Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-13-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Question Tyrus Thomas.

Is it me or is he loosing alot of momentum goin into the Draft. Is there anyway he ends up earning a top 5 spot in the draft. He has no offencive skill set to speak about. He is undersized at the 4 by NBA standards. No extremely strong. He can block a few shots and it will be intresting to see him try to do that when he is matched up against Amare or Dwight.

If you had a top 5 pick is there anyway you would draft him?
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #2
KGtoGay2k6
I hit open layups

KGtoGay2k6 has no real reputation yet.

dont forget hes a hot head in interviews.
KGtoGay2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:36 AM   #3
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGtoGay2k6

Because that has so much to do with his actual game...but sadly it is probably hurting his stock at least slightly.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:42 AM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

I can see him being drafted more around the 10 range. He's more of an athlete than a player.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Unregistered

Default bust

Yeah, this guy is a bust too. He reminds me a lot of Kenyon Martin. Undersized and athletic, with no real skills or intelligence.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Thomas will only be a bust if you expect too much out of him. If you expect 20 points a game he will be a bust ya because he will never be a star. With that said I would want him on my team to score 8 points, 8 boards, 3 blocks, and a great hustle player. He will be widely regarded as a bust though because those numbers don't cut it for a top 5 player.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:30 AM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
Thomas will only be a bust if you expect too much out of him. If you expect 20 points a game he will be a bust ya because he will never be a star. With that said I would want him on my team to score 8 points, 8 boards, 3 blocks, and a great hustle player. He will be widely regarded as a bust though because those numbers don't cut it for a top 5 player.
You just described someone who should go in the mid to late first round.............

If he puts up those numbers and he goes in the top 10, he is a bust. I don't care what you expect of him. Scouts and GMs and a lot of fans are on his jock. Some going so far as to call him the best player/talent in the draft.

Me, personally, I don't know what to expect from him. Honestly, I don't think we got to see enough of him to evaluate him as a player. Most players are known before they hit the NCAA through the HS and AAU circuit. No one knew who Tyrus Thomas was.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

He had one good game in the tournament and that's it. He scored 12 points per game in college so do you honestly expect him to score more in the NBA? I think GM's are realizing this and Thomas could make an unexpected fall as far as the Sonics at 10.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

tyrus reminds me a lot of stromile swift. not worth a top 10 pick, let alone the guarantee he supposedly got at #2.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:54 AM   #10
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
Is it me or is he loosing alot of momentum goin into the Draft. Is there anyway he ends up earning a top 5 spot in the draft. He has no offencive skill set to speak about. He is undersized at the 4 by NBA standards. No extremely strong. He can block a few shots and it will be intresting to see him try to do that when he is matched up against Amare or Dwight.

If you had a top 5 pick is there anyway you would draft him?

There have been some under size power forwards that have done very well....Dennis Rodman, I think Buck Williams was about 6'8" also.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #11
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

hes a good player but he is not even the best power foward it shelden williams. i think he would be better as a small foward. and he said he can do more then what he showed at Lsu because they just ask him to be a shot blocker and rebounder.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #12
csharp10

Default tyrus thoams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGtoGay2k6

Im glad he is giving them attitude. Cuz its people like you and writers who talk bad about him and that pisses him off, so now he is going to come out and show everyone something.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:44 PM   #13
csharp10

Default Tyrus Thomas

Ok everyone listen , A freshman averaging 12 points 9 rebs an 3 blocks in college and you guys dont think he is good!? He is 19! He is kicking ass out there i dont know what you guys are thinking.He dominated Duke , he dominated against Aldridge , by the way he held him to like 4 points. How is he not worthy to be a top ten player. Watch his games and you will see how much of a game changer he is. If the bulls pick him and they should, see how many times Hinrich and Gordon get in the lane and dish him the ball, he will be gettin at least 10 to 14 points a night. He is pissed off and he has something to prove, becuz there are so many haters out there. He will be coming in the league hungry.
Old 06-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #14
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
he dominated against Aldridge, by the way he held him to like 4 points.
Shows that you didn't even watch that game.

Glen Davis guarded Aldridge, not Thomas.

Quote:
Im glad he is giving them attitude. Cuz its people like you and writers who talk bad about him and that pisses him off, so now he is going to come out and show everyone something.
If he's mad about stuff that internet posters on a message board are saying, he's a loser. If he's mad because a mock draft site projected him too low, he's a loser. No real professional would let that affect him to the point to where he lets it show in an interview with someone.

The kid needs to man up and work out against competition and quit trying to hide himself in a competitve environment and then maybe people would quit dissing him.

Open your eyes, dude.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #15
Csharp10

Default tyrus thomas

Naww dude you didnt watch the game, Thomas verse Aldridge, davis verse tucker dumbass, o by the way thomas scored 21 points also , know your shyt bud
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: