Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Greatest Song of 1967

Anyone remember?
MadeFromDust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #2
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Greatest Song of 1967

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #3
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Idunno, I'm kinda partial to "Leaving on a Jet Plane" written by John Denver and recorded by Peter, Paul, and Mary myself
Old 03-06-2013, 12:03 AM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ThqMw01V8
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
You know that's the classic James Brown sound we've all come to know and love, but I wouldn't call that particular song the greatest.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
You know that's the classic James Brown sound we've all come to know and love, but I wouldn't call that particular song the greatest.
Most important song released in 1967.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:41 AM   #7
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Gladys Knight and the Pips - I heard it through the grapevine

might not be as good as Marvin Gaye's version but it is pretty close and I'm not sure if Marvin's version was released in 67
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #8
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Mystery_Tour

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sgt._Pe...arts_Club_Band
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:16 AM   #9
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1967 is one of the densest years in music.
Pink Floyd, Beatles, Velvet Underground all came out with their masterpieces.

I will pick the VU's Venus in Furs, but there so many songs that made the history of music that year.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #11
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18

I would have sworn that was earlier......I would be hard pressed to put something above this, but 1967 probably has a lot of gems
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just looked at the singles from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_in...st_hit_singles
I didn't bother looking at the albums that were released

From the list, the other songs that stood out to me:

A Whiter Shade of Pale
Some Beatles songs
Gimme Some Lovin'
For What It's Worth
Respect - Aretha released her version
Chain of Fools
I Second That Emotion
Somebody to Love
White Rabbit
Ain't No Mountain High Enough
Soul Man
I Can See for Miles
Try a Little Tenderness
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Most important song released in 1967.
Nope
Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #14
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Oh yeah that one's definitely greater than "Leaving on a Jet Plane"
Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #15
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
I just looked at the singles from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967_in...st_hit_singles
I didn't bother looking at the albums that were released

From the list, the other songs that stood out to me:

A Whiter Shade of Pale
Some Beatles songs
Gimme Some Lovin'
For What It's Worth
Respect - Aretha released her version
Chain of Fools
I Second That Emotion
Somebody to Love
White Rabbit
Ain't No Mountain High Enough