Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #106
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: BTE Chess Tour: Sign up & Perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faptastrophe
You almost never lose a game without making big mistakes. This is even true for very high-level players, although that's because they have a different idea of what is "big."
Moving the f-pawn early is generally considered a little risky. It can open up your King to various threats and doesn't help you develop anyhow. Of course 1.d4 f5 is a respectable opening but personally I'm not sure I'd recommend it at your level.
Notice how your early pawn moves made g6 and e5 into weak squares, which could no longer ever be defended by a pawn. This allows me to use my pieces freely; in this case my Knight, although I didn't accomplish all that much with this power. Be careful about this; it could have been worse for you.
4...h6 was also simply a waste of time in addition to creating a weak square and completely ruining the possibility of castling Kingside. I can only assume you were trying to forestall Ng5 because you've been hit with forks that way, but that threat is far away, and if I'd try it you can handle it without freaking out like this.
Your biggest problem though is that you never castled. Everything that happened in the last half of the game was because your King was out in the open. Once it was too late to castle, abandoning your King to go Pawn-hunting with 16...Qb4+ was also a mistake. Castling is absolutely essential in all but a rare few games and you should be planning for it from the start.

oh I get it now.
yeah can't afford wasting 2 steps and messing up my position with a6, h6
learned a lot - thanx for the feedback!
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #107
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lost to Tim:http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=66860448

Beat kNIK: http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=66901194

Which gives me my first win of the tournament
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #108
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Won dunksby/celestialfreak. 73 moves..

http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=66945346

No more games left for me. PM me when the playoffs start.
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #109
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lost to Don

http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=66802090
Old 03-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #110
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation heredunksby has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Won dunksby/celestialfreak. 73 moves..

http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=66945346

No more games left for me. PM me when the playoffs start.
I'm happy with myself I lasted that much, last time I had played chess was when I was 12 or something playing against my dad. I might pick up that habit again thanks to this
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #111
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Beat Celts: http://www.chess.com/echess/game?id=66940870
Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #112
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Fapto now in the strong first place, waiting for the second place from group Ptereodactyl.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #113
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

.. so? Any updates?
Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #114
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I wish I was cool enough to play chess
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #115
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
.. so? Any updates?

I lost to Don/Rip again, so I've got 2 games left with Dunksby and then i'm done.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #116
DonD13
GYMNAST

DonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonD13 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
I lost to Don/Rip again, so I've got 2 games left with Dunksby and then i'm done.

so I guess the playoffs will start next winter...
DonD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #117
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13

We have one game going right now and were about 20~ moves into it so far, but he likes to take the full 3 days to make a move.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #118
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonD13
I wish i had winter
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #119
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll send a pm to Dunksby and if he does not respond to it withing 24 hours or does not finish his games, he'll be disqualified like that
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #120
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here

http://www.chess.com/members/view/timacles

Im currently playing Nikulis again.

I still have to play Celticsgarlic again and dunksby. Please challenge me im not sure of your usernames.

Last edited by OhNoTimNoSho : 03-26-2013 at 12:20 PM.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: