Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #31
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: After 15 years, I've officially given up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
The enjoyment I get when the raptors do well, is unlike anything else I experience from sports, and I bet pretty heavy at times. The frustrations are on similar level of magnitude. Therefore I would like to recreate that with a team that actually has a chance to do something. I want to follow every single offseason rumor, every rookie in summer league, etc. raps are already taking about two hours of my life a day, don't know if I can do that with two teams
I hear you, I am the same way when it comes to getting more out of the raptors since the investment is greater. And quite honestly, being sick of mgmt is a legit gripe since colangelo had 7 years, a weak conference, and quite a bit to work with yet he didnt do shit. Personally I feel that next season will also be entertaining and I forecast a 5-8 seed slot but if you are going to cheer for another team all the power to you but as a favour to me just dont go for the lakers or heat mang
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If Bryan Colangelo's option gets picked up or he gets extended, I'm done too. Not forever but at least until there is a complete overhaul in the team's front office. At that point I will simply become a basketball fan and not follow any team in particular.

It's a shame since I used to go to 8 games a year (I live 2 hours away so to me, that's a lot). I've been to playoff games in three different series. Right now though, I have no desire to spend a single dollar on the Raptors. In fact, if someone gave me free tickets to a game right now I still wouldn't go. The current Raptors are very low on the "what's a good way to spend 3 hours?" scale.

Colangelo started with a young All-Star PF, a #1 pick, a decent young asset (Villanueva), Calderon who would soon become a good asset and cap space. After 7 years what do the Raptors have to show for all that? Two first round exits and now a low lottery team with no All-Stars, no cap space and no draft pick. This team has been run into the ground.

Oh and if (I still won't) there was a team I'd jump ship for, Houston would be it right now. Depending on how they use their upcoming cap space, that could be a team set-up nicely for long-term success.

Last edited by Qwyjibo : 03-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #33
Nash
NBA lottery pick

Nash is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Just start following teams that have your favorite players on them.
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #34
monkeypox
National High School Star

monkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this boardmonkeypox is popular on this board

Don't give up. I've been a Clipper fan for like 25 years. I have to tell you when they get good it's an awesomely gratifying feeling. I'm also a Laker fan though so I guess I can't know your pain fully since at least one of my teams is winning. But I do understand the hopelessness of having an inept franchise. Even now I'm worried every day they're going to do something stupid and ruin this good thing they've got going. I've seen it too many times before. Even with the Lakers it's a bit grim since the son of the owner is now taking over.

If you're really intent on changing teams, maybe go for the spurs. They've got good ownership and management. Or wait till the Sonics come back and jump on them. Even though these are west coast teams, since you only need to go to two games a year you can always wait till they're in town.
monkeypox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #35
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

ive only cheered for two teams in my entire life, the Bulls and the Raptors. I would never "jump ship" because let's face it, as bad as we are as a franchise, we've been worse before.

I usually cheer for the Bulls in the playoffs but that didn't go too well last year so now come playoffs I'm just a basketball fan, I'm just gonna enjoy every game from an unbiased perspective...except if it's the Knicks, Nets, Celtics (division rivals) Lakers (81 pts scarred my fandom for life) and the Heat (just because)
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
ive only cheered for two teams in my entire life, the Bulls and the Raptors. I would never "jump ship" because let's face it, as bad as we are as a franchise, we've been worse before.

I usually cheer for the Bulls in the playoffs but that didn't go too well last year so now come playoffs I'm just a basketball fan, I'm just gonna enjoy every game from an unbiased perspective...except if it's the Knicks, Nets, Celtics (division rivals) Lakers (81 pts scarred my fandom for life) and the Heat (just because)

So basically, you are going to have to root for the Bulls again because you hate the rest of the East.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #37
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
So basically, you are going to have to root for the Bulls again because you hate the rest of the East.

lol basically
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #38
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
Do yourself a favor and start rooting for the Lakers. 16 banners don't lie.

You can watch them live whenever they travel to the East.
It is ridiculous that you guys count the ones from Minnesota.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #39
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Just start following teams that have your favorite players on them.
nope. downward spiral to becoming a fanboi
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #40
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has an OK reputation so far

Chicaco, don't jump on the Heat wagon because once Lebron leaves, it's shyt again
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #41
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Chicaco, don't jump on the Heat wagon because once Lebron leaves, it's shyt again
Not true at all. Heat have had a good franchise for quite a while and they will always be an attractive destination for free agents. Even when they were having those first round exit seasons they still had a superstar and flexibility for the future
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
fsvr54
Decent college freshman

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

How have the Hawks not been mentioned?

Most likable team in the league.
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #43
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmac
I have a hard time jumping ship to such winning franchises.

Then stay with the Raptors
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #44
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

I can relate mate. I feel the same for the Warriors
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
macmac
Gov'n

macmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemacmac is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
I can relate mate. I feel the same for the Warriors

You should definitely change teams, I don't think the swings are good for your heart
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: