Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
TAZORAC
High School JV MVP

TAZORAC has not been impressing people
Default Am I the only person who would favor the Lakers over the Spurs in 1/8 match up?

If the playoffs started today the Lakers would have to play the Spurs in a 1/8 match up. The Lakers match up much better against the Spurs then they do the Thunder. I actually favor the Lakers over the Spurs in the playoffs. Who else feels the Lakers can beat the Spurs?
TAZORAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!

SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Am I the only person who would favor the Lakers over the Spurs in 1/8 match up?

I would definitely favor the Lakers.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Am I the only person who would favor the Lakers over the Spurs in 1/8 match up?

I wouldn't favour the Lakers due to their inconsistency, but they match up well with the Spurs.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Nah, I don't see it.

Spurs run circles around that old team, and wear their legs out by game 3.

The Lakers defense is atrocious.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #5
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayimnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I rather play OKC and hope Durant or Westbrook choke than to play the Spurs
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Anyone have the Lakers 3pt. defense stats?

Where do they rank in that department?

Their perimeter defense is laughable at best, and Dwight's not exactly Orlando Dwight, just yet.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
Flash31
Local High School Star

Flash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected posterFlash31 is a pretty well-respected poster

No you and other Laker Fans as well as Laker Hype Job nUM 1 BIASED ESPN

but everybody else spurs win,theyve won 50 so far,have num1 seed in west,Duncans play has improved from last year,tiago is producing more,kawhi stepped up,and an improved tp along with a better bench and healthy roster come playoff time spurs would win,

Lakers dont have a single advantage over the spurs,not one along with spurs having great 3 pt shooting and that being a weakness for la along with a quick pg a hevy weakness and most obvious along with a great frontcourt,perimeter defenders,speed its over
Flash31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

I think it would be a very fun series to watch, especially if both teams are healthy. Tony Parker is going destroy us.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

either 4 - 0 or 4 - 1 for the spurs

spurs would win every game at home, and split the games in LA .

Against playoffs teams lakers are 2 - 16 ( counted utah as well) on the road.
2 wins vs brooklyn and golden state ( who were up by double digits and blew it in 4th quarter, 4th game in 5 nights).
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stand a far better chances vs Spurs than OKC...
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #11
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

They would rather face the Spurs than OKC... This is one of those where you look at matchups and think, hmm..

Then Pop simply out-coaches whatever talent is on the other side to a 4-1 series win.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #12
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

Who would you rather score 40 on you every night Tony Parker or Russell Westbrook?
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #13
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here

Spurs in 5, absolute best case scenario for the Lakers would be losing in 6.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #14
scm5
Decent college freshman

scm5 has an OK reputation so far

Tony Parker would destroy us.
scm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #15
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Who would you rather score 40 on you every night Tony Parker or Russell Westbrook?
At least Parker uses vaseline.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: