Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #61
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What do you think happens after death?

The only religious after death doctrine I can believe at all is reincarnation.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #62
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs

Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
over not existing at all?

obviously lol

I would choose a tortured life over never existing again...even tortured people have moments of happiness

If you are someone that is okay with never existing again, as though this life right now on Earth is all you have and all you will ever know...and when it's over that's -it-...then I can only imagine that you are a very depressed person...because if life makes you happy then you would never want it to cease.

I'm far from alright with it right now, but I'd imagine if I ever make it to 80+ then I might feel that way. Of course at my age I want to live forever.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #63
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Worms will use your skull as a clubhouse and have orgies in the hollowed out sockets where your eyes used to be. Or maybe you will be burned and turned into a fine powder/dust and sprinkled around somewhere interesting or put on top of a fireplace.

Your ego and false belief that you ceasing to exist will cause the Earth to stop rotating is the reason you want to believe the bullshit being spewed by snake oil salesmen like primetime aka the L. Ron Hubbard of ISH. The Universe got along just fine before you were born, it will continue doing so long after you're gone. If your inability to deal with that inconvenient truth causes you to delude yourself into believing you'll be getting guitar lessons from Jimi Hendrix 10,000 years from now in the clouds or you're coming back as a caterpillar, then go nuts. It's your prerogative
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #64
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation

a dmt trip and you go to another dimension for eterenity
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #65
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well, at least you see as "inconvenient" Don and don't try to act as though you are happy with what you believe
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #66
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Worms will use your skull as a clubhouse and have orgies in the hollowed out sockets where your eyes used to be. Or maybe you will be burned and turned into a fine powder/dust and sprinkled around somewhere interesting or put on top of a fireplace.

Your ego and false belief that you ceasing to exist will cause the Earth to stop rotating is the reason you want to believe the bullshit being spewed by snake oil salesmen like primetime aka the L. Ron Hubbard of ISH. The Universe got along just fine before you were born, it will continue doing so long after you're gone. If your inability to deal with that inconvenient truth causes you to delude yourself into believing you'll be getting guitar lessons from Jimi Hendrix 10,000 years from now in the clouds or you're coming back as a caterpillar, then go nuts. It's your prerogative

I can respect this belief although I find it rather arrogant sometimes when atheists act all-knowing, like there's nothing about the universe that they can't figure out.
rufuspaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #67
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
well, at least you see as "inconvenient" Don and don't try to act as though you are happy with what you believe

That's what you don't get- the Universe does not give a shit if you are 'happy' with circumstances. Again, that's your ego at play- you think just because death doesn't fit your criteria for what you like or don't like, you can make it whatever makes you feel better. You can choose NDE, Catholicism, Scientology, Buddhism, whatever. Doesn't make a difference whatsoever, that's just placating your ego and fear, which you have every right to do.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #68
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
That's what you don't get- the Universe does not give a shit if you are 'happy' with circumstances. Again, that's your ego at play- you think just because death doesn't fit your criteria for what you like or don't like, you can make it whatever makes you feel better. You can choose NDE, Catholicism, Scientology, Buddhism, whatever. Doesn't make a difference whatsoever, that's just placating your ego and fear, which you have every right to do.
why do you think that -I think- the universe will change if I die?

I have said nothing to suggest that
Old 03-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #69
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

Quote:

here, here. if came into this thread to post something similar, but you put it much more eloquently than i think i could.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #70
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I can respect this belief although I find it rather arrogant sometimes when atheists act all-knowing, like there's nothing about the universe that they can't figure out.
yes, they have the human consciousness all figured out...and have linked it to the brain

they need to inform actual brain scientists of their findings who have yet to make this discovery and are clueless as to why we are conscious/self-aware
Old 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #71
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
IMO the universe just popping out of nothing is illogical

thank God gravity exists...and light...and "time"...we really lucked out there

I'm not a physicist
but i don't interpret the big bang as the universe popping out of nowhere
I think it is possible that our big bang which started as a very dense point of matter could be compared to a massive black hole that existed in another universe.

I'm not sure if that even makes sense but i wouldn't assumed that the big bang is our universe popping out of nowhere.

What happens after death??
the matter that was once part of me and once created in a death of a star will continue to spread through out the universe.
MMM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #72
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

Quote:
yes, they have the human consciousness all figured out...and have linked it to the brain

they need to inform actual brain scientists of their findings who have yet to make this discovery and are clueless as to why we are conscious/self-aware

atheists do not claim to have answers for everything. we are simply looking at the evidence and saying wow, an overwhelming majority of the evidence points to the conclusion that there is no god or gods watching over us.

the great thing about the scientific method is that it cannot make claims which it has no evidence for, in contrast to religion, which can just make explanations up, claiming magic did it.

that is why scientists are still trying to figure out the first cause of the universe, where consciousness comes from, et cetera.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #73
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoiko
atheists do not claim to have answers for everything. we are simply looking at the evidence and saying wow, an overwhelming majority of the evidence points to the conclusion that there is no god or gods watching over us.

the great thing about the scientific method is that it cannot make claims which it has no evidence for, in contrast to religion, which can just make explanations up, claiming magic did it.

that is why scientists are still trying to figure out the first cause of the universe, where consciousness comes from, et cetera.
but it doesn't..at all

plenty of scientists are theists that see that as the ILLOGICAL way of thinking...that everything here just came from nothing

"Gods watching over us" ...that is wording it in a silly way that makes it seem illigiocal...to be a theist you don't have to literally believe in an old man in the sky with a grey beard
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #74
Budadiiii
Heroin Boyz

Budadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBudadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBudadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBudadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBudadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBudadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBudadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBudadiiii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
but it doesn't..at all

plenty of scientists are theists that see that as the ILLOGICAL way of thinking...that everything here just came from nothing

"Gods watching over us" ...that is wording it in a silly way that makes it seem illigiocal...to be a theist you don't have to literally believe in an old man in the sky with a grey beard
When you look at it that way, then isn't some all powerful being "popping out of nowhere" or "always existed" seem just as illogical and mind numbing?

Nothing can really be proven, but I trust the world's biggest brains to put the pieces together better than brainwashed religious folks.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #75
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

"how did the other side come to be" is a different story, that is a different place with a different science book...a place where "time" doesn't exist...perhaps it will all make sense there
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: