeBron's going to sign with whichever team offers him to best chance to keep contending.

As for Cleveland fans... well, I understand it hurts that LeBron left, but he's also the greatest player you ever had. I wouldn't cheer him, but booing is also pretty pathetic too. Especially three years removed.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #21
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

Quote:

You would rather watch a team win 20-25 games than be favorites to win the title every year? I feel sorry for you pal.

Are you even thinking before you speak? We are talking about the situation AS IF LEBRON WOULD BE HERE. Do you think we would win 20-25 games with Lebron here? I would probably find support that if Lebron was in Cleveland this year, our team would be better than Miami.

Kyrie
Dion
Gee
LeBron
Zeller

Chalmers
Wade
?
Bosh
Anderson?

Our bench right now has led the league in bench scoring for about a month. We lost by 4 at your place last week with the lineups AS IS. Cracks me up that people say LeBron won't go to Cleveland because they never win. That's because he's not here.

Seriously...this site sometimes.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #22
HEAT111
Sonic Boom

Quote:
I've quite enjoyed this season, actually. Lots of young talent to get excited about.

I don't need my hometown franchise to be the best in the league or have the best player to have great interest. Apparently, you do.

That's because Cleveland is the most unfortunate Sports' City ever. You guys never had anything special since the Browns, so there's obviously no point of being interested.

You may want success for the organizations there but you don't have to kiss their feet every time.
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #23
Jax
Great young streetballer

Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #24
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
LeBron clearly couldn't care less about fan desires. If so, he would've either went to New York or stayed in Cleveland. LeBron's going to sign with whichever team offers him to best chance to keep contending.

As for Cleveland fans... well, I understand it hurts that LeBron left, but he's also the greatest player you ever had. I wouldn't cheer him, but booing is also pretty pathetic too. Especially three years removed.

we must sit silently.

I don't think booing or not liking him is "pathetic" its ok for cleveland fans to boo Lebron just as much as it is for them boo boozer or whichever player. I for one don't like the guy, i'm not going to cheer for him, and i don't want to see him win rings in miami.

I do want the cavs to pursue him in 2014.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:43 PM   #25
NattyPButter
7/11/14 We Witness

I want him back with the CAVs in 2014 and I want to see the team become a dynasty with a lot championships in my life time.
NattyPButter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #26
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAT111
That's because Cleveland is the most unfortunate Sports' City ever. You guys never had anything special since the Browns, so there's obviously no point of being interested.

You may want success for the organizations there but you don't have to kiss their feet every time.
No. Instead, I should kiss the feet of the guy who went completely out of his way to kick the franchise and the city in the nuts before leaving. That seems totally appropriate.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
TylerOO
Wake me up in June

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJG5Sp6UQFQ

Throwback vid. If you feel like laughing, watch.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #28
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
Are you even thinking before you speak? We are talking about the situation AS IF LEBRON WOULD BE HERE. Do you think we would win 20-25 games with Lebron here? I would probably find support that if Lebron was in Cleveland this year, our team would be better than Miami.

Kyrie
Dion
Gee
LeBron
Zeller

Chalmers
Wade
?
Bosh
Anderson?

Our bench right now has led the league in bench scoring for about a month. We lost by 4 at your place last week with the lineups AS IS. Cracks me up that people say LeBron won't go to Cleveland because they never win. That's because he's not here.

Seriously...this site sometimes.
Yes, theoretically any team with LeBron can win a lot of games because he is that good... so what? Call me when all that "led the league in bench scoring" the Cavs have gives LeBron a better shot at winning championships than established and prime superstar talent like Wade and Bosh plus 3-point shooters galore.

How can anyone seriously believe Cleveland + LeBron is a better team than Miami + LeBron?
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #29
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

Quote:
Yes, theoretically any team with LeBron can win a lot of games because he is that good... so what? Call me when all that "led the league in bench scoring" the Cavs have gives LeBron a better shot at winning championships than established and prime superstar talent like Wade and Bosh plus 3-point shooters galore.

How can anyone seriously believe Cleveland + LeBron is a better team than Miami + LeBron?
Welcome to 2014 when Wade will no longer be a prime star, and Bosh never was a star. Kyrie on the other hand is already better than Bosh, presumably the Cavs will add a high potential rook this year, and Tristan is starting to come into his own lately. Not to mention Dion. The future is bright in Cleveland for the first time, with LeBron, and good health i'd be shocked if they didn't win at least two titles.

Now that that's settled if Cavs fans cheer LeBron i'll be pissed as a Cavs fan. How pathetic. Cheering any player from another team is pathetic. It was pathetic when fans cheered for Kobe, it would be more pathetic cheering for LeBron, given the history.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #30
HEAT111
Sonic Boom

Quote:
No. Instead, I should kiss the feet of the guy who went completely out of his way to kick the franchise and the city in the nuts before leaving. That seems totally appropriate.

funny guy...
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: