Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-03-2014, 02:35 AM   #31
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Tomb Raider is awesome

Hey Jayda.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:44 AM   #32
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected posterkonex is a pretty well-respected poster

Just finished the Definitive Edition and I agree. It's much better than any Uncharted game at everything but fleshing out the side characters.

Cannot wait for the sequel
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:51 PM   #33
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would have to disagree with you, although i did love both games, and have pretty much every Tomb Raider game.

Tomb Raider, while a lot better then the rest of the Tomb Raider games and i'm glad they're heading in a positive direction, was pretty much a slightly worse clone of Uncharted. (Like Watch Dogs is to GTA)

It was also a bit comical how Lara's first kill was so dramatic then 2 seconds latter she is on a mass murdering rampage.
Uncharted is leaps and bounds better at character development and also the relationships between characters.
I feel the shooting mechanics, climbing, cover system, movement is all better in Uncharted.
I did prefer Tomb Raider though for the creepy blood sort of stuff they did, like when under that shack or in that cave with all the bodies, that was a big plus.

It would be awesome if Tomb Raider headed a little bit more towards like survival horror in tombs and stuff.
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:06 PM   #34
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
I would have to disagree with you, although i did love both games, and have pretty much every Tomb Raider game.

Tomb Raider, while a lot better then the rest of the Tomb Raider games and i'm glad they're heading in a positive direction, was pretty much a slightly worse clone of Uncharted. (Like Watch Dogs is to GTA)

It was also a bit comical how Lara's first kill was so dramatic then 2 seconds latter she is on a mass murdering rampage.
Uncharted is leaps and bounds better at character development and also the relationships between characters.
I feel the shooting mechanics, climbing, cover system, movement is all better in Uncharted.
I did prefer Tomb Raider though for the creepy blood sort of stuff they did, like when under that shack or in that cave with all the bodies, that was a big plus.

It would be awesome if Tomb Raider headed a little bit more towards like survival horror in tombs and stuff
I agree with the bolded part. Which is weird because I'm not a big fan of creepy shit usually, but it really showcased how ****ed up the people on that island had become.

Honestly I feel like this Tomb Raider was better than the Uncharted ones. Maybe not the story (although it's very good and respectable). But the tombs were amazing, and a couple were challenging. But I preferred the Tomb Raider controls more than the Uncharted ones. It's just funny because Uncharted obviously borrowed a lot from the Tomb Raider games, then finally we get a good Tomb Raider game that borrows heavily from Uncharted.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:09 AM   #35
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterAi2death is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
I agree with the bolded part. Which is weird because I'm not a big fan of creepy shit usually, but it really showcased how ****ed up the people on that island had become.

Honestly I feel like this Tomb Raider was better than the Uncharted ones. Maybe not the story (although it's very good and respectable). But the tombs were amazing, and a couple were challenging. But I preferred the Tomb Raider controls more than the Uncharted ones. It's just funny because Uncharted obviously borrowed a lot from the Tomb Raider games, then finally we get a good Tomb Raider game that borrows heavily from Uncharted.

I see what you're saying here and i agree completely to a point, Uncharted came out while Tomb Raider was still smashing out the same games, same controls and really going no where fast expect down.

Uncharted came out with a superior control scheme, yeah the basic ideas were Tomb Raideresque, but it was fresh & revitalized.

The tombs on Tomb Raider i thought were nice, but i think the reward at the end of each tomb should have been greater and more meaningful.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #36
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was enough different for me. I do think the jump from Uncharted 1 (which was an awesome game) to 2 (which is an alltimer), made the move to 3 feel a little disappointing. And I loved three, beat it several times, got the platinum trophy, I still believe that even in a vaccuum that 2 is better.

But that sort of lateral feeling we got from 2 to 3 I think made the Tomb Raider reboot feel even fresher. It felt enough different that almost felt like the sequel UC3 was supposed to be.

But again, in a vaccuum, I still think UC3 was better. Mostly because of the story. But the things that make Tomb Raider compete for me was the mazier approach to the game layout, which was awesome. The way we kept adventuring in different areas only to be spit back into that main hub, and then we'd get new tools to make previously unreachable areas reachable. And the upgrades to the weapons and the skills were a really nice touch to me, and something we haven't seen any of in the UC series. That to me were the elements that I liked better than what we've gotten from UC. But the story and character work, along with the animation and combat controls, still make UC just a tick ahead.

Both great games though. Can't wait for both sequels.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #37
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Yeah, I don't want people thinking i hated the game, quote the opposite, i loved it. I'm even one of these people who bought it twice, once on ps3 and once on ps4.

The best bit i reckon was where you come up to the bridge of the final temple and those 2 Samurai kill that dude.

I'm hoping the next Tomb Raider delves further into the mystical mythology sort of stuff. Those were the best bits of this Tomb Raider.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: