Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Best players who wont be remembered.

Plenty of great players dont get remembered for long. Some guys just dont do the things that get attention. Arent in many NBA released videos and specials. dont have the accomplishments that make them stand out.

Walt Bellamy(seen below guarding Wilt) for one was a 32/19 player

If he walked into your house right now you wouldnt know who it is I bet. Know hes tall(about 6'11''). But thats it.

Paul Westphal:

A 6-7 time all star 4 time all NbA first teamer and led his team to the finals where they played in the "Greatest game ever played". Im sure you know what I mean. But most here I figure only know of him as the **** talking coach of Barkleys suns who promised they would beat the Lakers in 93.

Billiy Cunningham was in some opinions the best 6th man ever. won a title with Wilt in 67. Led many of his own teams. 3 time all NBA first teamer. Put up crazy numbers. 26/14/6 or something like that. Outside "Best small forwards ever?" topics where 1 or two people mention him down in the 10-15 range hes not even mentioned.

Who do you think is most likely to be mostly unknown in the ISH of the future? Of the good players I mean? In 2037 ill be suprised if say....Paul Pierce is known of at all. One might say "Paul Pierce is a 25+ ppg player who led a team to 49 wins and the ECF". Well this guy led a team to 57 wins was a 26/7 player and went to the conference finals twice:

And you dont even know who that is.

Paul Pierce, Rashard Lewis, Elton Brand, Peja, and Baron Davis I cant see NBA fans of the future knowing much about unless they do something major and do it fast. They might be multi time all stars. But they can end up like these other multi time all stars:

If more than 3 people can name all 3 without checking id be shocked. And one of them was a multi time all star in the 80s. Dont have to be a player in the 60s to be forgotten.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #2
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board
Default Re: Best players who wont be remembered.

almighty god shamgod.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 PM   #3
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I need to get to work memorizing all-time greats.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Bernard King?
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:46 PM   #5
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Mitch Richmond, this guy was one of the greatest shooters ever...anyone even know who he was?
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #6
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

when you don't win titles or have charisma that's what happens.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #7
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i don't have a pic but how about,
alex english 21 and 5 over his career
stared in a movie called "amazing grace and chuck"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:53 PM   #8
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Well, it would help if I were alive when these guys played. It's not like I was an NBA fan while they were playing and just didn't pay attention. In 40 years I'm not going to fault some 10 year old kid because he doesn't know who Richard Hamilton is.

Not trying to diss the thread or anything. Just saying that's my perspective on it. Some people's legacy just don't transcend generations.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

I didn't know Samuel L. Jackson was in the NBA. Damn that guy gets around...
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:56 PM   #10
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Adrian Dantley averaged like 30 on 55% shooting over about 7 years and then was the leading scorer on a few 50 win teams. Scored more in his career than Bird, Drexler, Gervin(NBA only), Baylor, Drob, or Isiah Thomas.

And he could probably sit unnoticed in a group of average NBA fans.

Quote:
Not trying to diss the thread or anything. Just saying that's my perspective on it. Some people's legacy just don't transcend generations.

Thats the whole point. A lot of people we spend so much time talking about and rate so highly nobody will give a damn about in a few years. The list of guys who are a lock to be remembered is not long.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 PM   #11
Student
Serious playground baller

Student has an OK reputation so far

Luc Longley the reason Bulls won all those titles & Greg Ostertag (how many posters is he on !!!)
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #12
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Sidney Moncrief

Alvin Robertson
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 11:08 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

interesting side note about Adrian Dantley, one leg was slightly longer than the other he had special shoes one with a built in insert that he wore in his shoe to make up for the difference. when he was with the pistons during the 1988 NBA finals against the lakers, he left his bag of shoes on the hotel elevator and they were stolen... they had to fly in special delivery from detroit with some shoes to replace the ones he lost... he was a great defender with a sweet jumper
Old 02-07-2007, 11:11 PM   #14
gts
Sons of Antartica

Nike AIR Laimbeer basketball shoes

Last edited by gts : 02-07-2007 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:12 PM   #15
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

I started an 80s video a month or so ago and Moncrief has like a 2 minute segment in it but when I got done I didnt like it. Sidney did a lot of small things that annoyed me. Great player. great great defender. But he used 2 hands to do everything. Even layups at times. Bothered me....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: