Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #16
tikay0
Banned

Default Re: Should Chicago Have Traded Noah?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyNote
You use Rose & Noah as the 2 main pieces to build around..Asik is nothing but a good role player

Noah is an all star

Yes, without Asik that's true, but with Asik, not so much.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by upside24
Imagine Noah on the Heat.

Imagine Bosh on the Bulls.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:28 PM   #18
Nash
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #19
upside24
Aspire To Be Great

Quote:
I agree. Boozer has been solid this year though.
upside24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #20
el gringos
Good college starter

Not for that pick because they could get way more if.......
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #21
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

They gotta trade ****in Deng already, guy keeps sucking in every damn game and doing nothing. That wouldn't be a problem if he didn't get 13 million a year and along with Boozer killed the cap space. Can't have 2 black holes that disappear in the postseason.

Seriously, you gotta start thinking about the future, Bulls will never do jack with Boozer and Deng as #2-#3 options. Deng is the easiest matchup for Lebron, and Boozer is the easiest matchup for Bosh, they will both rape those guys in a series. Noah and Rose are the only key pieces, everyone else can be moved.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #22
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
They gotta trade ****in Deng already, guy keeps sucking in every damn game and doing nothing. That wouldn't be a problem if he didn't get 13 million a year and along with Boozer killed the cap space. Can't have 2 black holes that disappear in the postseason.

Seriously, you gotta start thinking about the future, Bulls will never do jack with Boozer and Deng as #2-#3 options. Deng is the easiest matchup for Lebron, and Boozer is the easiest matchup for Bosh, they will both rape those guys in a series. Noah and Rose are the only key pieces, everyone else can be moved.

Deng and Boozer must be moved, I agree.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #23
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Deng and Boozer must be moved, I agree.
WoW a Bulls fan not on Deng's nuts? OMG IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Too many others treat Deng like an untradeable asset, truth is he is a hard worker and good defender, but that shit ain't worth freaking 13 million. He is a very bad option vs Heat. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't do anything on offense and continues to struggle. Jimmy Butler does the same things Deng does but for fraction of the price.

The fact there is nobody at SG, Boozer at PF and Deng at SF just makes it so much harder to win vs elite teams. For every advantage Bulls have 2 disadvantages.

An ideal lineup would be...

Rose
Afflalo/Sefalosha
Batum/Parsons/Leonard/AK47
Milsap
Noah

Bulls can trade for 1-2 of those guys with a Deng/Boozer package and maybe some young talent or picks (do they have any picks lol?).

The biggest issue is the cheap FO though, they keep shedding salary and trying to save money instead of going after free agents or making deals. The are content with selling out most games and just making money instead of helping Rose and building a championship caliber team. Can't blame Rose if he leaves after his contract is up, the management is really shitty in this era of superteams.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #24
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
WoW a Bulls fan not on Deng's nuts? OMG IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Too many others treat Deng like an untradeable asset, truth is he is a hard worker and good defender, but that shit ain't worth freaking 13 million. He is a very bad option vs Heat. Can't dribble, can't shoot, can't do anything on offense and continues to struggle. Jimmy Butler does the same things Deng does but for fraction of the price.

The fact there is nobody at SG, Boozer at PF and Deng at SF just makes it so much harder to win vs elite teams. For every advantage Bulls have 2 disadvantages.

An ideal lineup would be...

Rose
Afflalo/Sefalosha
Batum/Parsons/Leonard/AK47
Milsap
Noah

Bulls can trade for 1-2 of those guys with a Deng/Boozer package and maybe some young talent or picks (do they have any picks lol?).

The biggest issue is the cheap FO though, they keep shedding salary and trying to save money instead of going after free agents or making deals. The are content with selling out most games and just making money instead of helping Rose and building a championship caliber team. Can't blame Rose if he leaves after his contract is up, the management is really shitty in this era of superteams.

You'd be surprised at how many Bulls fans that share my sentiment. He has been utterly garbage on offense this year. Yippee, you got a tip in layup.

Not a chance in Hell, we can get Batum/Leonard/Afflalo with Boozer and Deng.

Deng wouldn't even be able to get Leonard, let alone Batum and Afflalo.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #25
Whoah10115
Linja Status

It isn't that Deng isn't worth $13Million. On a team where Noah is making near that amount, with Boozer making that amount, and Rose already on his contract...you have to do something.

He's their best asset, plus they have Butler. I'm not saying they should trade him, but it's worth looking into.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #26
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
You'd be surprised at how many Bulls fans that share my sentiment. He has been utterly garbage on offense this year. Yippee, you got a tip in layup.

Not a chance in Hell, we can get Batum/Leonard/Afflalo with Boozer and Deng.

Deng wouldn't even be able to get Leonard, let alone Batum and Afflalo.
He has been garbage since 2012, he makes Westbrook look like the most efficient scorer in the game. I swear to God he misses more WIDE OPEN 3 point shots than ANYONE else I have seen, and they brick hard too leading to long rebounds and fastbreak for the opposing team. Maybe Artest misses as much, but at least he makes one every once in a while.

It's kinda shocking how many games Bulls wins with just Noah's energy and Thibs balls of steel. There is literally 0 production from 3-4 positions every game. Some scrub has to step up for them to win, one day it's Bellineli, another Robinson. Need some consistent players.

That's why I never have any hopes in the playoffs, all the role players vanish and keep missing open shots. When they play good teams no one even defends their 3pt shooters because they know they all suck.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #27
Mrofir
National High School Star

Quote:
You obviously don't visit any Bulls message boards. The point of keeping Asik was to flip Noah into a stud SG, while keeping a stud big man in Asik.

I would've traded Noah and Deng for Dwight in a heart beat when we could have, but the Bulls FO didn't pull the trigger, because of the 1 year rental situation.

The point is, Noah is a stud, of course, but when you can keep a guy like Asik, that gives you similar production in 10 less minutes, while also getting a stud wing player in return, you do it.

Obviously if you don't have an Asik, you have to keep Noah. That's a given.

Decent scorers are easy to find through the draft and FA, but not the type to take you to the next level. Besides, scorers aren't that easy to find. They usually always get big contracts sooner or later. Not to mention, the bidding war for them.

You're right that I don't visit any bulls message boards, and I don't follow the team that closely. I have a bro in chitown and he's a bulls fan, so I get the news now and then and watch their games when i can.

I'm also a gators fan so, full disclosure.

But I don't think Noah and Asik are comparable, even if their stats can look similar at times. Noah is much better passer, for one. And he is made of locker room glue. It is hard to have chemistry issues with a guy like Noah on your team. I could make the argument right now, even despite the recent burst of better play by D12, that the Lakers would be in a much better position right now if they had Noah instead of Howard this entire season straight up. That's a fit issue more than a talent assessment. This isn't so cut and dry though, otherwise Bulls would have pulled trigger. They know what that guy is worth to the team, they see it every day in practice and on the flights and in the games.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #28
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
He has been garbage since 2012, he makes Westbrook look like the most efficient scorer in the game. I swear to God he misses more WIDE OPEN 3 point shots than ANYONE else I have seen, and they brick hard too leading to long rebounds and fastbreak for the opposing team. Maybe Artest misses as much, but at least he makes one every once in a while.

It's kinda shocking how many games Bulls wins with just Noah's energy and Thibs balls of steel. There is literally 0 production from 3-4 positions every game. Some scrub has to step up for them to win, one day it's Bellineli, another Robinson. Need some consistent players.

That's why I never have any hopes in the playoffs, all the role players vanish and keep missing open shots. When they play good teams no one even defends their 3pt shooters because they know they all suck.

That's not even an exaggeration. When he pulls up for a 3, you can count on it not going through the orange cylinder.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #29
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
You're right that I don't visit any bulls message boards, and I don't follow the team that closely. I have a bro in chitown and he's a bulls fan, so I get the news now and then and watch their games when i can.

I'm also a gators fan so, full disclosure.

But I don't think Noah and Asik are comparable, even if their stats can look similar at times. Noah is much better passer, for one. And he is made of locker room glue. It is hard to have chemistry issues with a guy like Noah on your team. I could make the argument right now, even despite the recent burst of better play by D12, that the Lakers would be in a much better position right now if they had Noah instead of Howard this entire season straight up. That's a fit issue more than a talent assessment. This isn't so cut and dry though, otherwise Bulls would have pulled trigger. They know what that guy is worth to the team, they see it every day in practice and on the flights and in the games.

Yes, Noah's intangibles out weigh Asik's. That's a given, but Asik isn't that far off.

The point I'm raising is that, Asik is a serious center that can give you similar numbers to Noah, and is a better rim protector. He brings a different type of game compared to Noah, but can be effective enough, where getting rid of Noah, while getting a stud wing in return, negates Noah's presence alone.

Bottom line. Asik + very good shot creator > Noah, and half way decent shot creator.

I agree, Noah would do wonders for the Lakers, but you're forgetting that Howard is injured. Healthy Dwight >>> Noah. That's the truth.

I'll take Rose/Dwight > Rose/Noah any day of the week.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
It isn't that Deng isn't worth $13Million. On a team where Noah is making near that amount, with Boozer making that amount, and Rose already on his contract...you have to do something.

He's their best asset, plus they have Butler. I'm not saying they should trade him, but it's worth looking into.
So tell me what Deng does that is worth 13 million on a championship team? Because he is completely useless offensively. Here is a list of SFs that are better than Deng right now and have been proving that on the court, also how much they make.

Deng- 13.3 million

Josh Smith - 13.2 million
Paul George - 2.5 million
Ersan Ilyasova - 7.9 million
Thadeus Young - 8 million
Rudy Gay - 16 million
Trevor Ariza - 7 million
Shawn Marion - 8 million
Danillo Gallinari - 9 million
Andre Igoudala - 14 million
Wilson Chandler - 5 million
Chandler Parsons - 888k dollars
Matt Barnes - 850k
AK47 - 9 million
Nicolas Batum - 10 million
Kawhi Leonard - 1.8 million
Gordon Hayward - 2.7 million

Deng is one of the top payed but in both production on the court and PER he is bottom 3, if not lower.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: