Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Should Chicago Have Traded Noah?

I made this argument before the draft last summer and got semi-killed. The trade I proposed was Noah to Charlotte for the 2nd pick in the draft. Everyone thought that was too much for Charlotte to give for Noah. I'm not sure that it's not the other way around now.

I think Noah is one of the the 5 or so best centers in basketball, but should Chicago have resigned Asik and then traded Noah? It makes more sense to me to have Asik as your cheaper defensive anchor and then move Noah for another scorer to put next to Rose.

What do you all think?
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #2
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Should Chicago Have Traded Noah?

You were rightfully killed for it. With Noah's play this year, I have to say that's easily one of the dumbest ideas ever thought up.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Say Chicago gets the 2nd pick and takes Bradley Beal. This would be Chicago's lineup:

Rose
Beal
Deng
Boozer
Asik

I feel like that's a much more dangerous team.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Although Noah is playing like a bonafide stud this year, hindsight is 20/20, and with the way Asik's been playing, and having a guy like Beal at the 2 for years to come, would've been deadly.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Say Chicago gets the 2nd pick and takes Bradley Beal. This would be Chicago's lineup:

Rose
Beal
Deng
Boozer
Asik

I feel like that's a much more dangerous team.

Much better lineup. Asik doesn't bring the offensive/defensive versatility that Noah does, but sooner or later you need a guy like Beal with Rose.

Got damn that lineup looks sweet.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
The Choken One
<3 LeBron <3 Heat <3

The Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryThe Choken One posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I wouldn't give up Noah, but I also truly believe in the whole 1 elite guard & 1 elite big, but I can see why having Beal would be so enticing. Still tho, Bulls are a better team with Noah. He brings a hell of a lot to that team.
The Choken One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #7
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

noah is a guy you need as your big man if you wanna win a title. unless you have the refs in your backpocket
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
noah is a guy you need as your big man if you wanna win a title. unless you have the refs in your backpocket

True, but so is a great back court, shot creators, and a big that can protect the paint.

Would you rather have Noah/Taj/Marco? Or Asik/Taj/Beal?

Of course, you have to remember how young Beal is, and he still has much more room to improve.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
You were rightfully killed for it. With Noah's play this year, I have to say that's easily one of the dumbest ideas ever thought up.

I was killed because people thought Noah wasn't worth the 2nd pick at the time.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #10
KeyNote
KR∆PES

KeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputationKeyNote has a terrific reputation

You use Rose & Noah as the 2 main pieces to build around..Asik is nothing but a good role player

Noah is an all star
KeyNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

I feel like scorers are easier to find through draft and FA. Good luck finding another Noah. Sure you can find a good defender, but Noah is an all around basketball player, a winner, a locker room guy, and he's going to win a championship someday. If I'm the Bulls, there is no way I listen to any offers for Noah, Deng, and Rose. They are the core of that team and they are 1 piece away from being real contenders (assuming Rose comes back effectively).

When you're 1 piece away, you don't trade a piece to try to get a better one. Only OKC gets away with that kind of stuff. Normally, it's a complete disaster. (see marion for shaq, 2008 was it?)
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
I feel like scorers are easier to find through draft and FA. Good luck finding another Noah. Sure you can find a good defender, but Noah is an all around basketball player, a winner, a locker room guy, and he's going to win a championship someday. If I'm the Bulls, there is no way I listen to any offers for Noah, Deng, and Rose. They are the core of that team and they are 1 piece away from being real contenders (assuming Rose comes back effectively).

When you're 1 piece away, you don't trade a piece to try to get a better one. Only OKC gets away with that kind of stuff. Normally, it's a complete disaster. (see marion for shaq, 2008 was it?)

You obviously don't visit any Bulls message boards. The point of keeping Asik was to flip Noah into a stud SG, while keeping a stud big man in Asik.

I would've traded Noah and Deng for Dwight in a heart beat when we could have, but the Bulls FO didn't pull the trigger, because of the 1 year rental situation.

The point is, Noah is a stud, of course, but when you can keep a guy like Asik, that gives you similar production in 10 less minutes, while also getting a stud wing player in return, you do it.

Obviously if you don't have an Asik, you have to keep Noah. That's a given.

Decent scorers are easy to find through the draft and FA, but not the type to take you to the next level. Besides, scorers aren't that easy to find. They usually always get big contracts sooner or later. Not to mention, the bidding war for them.

Last edited by tikay0 : 03-10-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #13
willds09
Banned

willds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrywillds09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Noah iz nice but his jump shot iz hilarious
willds09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #14
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Nash has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
I made this argument before the draft last summer and got semi-killed. The trade I proposed was Noah to Charlotte for the 2nd pick in the draft. Everyone thought that was too much for Charlotte to give for Noah. I'm not sure that it's not the other way around now.

I think Noah is one of the the 5 or so best centers in basketball, but should Chicago have resigned Asik and then traded Noah? It makes more sense to me to have Asik as your cheaper defensive anchor and then move Noah for another scorer to put next to Rose.

What do you all think?
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

upside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableupside24 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Imagine Noah on the Heat.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: