Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: R and B is back

steve harveys radio channel aint bad
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #17
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Cowboy Thunder has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
They only play Bruno Mars on pop radio stations. You do know there are R&B radio stations right?

I live in Oklahoma, Bill.

Country station, Country station, Grunge rock, Classic Rock, Country Station, Pop station, and that's it.
Cowboy Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #18
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Or not worry about syntax and use that time to buy an ipod

At which point you will just have a collection of old songs and talk about how "music died" in that era.

As I said, R&B won't be back till record sales indicate it is. If it's selling, it gets played. If not, it's just a hispter crying on the net about undervalue.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #19
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
I live in Oklahoma, Bill.

Country station, Country station, Grunge rock, Classic Rock, Country Station, Pop station, and that's it.

Lol I'm sorry. But still there's satellite/internet radio stations for specific genres.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #20
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Once some one decides to bring some live instrumentation back into R&N, than it will be back. Until then, no. Cool drum patterns ans sytnhs are cool, but we need some rhodes, guitar, acoustic drums.

Thank goodness for Mint Condition and Raphael Saadiq.
Mint Condition: Believe In Love
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #21
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Thunder
At which point you will just have a collection of old songs and talk about how "music died" in that era.

As I said, R&B won't be back till record sales indicate it is. If it's selling, it gets played. If not, it's just a hispter crying on the net about undervalue.
Or you can just download songs/albums that are just as new as the ones on the radio and put it on your ipod.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
Cowboy Thunder
2012 I rep flatulence

Ok, I stand defeated.

R&B is back. It's taken over the MTVs, radios, and internet is going nuts. Concert venues are packed to the decks. All hail R&B.

Disco gots next.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #23
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OP I think you forgot to add your hometown hero to the list

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTFcJW0OLb0

better than Franky imo. He's dropping an album this year too.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:50 PM   #24
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Jose James: It's All Over Your Body
Jose James: Love
Lianne La Havas: Lost and Found
Old 03-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #25
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Dam-Funk: I Don't Wanna Be A Star!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #26
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Solange: Don;t Let Me Down
Austin Brown: Menage a Trios
AustinBrown: Stargazer
Austin Brown: What Did I Lose To Love You
Austin Brown:Highway to the Sky
Austin Brown: Volcano
B Howard: Dancefloor
Old 03-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #27
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

When is D'angelo gonna drop another album??

Frank Ocean is nice though, I mess with him
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 AM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

R&B requires actual talent i.e. being able to sing. It can't be faked like Hip-hop with catchy hooks, fads, and auto-tune.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #29
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Kizzle, I really like that you try and upload old-school type R&B or Neo-Soul type/90s joints in here, but you really can't be limit R&B to those. I haven't heard of the chick McFly posted but I really like what Frank Oean and Miguel are doing for the genre. You're gonna give me a lot of heat for this but when I watched the video of Adorn, got damn, I imagined it would be something that Prince might try if he got together with some modern producers (not to mention that the odd vibe and look Miguel had was somewhat remeniscent of him). Don't be so nostalgic, man. It blinds you.

And yes, I DID see that Bilal song you posted a week ago and it was abso-frickin-lutely amazing.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #30
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
When is D'angelo gonna drop another album??

Frank Ocean is nice though, I mess with him

Was supposed to be late last year but I have no idea what's come of it.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: