Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2013, 12:58 AM   #31
2010splash
Now a Cavs fan again

2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation2010splash has a bad reputation
Default Re: Could Cavs Fans Reaction Make a Difference to LBJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Welcome to 2014 when Wade will no longer be a prime star, and Bosh never was a star. Kyrie on the other hand is already better than Bosh, presumably the Cavs will add a high potential rook this year, and Tristan is starting to come into his own lately. Not to mention Dion. The future is bright in Cleveland for the first time, with LeBron, and good health i'd be shocked if they didn't win at least two titles.

Now that that's settled if Cavs fans cheer LeBron i'll be pissed as a Cavs fan. How pathetic. Cheering any player from another team is pathetic. It was pathetic when fans cheered for Kobe, it would be more pathetic cheering for LeBron, given the history.
It's 2013 and Wade is playing at a superstar level. One year won't make a huge difference. Bosh is and always has been a star. What is Kyrie doing that Bosh hasn't done? Bosh put up monster numbers on a team that was .500 and on pace to make the playoffs before he got hurt. Kyrie has led teams to near league-worst records two straight years. Kyrie only looks better than Bosh right now because of his situation. Put him on Miami as the third wheel and he doesn't look special at all.

LeBron won't be swayed by guys like Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson. He probably doesn't even know who they are. It's unbelievably obvious how much better Miami is than Cleveland as far as providing an opportunity to win titles. Look at how dominant this Heat team is and ask yourself how much better a team can really be. No team can be better than they are.

I could understand if it was something like the Lakers with completely recovered Dwight, Kobe on a paycut (or retired) and a ton of cap space or something... but it's not. We're comparing the Heat to the Cavs. There's no comparison.
2010splash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #32
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

RBA, I was wondering if you're aware of this massive thread at realcavsfans.com dealing with LeBron's free agency in 2014. There are close to 4000 posts in it, and majority of fans in that thread want LeBron back. And these are the same people who called him every name under the sun back in 2010. Thoughts on that?
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #33
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian guy
RBA, I was wondering if you're aware of this massive thread at realcavsfans.com dealing with LeBron's free agency in 2014. There are close to 4000 posts in it, and majority of fans in that thread want LeBron back. And these are the same people who called him every name under the sun back in 2010. Thoughts on that?
Immediate thoughts are, like all things LBJ related on that site, I try to steer clear of any and all discussions... As evidenced by the fact that I'm a semi-regular poster over there and I don't have a single post in the thread, nor have I ever even clicked into it.

So, let the record show that I'm really not all that interested in the discussion in the first place.

But, just giving it a very cursory look, the poll answer with far and away the highest percentage of the vote is "not a chance."

Also, the survey is skewed, because there are essentially four possible responses, with three of the four being varying degrees of "yes." Any time you do that on a poll question, you are influencing the respondents.

I may give more credence to a simple question of: "Do you want LBJ back?" And either "yes" or "no."

At the end of the day, I'm not surprised, because most of the people who would open an LBJ related thread on RCF are probably those who are thinking about trying to get him back. The people like me with no interest whatsoever would likely never open the thread.

Considering that, the fact that "not a chance" got the highest number of votes is the biggest surprise to me personally.

Also, RCF isn't limited to just hardcore Cavs fans. There are some pretty casual fans and even some LBJ fans that post there.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #34
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

cheering for him is like texting your ex who's back in town, who cheated on you 3 years ago. stop embarassing yourselves.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #35
H E A T
Can barely lace up my sneakers

H E A T has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
No. Instead, I should kiss the feet of the guy who went completely out of his way to kick the franchise and the city in the nuts before leaving. That seems totally appropriate.
Please stop. Your franchise did absolutely nothing for him to stay. Carry on though.

Last edited by H E A T : 03-07-2013 at 01:47 AM.
H E A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #36
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by H E A T
Please stop. Carry on though.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #37
H E A T
Can barely lace up my sneakers

H E A T has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik

cheering for him is like texting your ex who's back in town, who cheated on you 3 years ago. stop embarassing yourselves.
Says the insecure bitch, who whores themselves over other guys. AKA the troll of ISH.
H E A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:17 PM   #38
sixer6ad
Local High School Star

sixer6ad has decent reputation

What EVERYONE is forgetting is how much of a role the emotion passion can play in life. Passion can return people to places, partners, jobs, addictions, etc. that others cannot believe they are going. People on the outside don't understand why people "do something" because they don't have the same passion for a situation. My guess is that plays a role in this whole thing. The same passion that played a role in letter writing, condemning, and booing/berating is the exact same passion that contributed to 10 standing ovations every game and God-like worship. This is the reason for the saying "there's a thin line between love and hate". I gotta tell you, that line is VERY THIN between C-town and LBJ. That's why - and I'm not joking - a sentimental "we hate you for leaving but want you back so we'll cheer" moment is not as far fetched as it sounds.

Any posters on here ripping C-town: Ever been --it on by some girl but you would die to get her back? Guaranteed some posters on here were shameless in what they did to win back the heart of someone who just dumped on them.

Here's the truth: No matter what RBA says, it would literally take 10 seconds for C-town to open up to a return. Why? Passion. My God, on July 9 we loved him and on July 10 we hated him? That's the definition of passion.

All of the experts (which doesn't include any of you) and many of the insiders (again...none of you) think it could happen. On top of that, everyone here knows he likes a good story.

Next Wednesday at 7:00 pm is tipoff. I will be there, take a video and try to put it on. We can see how the crowd reacts. One way or another, it will be passionate.
sixer6ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #39
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

people from Ohio really have no self respect. This is like the dude that tries to get back together with his gf who dumped and humiliated him by publicly banging his arch nemesis on live tv.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #40
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
What EVERYONE is forgetting is how much of a role the emotion passion can play in life. Passion can return people to places, partners, jobs, addictions, etc. that others cannot believe they are going. People on the outside don't understand why people "do something" because they don't have the same passion for a situation. My guess is that plays a role in this whole thing. The same passion that played a role in letter writing, condemning, and booing/berating is the exact same passion that contributed to 10 standing ovations every game and God-like worship. This is the reason for the saying "there's a thin line between love and hate". I gotta tell you, that line is VERY THIN between C-town and LBJ. That's why - and I'm not joking - a sentimental "we hate you for leaving but want you back so we'll cheer" moment is not as far fetched as it sounds.

Any posters on here ripping C-town: Ever been --it on by some girl but you would die to get her back? Guaranteed some posters on here were shameless in what they did to win back the heart of someone who just dumped on them.

Here's the truth: No matter what RBA says, it would literally take 10 seconds for C-town to open up to a return. Why? Passion. My God, on July 9 we loved him and on July 10 we hated him? That's the definition of passion.

All of the experts (which doesn't include any of you) and many of the insiders (again...none of you) think it could happen. On top of that, everyone here knows he likes a good story.

Next Wednesday at 7:00 pm is tipoff. I will be there, take a video and try to put it on. We can see how the crowd reacts. One way or another, it will be passionate.

I have a source (don't care who believes me or who does not) who claims that discussions between gilbert and Lebron's agent concerning the return have already happened, and will continue to happen, and at one point it was more or less a done deal but now its 50/50.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #41
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixer6ad
As I've stated numerous times when it comes to this topic, I can only speak for myself. I don't profess to be the mouthpiece of greater Northeast Ohio. I'm also not trying to influence anyone else.

I don't know how exactly the city may react to a possible return by James, but I know myself... And I'm disgusted by the notion.

What I will tell you is the idea that Cavs fans will give LeBron a "standing ovation" while he visits in his Heat uniform is absolutely ridiculous... And that I can virtually guarantee will never happen. In that instance, I do think I have a handle on how Cleveland will react.

A two minute (or 10 second) standing ovation will not happen. If it does, feel free to bookmark this thread and tell me all about it.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #42
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY

people from Ohio really have no self respect. This is like the dude that tries to get back together with his gf who dumped and humiliated him by publicly banging his arch nemesis on live tv.

I love these types of posts. For one, i like it when people try to generalize a state full of millions of people.

So its lame if cleveland welcomes him back because its like getting back with an ex gf but if cleveland doesn't want him back then its lame because they are acting like a scorned guy whose gf cheated on him
Old 03-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #43
DukeDelonte13
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
As I've stated numerous times when it comes to this topic, I can only speak for myself. I don't profess to be the mouthpiece of greater Northeast Ohio. I'm also not trying to influence anyone else.

I don't know how exactly the city may react to a possible return by James, but I know myself... And I'm disgusted by the notion.

What I will tell you is the idea that Cavs fans will give LeBron a "standing ovation" while he visits in his Heat uniform is absolutely ridiculous... And that I can virtually guarantee will never happen. In that instance, I do think I have a handle on how Cleveland will react.

A two minute (or 10 second) standing ovation will not happen. If it does, feel free to bookmark this thread and tell me all about it.

he'll probably get a mix of boos and and a few cheers, he sure as hell won't get a standing O though.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #44
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Last time cavs played heat i think i saw somebody with a "witness the forgiveness 2014" sign LOL
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #45
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
It's 2013 and Wade is playing at a superstar level. One year won't make a huge difference. Bosh is and always has been a star. What is Kyrie doing that Bosh hasn't done? Bosh put up monster numbers on a team that was .500 and on pace to make the playoffs before he got hurt. Kyrie has led teams to near league-worst records two straight years. Kyrie only looks better than Bosh right now because of his situation. Put him on Miami as the third wheel and he doesn't look special at all.

Bosh has never been a superstar, and Wade is not currently one. Hell Durant doesn't even qualify in my mind as a superstar because he can't dominate the game in all facets, although has become a lot better in his short comings. In this NBA only LeBron is a superstar, the rest are all stars. Wade is playing great right now, and he may play great next year, but LeBron will be 30 by the time he is elligibale to re-up, and he won't be thinking about one or two years, he'll be thinking about who can offer him the best chance to win titles for the rest of his career. As for Kyrie, yeah he's nothing special, just one of the youngest all stars ever, a 20ppg (easily) scorer with 50/40/90 potential, and had one of the best rookie seasons in NBA history. No big deal really, all in a days work for Kyrie...

LeBron won't be swayed by guys like Dion Waiters and Tristan Thompson. He probably doesn't even know who they are. It's unbelievably obvious how much better Miami is than Cleveland as far as providing an opportunity to win titles. Look at how dominant this Heat team is and ask yourself how much better a team can really be. No team can be better than they are.

LeBron James understands the value of role players. It's the reason he agreed to take a paycut to ensure Haslem could be signed, and it's the reason he tried to "woo" Fisher. With Dion, and Tristan they may be more than role players, and if Tristan continues his upward trend he may be outside of the role player label, and be a legitimate 18/10 big man on a contender. As for Dion he's in his rookie year so the jury is still out, but he's proven to be a solid third option at this point. He may just be the best player taken in the top 5 in a few years.

Oh and LeBron definately knows who Tristan is by the way. I believe they've met a few times... Try google searching pictures of the two #La Familia, or whatever the hell LeBron's new schtict is.

I could understand if it was something like the Lakers with completely recovered Dwight, Kobe on a paycut (or retired) and a ton of cap space or something... but it's not. We're comparing the Heat to the Cavs. There's no comparison.

LeBron going to the Lakers to join Howard isn't even in the realm of reality at this point. I think we can all agree that Howard is gone.

At this point the Cavs have had two drafts to reload, by the time LeBron comes aboard it will be 4, with four picks (including this years) likely to be top 5 selections. The fifth pick could be anywhere between 5-20 depending on how well they play next year, and of course health. Then the Cavs have their lesser picks like the Lakers one this year if they make the playoffs (Heat's if not), which will be around 18 or 19, and a few years down the road when Marc Gasol, and Zach Randolph are both off the books the Cavs have a very likely lotto pick from Memphis (2016 I believe).

With the Heat LeBron could hope to contend, and i'm being rather generous imo another 3 years after his contract, he'll be 33, and out of his prime, Wade *might* be retired, and Bosh will be out of his prime.

The Cavs on the other hand will have a 23 year old Kyrie, and Dion, 24 year old Tristan, 25 year old Zeller, 22 year old whoever from this draft, and 21 year old whoever from 2014 draft. That means that when LeBron is 33 Kyrie will be entering his prime, and the team can offer LeBron multiple years of contention well into his twilight years. By the time LeBron's 40 the Cavs players might be too old to seriously contend, but by the time LeBron's 34 the Heat's will be.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: