Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default J$ Training for Tough Mudder and 3 on 3 Ball

Figured might as well add a journal to inspire some folks.

I have no gym subscription. It's cold outside. Broke. BUT THAT SHALL NOT prevent us from chasing the ability to L.E.A.P.

Going to do calisthenics, hill sprints, and plyometrics to try to become a grea tathlete. At about a 30.5" standing and 34"-ish running. Can get quarter of a forearm above rim, maybe more.

Going to discuss 3 on 3 strategies. My handles and J are alllriiightt nothing special but my rebounding, D and court vision are solid. Teammate of mine can knock down 18 footers automatic and the other fellow is a solid PG. But we're at a disadvantage still since other guys are 6'4"+, and I'm the tallest at 5'11"

Okay so we'll start things off with a basic pick and roll and weave formation. THe first designed to get the pick setter a free the layup, the second for an open jumpshot.

Help chime in on some strategies fellows!
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Budadiiii
Banned

Budadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBudadiiii has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: J$ Training for Tough Mudder and 3 on 3 Ball

No surprise you're a broke ass loser with a broke ass game.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I've done Tough Mudder... Lot's of fun. My advice to you would be to run as much as you can. If you want to breeze through it, get up to 8 miles straight, no stops, under an hour. If you find time to work out at a gym, hop on a treadmill and set the incline to 2, 8 miles, under an hour.

Also, make sure sure to focus on arms, chest, abs and quads. Do you know which Tough Mudder you'll be doing?
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd do this but I can't run for that long lol looks fun though.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #5
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
I've done Tough Mudder... Lot's of fun. My advice to you would be to run as much as you can. If you want to breeze through it, get up to 8 miles straight, no stops, under an hour. If you find time to work out at a gym, hop on a treadmill and set the incline to 2, 8 miles, under an hour.

Also, make sure sure to focus on arms, chest, abs and quads. Do you know which Tough Mudder you'll be doing?

Yeah man that's always inspiring to hit up the incline and really do it. Cardio is tougher than weights IMO.

You can't help but remember Rocky IV when they do the montage and Drago's sprinting up that thing and it's going like 60 degrees up

I'll be doing Vermont, brother. Intended on Boston earlier but eh that got moved to New hamp.

How's my cali circuit look?
4 sets of handstand pushups
4 sets of dive bomber pushups
4 sets of military press
4 sets of inverted rows
4 sets of chin ups
5 sets of pistol squats
5 sets of bulgarian split squats
Planks
Leg Lifts
Janda Sit Ups

Do these exploding fast up, lowering down slow. Can feel an awesome pump. Each day a bit more and more volume until the day comes. It's gonna be tough as all hell. A mountain in August, but hey challenge gives us meaning to life does it not
Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #6
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
I'd do this but I can't run for that long lol looks fun though.
trust me you can do it, you just have to try. Right now I can run 5k but before I couldn't even run 1/4 of a mile before being gassed out. Not to sound cliche but it takes will to do something, that's all you need. You think you can't but trust me you can, you just have to do a little at a time. Try to get a baseline of what you did for the first run at a certain distance (let's say a mile) and just try to get faster and faster each week and then get the number the last day of the month and compare it with the first one. You should see a difference. Then do it again the next month and the next and you should get better.

BTW J$ I hope you'll get what you're looking for. I'll check this thread from time to time and cheer you up.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 AM   #7
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

I have no gym subscription. It's cold outside. Broke. BUT THAT SHALL NOT prevent us from chasing the ability to L.E.A.P.

Going to do calisthenics, hill sprints, and plyometrics to try to become a grea tathlete. At about a 30.5" standing and 34"-ish running. Can get quarter of a forearm above rim, maybe more.

Going to discuss 3 on 3 strategies. My handles and J are alllriiightt nothing special but my rebounding, D and court vision are solid. Teammate of mine can knock down 18 footers automatic and the other fellow is a solid PG. But we're at a disadvantage still since other guys are 6'4"+, and I'm the tallest at 5'11"

Okay so we'll start things off with a basic pick and roll and weave formation. THe first designed to get the pick setter a free the layup, the second for an open jumpshot.

metal pipe to the ankle. works everytime.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
trust me you can do it, you just have to try. Right now I can run 5k but before I couldn't even run 1/4 of a mile before being gassed out. Not to sound cliche but it takes will to do something, that's all you need. You think you can't but trust me you can, you just have to do a little at a time. Try to get a baseline of what you did for the first run at a certain distance (let's say a mile) and just try to get faster and faster each week and then get the number the last day of the month and compare it with the first one. You should see a difference. Then do it again the next month and the next and you should get better.

BTW J$ I hope you'll get what you're looking for. I'll check this thread from time to time and cheer you up.

Appreciate the kind words, Bandito

Yeah in that brief stretch of time after the 2nd mile or so where your lungs and legs are ACHING and every subconscious thought is trying to make up any excuse.. ANYTHING to get you to stop.. ie.e. "I worked hard yesterday let me just stop and catch my breath" or "What's the point of this?" or "Ughh I'll never be Dave Goggins," that one conscious push to say "F*CK U I'M ENDING DIS" and go even harder is a defining moment of street hunger. Volumes can be written about that! Like they say, the night is darkest before the dawn.

That's what separates the boys from the men and running a 5K without stopping has outstanding carryover effect to many of life's troubles. It'll be a great day when you see your future son or daughter push themselves past pain!

BTW, how's the search for that Mosaic book holding up?

If the endgoal is to be proficient in a certain language man if you can take a few minutes to try the following resources:
LingQ
google "Pimsleur" PDF

And if you want to generate and develop ideas for writing, PM ME.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Running in a 5k in April and I haven't really kept in shape ever since I stopped playing bball competitively. Just started training and damn my cardio is bad lol. My goal is to do the 5k in 24 mins. Running is no fun but nothing beats the feeling of overcoming the instinct to quit in the middle of a run.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #10
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Running in a 5k in April and I haven't really kept in shape ever since I stopped playing bball competitively. Just started training and damn my cardio is bad lol. My goal is to do the 5k in 24 mins. Running is no fun but nothing beats the feeling of overcoming the instinct to quit in the middle of a run.

JB while running try to visualize entire music videos or movie scenes in your head.

(No Homo) but I re-loop that scene in Space Jam where Pump up the Jam plays and they all get prepped for the big game in the locker room and Tweety puts the marker on his eyes Gives me strength for the battle!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
JB while running try to visualize entire music videos or movie scenes in your head.

(No Homo) but I re-loop that scene in Space Jam where Pump up the Jam plays and they all get prepped for the big game in the locker room and Tweety puts the marker on his eyes Gives me strength for the battle!

I actually visualize like E:60 specials or youtube videos in my head when I'm starting to hit a wall lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcAKXy4QYm4

^That has helped me push through a lot of runs.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #12
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Getting yourself to run a 5k might seem small but its pretty damn rewarding. I'm a pretty overweight guy (6' 230lbs), but I started training for a 5K and did my first one last October. Then I moved that up a 10K in November and planned on doing a half-marathon in May, but I just got a job that might interfere with that. I'm still a big guy despite all this though because I haven't been able to rein in my eating habits
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM   #13
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I did a Tough Mudder... finished top 5% (Toronto), qualified for "World's Toughest Mudder" (didn't do it due to time constraints).

All I did were circuits, and tried to simulate running the race. Remember, you're never going to be running any more than 1-2 K at a time in Tough Mudder (often less than 1 K), with some time stopped for the obstacles (and doing the obstacles) thrown in.

So here's what I did, no gym or weights required:

Find a track at a local school (or somewhere with a bar you can do chin-ups on). Run 900m non-stop, stop, do 20 push-ups, 20 sit-ups.... Run another 900m, do 20 squat jumps, chin-ups to failure. This is one "Set".

I started out with this doing two "sets" for a week, increasing the number of "sets" every week and a half or so. I'd do this workout 3-4 times a week (depending on time). I stopped doing it about a week and a half before TM, and only did 1 5K run about 3 days prior.

I didn't do many hills, but I wish I had. If so, I would have done even better. If you can, find a big hill, that's a long, slow climb and run up it, do your push ups/sit-ups; run down the hill do the squat jumps (and chins if possible). Repeat as necessary. I'd sub that in every other week for one of your runs. Doing it every week might be too much.

If you're not in good shape already ease yourself in, and give yourself enough time. By the time TM came around I was doing about 18K total per workout. I HATE running long distances, and this breaks it up nicely.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by RaininThrees : 02-25-2013 at 03:10 PM.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:34 AM   #14
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Appreciate the kind words, Bandito

Yeah in that brief stretch of time after the 2nd mile or so where your lungs and legs are ACHING and every subconscious thought is trying to make up any excuse.. ANYTHING to get you to stop.. ie.e. "I worked hard yesterday let me just stop and catch my breath" or "What's the point of this?" or "Ughh I'll never be Dave Goggins," that one conscious push to say "F*CK U I'M ENDING DIS" and go even harder is a defining moment of street hunger. Volumes can be written about that! Like they say, the night is darkest before the dawn.

That's what separates the boys from the men and running a 5K without stopping has outstanding carryover effect to many of life's troubles. It'll be a great day when you see your future son or daughter push themselves past pain!

BTW, how's the search for that Mosaic book holding up?

If the endgoal is to be proficient in a certain language man if you can take a few minutes to try the following resources:
LingQ
google "Pimsleur" PDF

And if you want to generate and develop ideas for writing, PM ME.
I ended up buying at 48$ (new) because most amazon sellers don't want to send to Puerto Rico. I'm not trying to be proficient I am trying to pass my English class in college.

Hey Raininthrees, I might do that because I started working out, and I am getting a little gut because of all the protein shakes I am taking. I also hate running lung distances so maybe doing circuits of running and walking might help.

I am trying to join the volleyball team this term so wish me luck. (I suck at sports but I am athletic enough to run a lot and jump high)
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #15
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

tough mudder is easy. the only obstacle i saw most people failing were the monkey bars. don't try to swing it with your momentum. the bars spin and you will fall off. instead, have a firm grip on one and then just reach out and grab the next one WITHOUT swinging. this keeps the bar from spinning and you can move on to the next one. take your time here.

the electric shock obstacles were annoying, but not really that big a deal. it's mostly mental when you get to those.

work on your distance running. most of the people have never attempted to run 12 miles before, so they get pretty sore and cramp up towards the end. there are alot of bottlenecks for each obstacle so you can catch your breath if needed be. you really just need to worry about the cramping more then the cardio
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: