Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Man down (Stat)! Man down! Code 10, 10-53

So now that Stat is out, do your playoff hopes change, seeding prediction change, possible playoff outcomes change, match up thoughts change?

Is the Stat injury a blessing in disguise or negatively impacts the team?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Man down (Stat)! Man down! Code 10, 10-53

Regardless of whether anyone like's STAT or not, he was a HUGE piece of the puzzle. Not only financially, but he's literally the only other big time player we had besides Melo. Now, we're going to have to hope JR is good JR for an entire playoffs and not bad JR. This KILLS us not only this year but going forward because, if STAT wasn't hard enough to trade before, he's virtually impossible to move now. The only thing we can hope for now is to move him for another guy who a team wants out. I hate to say this, because el gringos may jizz his pants, but maybe we can move him for Bargnani. The fans, the organization...pretty much everyone in Toronto hates him. They took on Rudy Gay's max deal. Maybe they'll take on STAT's. It's a loooooooong shot but I'm really grasping at straws here.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
Clutch
NBA Legend

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nothing changes. I expected him to get injured in the playoffs like he has done every year with the Knicks.

I don't know what to expect from this team. They can reach the ECF but they can as well get knocked out in the 1st round.

If we don't get out of the 1st round it's time for some changes.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Regardless of whether anyone like's STAT or not, he was a HUGE piece of the puzzle. Not only financially, but he's literally the only other big time player we had besides Melo. Now, we're going to have to hope JR is good JR for an entire playoffs and not bad JR. This KILLS us not only this year but going forward because, if STAT wasn't hard enough to trade before, he's virtually impossible to move now. The only thing we can hope for now is to move him for another guy who a team wants out. I hate to say this, because el gringos may jizz his pants, but maybe we can move him for Bargnani. The fans, the organization...pretty much everyone in Toronto hates him. They took on Rudy Gay's max deal. Maybe they'll take on STAT's. It's a loooooooong shot but I'm really grasping at straws here.

I'd rather hold onto STAT and hope for a medical miracle than take Bargs.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
I'd rather hold onto STAT and hope for a medical miracle than take Bargs.
Understandable. I think we can both agree that neither situation is very promising though right?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Franchize stop it Gringos is an idiot that needs to be banished to the underworld of the main forum. Nothing he says holds any merit or credibility. There are very few insightful and original (original thought) posters here anyways but this guy brings the IQ down dramatically.

If Houston, Dallas, or Cleveland strikes out in the market for a named player those are possible destinations.
Also, if the Kings move or the Bobcats get desperate I can see those teams possibly getting involved.
The Knicks may have to put up with him for another season.

Last edited by Rameek : 03-11-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Franchize stop it Gringos is an idiot that needs to be banished to the underworld of the main forum. Nothing he says holds any merit or credibility. There are very few insightful and original (original thought) posters here anyways but this guy brings the IQ down dramatically.

If Houston, Dallas, or Cleveland strikes out in the market for a named player those are possible destinations.
Also, if the Kings move or the Bobcats get desperate I can see those teams possibly getting involved.
I could see the bobcats taking him. They have the space and they've kept Diop and Tyrus Thomas' contracts for some odd reason. Plus, I think they still have their Amnesty. It would probably mean us taking on that Tyrus Thomas contract though.

No comment on the elGringos stuff lol
Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I could see the bobcats taking him. They have the space and they've kept Diop and Tyrus Thomas' contracts for some odd reason. Plus, I think they still have their Amnesty. It would probably mean us taking on that Tyrus Thomas contract though.

No comment on the elGringos stuff lol
I was listing a couple of teams that will have the salary cap room to take him in the next year or two. I forgot about the Amnesty in play but thats a lot of money though.

These are the teams with Amnesty not used yet.

Atlanta Hawks
Boston Celtics
Charlotte Bobcats
Chicago Bulls
Cleveland Cavaliers
Detroit Pistons
L.A. Lakers
Memphis Grizzlies
Miami Heat
Milwaukee Bucks
New Orleans Hornets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Sacramento Kings
San Antonio Spurs
Utah Jazz
Old 03-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #9
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Maybe I'm reading too much into you guys convo, but a team trading for Amare cannotuse the amnesty on him.

Its a "one time, currently on your roster prior to CBA signing" thing.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Maybe I'm reading too much into you guys convo, but a team trading for Amare cannotuse the amnesty on him.

Its a "one time, currently on your roster prior to CBA signing" thing.
Good catch i think also it last 5 years?

I dont anticipate the KNicks being able to move him but I hope they explore those limited options.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 AM   #11
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The five year part just covered any contract at that time. Any new deal doesn't qualify.

Besides, no one is amnestying 40+ million, they still have to pay that.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #12
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

It baffles me that Tyrus Thomas hasn't been amnestied. The clause should be named after him lol. The Bobcats have 3 terrible contracts on the books. I think Diop might be expiring but Gordon has a $12 million player option which he'd be a fool not to pick up. Then they have that atrocious Tyrus Thomas contract. I wouldn't mind taking on that to get rid of Amare's contract.

Once again, it's a long shot, but we're desperate.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

So Franchize you would want to take on Ben 3 12mill/Tyrus 3 8mill for Stat? If the Bobcats were stupid enough to do Ben/Diop I would do it right away. I think a call has to be made to Jordan though because the front office is pretty stupid. Maybe we can pull off a Kwame for Pau type trade.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
So Franchize you would want to take on Ben 3 12mill/Tyrus 3 8mill for Stat? If the Bobcats were stupid enough to do Ben/Diop I would do it right away. I think a call has to be made to Jordan though because the front office is pretty stupid. Maybe we can pull off a Kwame for Pau type trade.

Ben only has 1 more year left. That's if he picks up his player option (He'd be a fool not to. It's 12 million dollars. He'd never get that again.). I think Diop expires this offseason so he may be out of the discussion. I'd do that deal though. Thomas sucks but Gordon is yet another spark off the bench. We don't know what's going to happen with JR this offseason but even if he comes back, we need more scoring. I have no faith in Amare ever being able to play a full season again. I have faith we could find some help for Tyson up front for the low. We could have last summer. We just decided we'd become AARP all of a sudden.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:

There just isn't enough professional athlete like yourself to be up to your standards. Since it isn't your own personal club and you are too dumb to see that amare should have been traded I don't think anybody can help you.

There has never been an "original" thought from you though so- from a big time althlete like yourselfs point of view what do the Knicks do now?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: