Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #31
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sports car for around $20k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
Been going too long making good decisions; I'm due for a bad one.

Had slow cars all my life and need to wreckshop before a family comes.

Bought the house, now time to buy a rocket
why dont you buy a sports seedan
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #32
Solidape
Serious playground baller

Solidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat coolSolidape is considered somewhat cool

If you can live with auto transmission get a G37X. They do make a RWD Manual G37 (not with X) but those are rare to see on the market.

Sports Sedan with almost all of the sports you probably need for a daily car.
Solidape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:15 AM   #33
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nek1477

my 06' 350z, one of the best car i have ever own, payed 12k cash, with 60k miles 2 years ago

350 z looks so much better with a spoiler in my opinion.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 AM   #34
bergs14
J-Weezy

bergs14 has decent reputationbergs14 has decent reputation

Damn I wish some of these cars you guys are listing on here came with that same price tag where I'm from
bergs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #35
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I need a daily driver

Bit worried about the maintenance needs of any 20 years old mid-90s cars (though they were great cars).
It does not break down, it's a very reliable car. There are plenty on the market with low mileage and it's a Mazda so it's not gonna cost you much to maintain it. I don't wanna sound prejudiced or anything but every other car that has been suggested in this thread is inferior to a 93 RX-7. It lacks a bit in driving comfort though, if you value comfort too much since you want it for daily use you could go for an RX-8 it does not give you the mid-range torque RX-7 has but the drive is much more comfortable.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #36
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
It does not break down, it's a very reliable car. There are plenty on the market with low mileage and it's a Mazda so it's not gonna cost you much to maintain it. I don't wanna sound prejudiced or anything but every other car that has been suggested in this thread is inferior to a 93 RX-7. It lacks a bit in driving comfort though, if you value comfort too much since you want it for daily use you could go for an RX-8 it does not give you the mid-range torque RX-7 has but the drive is much more comfortable.

Dunksby: hardcore Thunder & rotary engine fan.

One of those is not my cup of tea amigo
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 AM   #37
chairman
The Return

chairman has decent reputationchairman has decent reputation

Quote:
I definitely want to drive an M3. I liked a lot about the 335i, other than I wish it had a v8 and not a I6tt.

Skyline, Supra...out of budget.

Evo/Impreza... I've never driven but should put on my list.

RX8/S2000...probably won't have the torque I'm craving if the 350z didn't.

I LOVE 300zx TTs and other turbo 90s cars, but I just need a daily driver. I pretty much plan on leaving the car stockish (maybe help out the breathing, but that's it).

So I really need that torque from the get go, and I need it to be a daily driver.

My next cars to drive will be M3, GTO(boat), Vette ( ), and another 07ish 350z.

The e46 m3 is a completely different feel from the 335i. I had the m3 and loved it, drove my brothers 335i, it's nice but it's more of a luxury car. The m3 is the best car you'll get for that money, but maintenance is expensive on the m3.
chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #38
nek1477
1 life, 1 love

nek1477 has decent reputation

Quote:
Sick deal. No oil consumption issues?
no issues at all, i do my own oil changes and i store it in the winter.
nek1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #39
nek1477
1 life, 1 love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
350 z looks so much better with a spoiler in my opinion.
Some do, but this one didn't come with one and i just kept it like that, it does have a smoother look to it.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #40
nek1477
1 life, 1 love

I dont know if you like suburu's but a WRX would seem like everything you need, AWD for the snow, good on gas, and can be a daily driver and packs some HP.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:21 AM   #41
chairman
The Return

chairman has decent reputationchairman has decent reputation

Quote:
I dont know if you like suburu's but a WRX would seem like everything you need, AWD for the snow, good on gas, and can be a daily driver and packs some HP.
Audi S4 is a better option. Don't bother getting an Asian "sports car". The only sports cars from asia are the GTR and Lexus F series . Germany makes the best sports cars
chairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #42
nek1477
1 life, 1 love

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman
Audi S4 is a better option. Don't bother getting an Asian "sports car". The only sports cars from asia are the GTR and Lexus F series . Germany makes the best sports cars
I have an A8, i agree with Germany making the best sports car, but you will have to find a good deal or settle with a top of the line car under 20k, especially with maintenance.

Last edited by nek1477 : 03-12-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:01 AM   #43
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Some do, but this one didn't come with one and i just kept it like that, it does have a smoother look to it.

Oh definetly, your 350 z looks nice regardless. I've just seen some with spoilers and I just fell more in love with them.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 AM   #44
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman
lol
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 AM   #45
nek1477
1 life, 1 love

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablabla
lol
dudes crazy,
Top 10 Japanese Sports Cars