Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 AM   #31
BuffaloBill
HillBilly

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: nba has to stop with these up and under foul calls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid101

I'm speechless.

1) The ref who made that call is fired and can never ref a game ever again.

2) Durant is fined 1,000,000 dollars on principle.

Why should Durant get fined? All he did was make the shot and the free throw. This is all on the ref for making a dumb call.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #32
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Why should Durant get fined? All he did was make the shot and the free throw. This is all on the ref for making a dumb call.

The FBI should investigate for point shaving. They threw Donaghy in prison for stuff just like this.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #33
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think it's no different than when shooters kick out out defenders. The offensive player is causing the contact solely in the effort to get fouled. Surprised they haven't stopped it yet
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:30 PM   #34
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

If you couldn't do that move then defenders could be all over everybody. That's even worse
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #35
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

The problem is not that there is a foul. The problem is that they call it on the wrong guy. Whoever initiates the contact needs to get called for the foul. Problem solved.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #36
wakencdukest
Local High School Star

wakencdukest has decent reputationwakencdukest has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Defenders need to stop giving players that call. You don't play defense with your hands; you play defense with your feet. Their shitty technique deserves to be persecuted. I have no idea why they won't stop.

Bullshit. You play defense with both. You use your feet to stay in front of the offensive player and block his path to the basket. You have to use your hands to stop him from shooting or passing the ball. Most of the best defenders in the game will put the palm of their hand an inch from the shooters face so they can't see the basket. It's smart defense. As long as you aren't touching the offensive player, there's nothing wrong with it. The rip move is a bitch move, and the refs shouldn't call that.
wakencdukest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #37
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

The NBA needs to call the foul on the person initiating the contact. If they did, these two pathetic moves would disappear overnight.

In pickup games, people only try the rip or duck under on me once. When they rip up, I rake my hand across their face and pop them in the nose. They look at me odd, but I say sorry, you just pulled me into you. If they try the duck under while I am in the air, I come down full force on top of them with my elbows leading.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #38
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakencdukest
Bullshit. You play defense with both. You use your feet to stay in front of the offensive player and block his path to the basket. You have to use your hands to stop him from shooting or passing the ball. Most of the best defenders in the game will put the palm of their hand an inch from the shooters face so they can't see the basket. It's smart defense. As long as you aren't touching the offensive player, there's nothing wrong with it. The rip move is a bitch move, and the refs shouldn't call that.
So defenders should make it hard for the offensive player to score but the offensive player should back down? GTFO.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #39
kshutts1
Great college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

While we're advocating for a rule change, increase the span of time a player must be stationary for a Charge call.. or get rid of it all together. Very dangerous play that is encouraged by the potential reward (charge).
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #40
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50

This goes beyond ridiculous.
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #41
kshutts1
Great college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
The NBA needs to call the foul on the person initiating the contact. If they did, these two pathetic moves would disappear overnight.

In pickup games, people only try the rip or duck under on me once. When they rip up, I rake my hand across their face and pop them in the nose. They look at me odd, but I say sorry, you just pulled me into you. If they try the duck under while I am in the air, I come down full force on top of them with my elbows leading.

We would have fun playing together. And by fun I mean it wouldn't end with a pop to the nose or leading with elbows.

Anyway, I fully agree with your first point. The NBA made a "change" with the pump-fake;get the defender in the air; lean in and initiate contact call... but it is still called inconsistently. AT least they're making strides with it though. So I believe that the rip move will be looked into... eventually. Probably once Durant retires.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #42
kshutts1
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
This goes beyond ridiculous.

You remember that Good Sport commercial? The HS player told the ref the ball was out on him? Just once I'd like to see a star; Kobe, Durant, Lebron, etc; tell the ref "nah man, he didn't touch me. Play on". lol
Old 03-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #43
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation hereralph_i_el has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48

^this guy is a try hard ****** irl
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #44
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
^this guy is a try hard ****** irl
Not really. Played in college. If you want the foul, then you need to pay for it.
Old 03-09-2013, 03:50 PM   #45
vert48
Can You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
We would have fun playing together. And by fun I mean it wouldn't end with a pop to the nose or leading with elbows.

Anyway, I fully agree with your first point. The NBA made a "change" with the pump-fake;get the defender in the air; lean in and initiate contact call... but it is still called inconsistently. AT least they're making strides with it though. So I believe that the rip move will be looked into... eventually. Probably once Durant retires.
So, you are one of the idiots that uses these b!tch moves?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: