Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #16
Richesly
Atlanta Hawk Fan

Richesly has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Stephen Curry Has the Second Highest 3PT% Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacattack33
In checking stephen curry's yahoo sports page for one of the first time i see he was born in Akron?

Wow, so they have two of the best nba players in the league born in that one city. And it's not even that big of a city.

you said it yourself
Richesly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

I love his shooting form. It makes me wonder sometimes, how he doesn't get blocked considering how low his elevation is.

I know he's got a quick release, but NBA players are very athletic and can challenge shots pretty well. I guess it helps that he is 6'3.
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #18
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

Whenever Curry misses 3's though, I get pissed
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richesly
you said it yourself
He said two of the best, not the two best. Curry is definitely one of the best players in the league, no debate.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #20
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richesly
you said it yourself

True.

But i mean i was speaking through the view of looking at all basketball players over the country...so for Akron to even have two nba players period is great.

But they don't just have the 151st best player in the league and the 203rd best. They have two of the best...number 1 and number 30.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
tgan3
Local High School Star

tgan3 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
For his career so far. First is Steve Kerr.
Obviously, it could drop as his career goes on, but it's insane how great he's shooting at his volume (over 7 threes a game on 45% this year!!!). Has anyone ever shot this well this far into their career?
I really should watch the Warriors more, I have rarely seen Curry play.

What if he beats Steve Kerr to the record?

Anyways, best shooter since Nash and Allen
tgan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #22
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyap9675
I love his shooting form. It makes me wonder sometimes, how he doesn't get blocked considering how low his elevation is.

I know he's got a quick release, but NBA players are very athletic and can challenge shots pretty well. I guess it helps that he is 6'3.
I'm sure it helps he's not 5'4'', but sometimes a quick release is a quick release, regardless of the athleticism of the defense. Most players, particularly those with NBA-level shooting talent, spend years upon years learning how much space they need between themselves and the defender in order to get up a shot, whether they have a high elevation release or not.

His dad was kind of the same way - grounded, but wonderfully skilled at gauging the space he needed and quick on the release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqpGkyO4rk

Sidenote, somehow I never realized before now that Stephen Curry is technically Dell Curry Jr. Both his full name and that of his father is Wardell Stephen Curry. Don't know how I missed that.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #23
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204
I'm sure it helps he's not 5'4'', but sometimes a quick release is a quick release, regardless of the athleticism of the defense. Most players, particularly those with NBA-level shooting talent, spend years upon years learning how much space they need between themselves and the defender in order to get up a shot, whether they have a high elevation release or not.

His dad was kind of the same way - grounded, but wonderfully skilled at gauging the space he needed and quick on the release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqpGkyO4rk

Sidenote, somehow I never realized before now that Stephen Curry is technically Dell Curry Jr. Both his full name and that of his father is Wardell Stephen Curry. Don't know how I missed that.

I never saw that either.

Interadasting.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #24
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgan3
What if he beats Steve Kerr to the record?

Anyways, best shooter since Nash and Allen

Steve Nash is a better shooter than he ever was before. Curry is a better shooter than he is.

Curry is probably a better shooter than Ray too. He will be the best shooter in the history of the league.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:06 AM   #25
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rake2204

The player protagonist of that video is officially a grandpa. I feel old because I remember Dell's 3rd year in the league
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: