Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #16
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Question for buddaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
All of your posts give off a pretentious vibe and that one statement alone is a red-flag that proves that you dont know shit about the lifestyle that you claim you are about to adopt. The whole point of buddhism is to become more self-aware and conscious of your thought process, it has nothing to do with "dropping emotions" even if you didnt mean to "drop each emotion 100%."
Yes, it absolutely does have to do with dropping emotions. Anger, fear, joy...etc

It's a part of it. You have a very limited view on the whole subject. You said the WHOLE point is to become more self aware and conscious, which is a small part of it.

The main goal is to drop your ego. Read up on it yourself, I don't have the time to actually explain to you in detail, it would take hours.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #17
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Goodluck in your quest budaddiii
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
Yes, it absolutely does have to do with dropping emotions. Anger, fear, joy...etc

It's a part of it. You have a very limited view on the whole subject. You said the WHOLE point is to become more self aware and conscious, which is a small part of it.

The main goal is to drop your ego. Read up on it yourself, I don't have the time to actually explain to you in detail, it would take hours.
Son, I have a thorough understanding of this subject and I can tell you with absolute certainty that it does not have to do with dropping emotions. The purpose of all of these spiritual teachings including buddhism is to get in touch with the inner-peace that we all have within us, the inner peace that is revealed when we stop assigning so much importance to the thoughts that are present in our constant thinking. That includes our thoughts on ourselves, ie the ego or self-image, which is a mind-made thought construct that has no basis in actual reality. By doing so we become detached from our self-image and thus we are not trapped in the constant cycle of thought and emotion that one is otherwise caught in if they believe their thoughts on themselves do indeed represent who they truly are.

It has nothing to do with dropping emotions.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation hereBudadiiii has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Son, I have a thorough understanding of this subject and I can tell you with absolute certainty that it does not have to do with dropping emotions. The purpose of all of these spiritual teachings including buddhism is to get in touch with the inner-peace that we all have within us, the inner peace that is revealed when we stop assigning so much importance to the thoughts that are present in our constant thinking. That includes our thoughts on ourselves, ie the ego or self-image, which is a mind-made thought construct that has no basis in actual reality. By doing so we become detached from our self-image and thus we are not trapped in the constant cycle of thought and emotion that one is otherwise caught in if they believe their thoughts on themselves do indeed represent who they truly are.

It has nothing to do with dropping emotions.
Son, I'm becoming a Buddhist Monk, read up on it before you post.

You're taking my sentence too literally to begin with.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #20
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

buddaii, youre essentially living a nothing kind of life. no good or bad impact on anyone else. how does that make you better than an average person doing good and bad?

also, i see how people use religion for selfish reasons. even Buddhist monks. example?

"Basically i'm living the typical unenlightened human life right now, on March 27th, I drop every human emotion and explore places OP and every other loser in this thread can never experience"

your post shows that your becoming a monk for selfish reasons, and to make yourself feel superior to everyone even though your not

ie. i was raised as a Buddhist but dont consider myself to be one even though i agree with it. im a vegetarian by my own good will. im already more enlightened than you by Buddhist standards.

Last edited by nathanjizzle : 03-09-2013 at 11:21 PM.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #21
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Son, I'm becoming a Buddhist Monk, read up on it before you post.

You're taking my sentence too literally to begin with.
this is a waste of my time
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #22
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

emotion is primitive logic i think as we continue to evolve we will naturally become less emotional at least that is my theory but i'm just some nut on the net.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #23
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
buddaii, youre essentially living a nothing kind of life. no good or bad impact on anyone else. how does that make you better than an average person doing good and bad?

also, i see how people use religion for selfish reasons. even Buddhist monks. example?

"Basically i'm living the typical unenlightened human life right now, on March 27th, I drop every human emotion and explore places OP and every other loser in this thread can never experience"

your post shows that your becoming a monk for selfish reasons, and to make yourself feel superior to everyone even though your not

ie. i was raised as a Buddhist but dont consider myself to be one even though i agree with it. im a vegetarian by my own good will. im already more enlightened than you by Buddhist standards.
Well, my posts aren't exactly a reflection of who I actually am in real life, no matter how much you want to believe that.

I guess the internet really is serious business according to some people.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #24
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
emotion is primitive logic i think as we continue to evolve we will naturally become less emotional at least that is my theory but i'm just some nut on the net.
I agree with you, as we evolve, these animal emotions will no longer dictate our behavior to the degree it does today.

Through technology, we will be able to start tinkering with our very own consciousness and I could see us becoming more robotic, and continue to separate ourselves from other animals.

We will become the alien species that we have obsessed about for many years.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #25
L8kersfan222
Rip Samurai Swoosh

L8kersfan222 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryL8kersfan222 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryL8kersfan222 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Well, my posts aren't exactly a reflection of who I actually am in real life, no matter how much you want to believe that.

I guess the internet really is serious business according to some people.
idiot
L8kersfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:55 AM   #26
BuffaloBill
Zero Dimes

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Namasté Budadii. Good luck on your quest. And I'm sorry that you got raped by your dad.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You better man the f*ck up and go through it entirely or die trying.

Don't leave us disappointed if you half-ass it.

I personally wanna see a photo of you AT a garden.

This is the most brilliant decision you've made out of your worthless life and it's time for you to go head over heels for the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path.
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
Why do people respond to Budadiiii?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8LAFSY3Ws
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #29
Budadiiii
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
You better man the f*ck up and go through it entirely or die trying.

Don't leave us disappointed if you half-ass it.

I personally wanna see a photo of you AT a garden.

This is the most brilliant decision you've made out of your worthless life and it's time for you to go head over heels for the Four Noble Truths and the Eightfold Path.
I thought you were above insults J-Money.

Guess not.

I got you though. I can't even promise I will ever use the internet after March 27th. But I definitely won't half-ass it.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #30
PrettyCool
Banned

PrettyCool has no real reputation yet.

everybody here understands that Buddaiii is 11 years old right? He's actually admitted it lol. He spends his time trolling basketball forums, and I don't blame him. I don't even remember how I use to pass my time at that age lol.
PrettyCool is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: