Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 AM   #31
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: R and B is back

D'Angelo just performed with ?uestlove last week in the UK.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #32
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
R&B requires actual talent i.e. being able to sing. It can't be faked like Hip-hop with catchy hooks, fads, and auto-tune.
understood, but no one in this thread filled with links falls under that category
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #33
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

this is what it takes to be a real r&b sanga
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 has not been impressing people

R&B was so good from the 80's to the late 90's/early 2000's.....artists just be like "fcuk it" no way we can match that. and that's cool.

Way too much stuff to flip back n forth too, so I don't even care for new sh*t...especially if it's from lames like Chris Brown LOL
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:51 PM   #35
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

what do you guys think of "the weeknd"
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #36
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Chapter v was pretty good....

N!ggas love to hate on Trey though.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #37
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

The dream is supposed to drop iv play soon, most likely another classic.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #38
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
what do you guys think of "the weeknd"

Weeknd is great. Original, good songwriter, and great voice.

The music field as a whole now has a greater range of originality, so it leaves less room for mega stars forming which everyone enjoys.

Weeknd is a breath of fresh air though.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:24 AM   #39
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Look604
R&B was so good from the 80's to the late 90's/early 2000's.....artists just be like "fcuk it" no way we can match that. and that's cool.

Way too much stuff to flip back n forth too, so I don't even care for new sh*t...especially if it's from lames like Chris Brown LOL
I don't understand why you would stay in that era forever. There is plenty of good music ranging from before Abd after that period.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #40
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Miguel sucks. Dude's first single bombed terribly and he changed his entire sound and look and everything. I'm sorry but I'll save my respect for artists who keep it real from the jump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMl02nqA0hg

I mean come on, this looks like a lame imitation/fusion of Usher and B2K smdh
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #41
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
Miguel sucks. Dude's first single bombed terribly and he changed his entire sound and look and everything. I'm sorry but I'll save my respect for artists who keep it real from the jump

Since when was reinvention of one's style a demerit to one's talent or career? Usher seemed to change it up every damn album he came out with. Stevie Wonder from the 60s DEFINITELY didn't sound like Stevie Wonder from the 80s. If anything, Miguel trying out a new sound, which also deviated from the regular R&B music that flooded/floods the airwaves is pretty damn cool. I mean, in another era full of club bangers with repetitive beats and synths, stuff like what the artists in the OP produce are more of what the genre needs. And let's face it, not all artists carry the same style they do as when they first get known, but hey, if they try it out and are able to make the sound theirs, then why not, right?
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #42
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Weeknd is great. Original, good songwriter, and great voice.

The music field as a whole now has a greater range of originality, so it leaves less room for mega stars forming which everyone enjoys.

Weeknd is a breath of fresh air though.

Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #43
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2

Absolutely retarded post.
You act like people don't grow up and find their niche and style with age.

Keep it real? What is keeping it real when it comes to RNB exactly? People get influenced by artists along the way, and feel more inclined to make certain type of music.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:12 PM   #44
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

I'm pretty surprised to see Miguel get this big.

I found out about him when he was singing hooks on Blu & Exiles album : http://youtu.be/OC7kYagMW6A
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #45
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Another addition to the list of new comers.... Elijah blake

A Roc Nation artist that has been featured on Rick Ross and Game songs, recently dropped a tape back in December with some promising material.

My favorite song of his is XOX feat. Common. Colorful vocals popping throughout the song with Common's excellent rapping makes for an impressive offering.

Here is a link to his tape which has the XOX song btw

http://www.datpiff.com/Elijah-Blake-...pe.429180.html
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: