Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #16
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: restoring an old car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Basically what I meant by the honeymoon phase would be over. You go into the project thinking that it would be something you like when it was done but didn't care for it.

I think the same goes for even a Continental that I like or an old BMW, eventually the restoration would make you hate it.

I went into it trying to make a quick buck. :)

Restoring cars isn't all about finding your dream car. It's far more about opportunism and ambition. For me, that Diplomat was one way to go from having $600 in my pocket, to $2500 for something I like more(gain some skill, and improve my abilities.) I was only 14, so I couldn't drive it(legally). I did all of it in a Chicago Alley, not in a fancy garage. We were lower-class Americans LOL.

Once in a while you find something you really fall in love with. You need to keep in mind that if you judge a car on looks(or specs), then you'll be going into every project with great ignorance. The car you wind up loving wont be the one you initially bought for its look.

Last edited by Crystallas : 03-08-2013 at 05:56 PM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: