Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #16
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sad to say, I must be on my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
meh, oh well
sorry... unnecessary on my part. i need to STFU and go to bed.
plus my quarter-bottle of canadian club ran out, and that's always
a bad mood waiting to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GViXO8bZDz8
Funky Celli

A Celli is a type of Irish dance.
that is such a great flippin' tune... do you happen to know if they did
anything else of similar awesomeness?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #17
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
that is such a great flippin' tune... do you happen to know if they did
anything else of similar awesomeness?

They had a handful of good ones. They are actually playing tomorrow in NYC. The one I posted might be my favorite of theirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wukfdjJv340
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_U-hEOMCk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt_U-hEOMCk

if I remember correctly, this song was based on a real incident with girl from my old neighborhood.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgUZyKXjpE

While most of these were recorded their drummer was a working NYC cop.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:23 AM   #18
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OK. I'm off to the bar.
Quote:
I was blue mouldy for the want of that pint. Declare to God I could hear it hit the pit of my stomach with a click.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #19
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

OK. One more. this is for L. Kizzle.

Which Irish musician has The Roots all excited for his next album?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:31 AM   #20
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
OK. I'm off to the bar.

Well that turned out to one the best decisions I made lately. Only mistake was heading to the second bar too late. Woman in the second bar had some epic, epic cleavage.

First bar was fun though. Where were these black chicks who like to dance to The Pixies when I was in college? Also I ordered a Harp and asked the bartender if he had any Pogues behind the bar. And he gave me a shot of this on the house

ohmigod, that might be the best whiskey I've ever tasted.

Also I stepped out of the bar to cool off and this girl who was drunk or high was leaning out of a car yelling crazy shit.

Her: Do you know I do to a Brazilian
Me: Excuse me?
Her: A Brazilian. I want a Brazilian. Have you ever done that.
Me: That's a first time for every thing.

I thought it was funny. I think the guy driving did too.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-16-2013 at 02:33 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #21
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
sorry... unnecessary on my part. i need to STFU and go to bed.
plus my quarter-bottle of canadian club ran out, and that's always
a bad mood waiting to happen.
lol no worries. that's what I get for skimming.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:31 AM   #22
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: There was Slugger O'Toole who was drunk as a rule

saw them live christmas 2011 in brixton. shane's still a boss

This is an amazing book.
Nick Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Her: Do you know I do to a Brazilian
Me: Excuse me?
Her: A Brazilian. I want a Brazilian. Have you ever done that.
Me: That's a first time for every thing.
noice!

i only recently got in to whiskey when the super stopped carrying fine french vodka. for some reason i still thought whiskey was made from distilled beer (nasty!), but it sounds more like that's the olden-practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
saw them live christmas 2011 in brixton. shane's still a boss
even with only one tooth in his head!

he sure is lasting longer than behan, too. guess it's the genes...
Old 03-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #24
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Went to see a friend play some Irish music this weekend. Did a pretty good Irish Rover and an impromptu Fairy Tale of New York which just fair cuz the didn't rehearse it. I yelled it out for their encore.

But to answer the question above of the Irish musician whose next album is with The Roots

The answer is Declan Patrick McManus.
Quote:
Questlove says he's more than pleased with the nearly finished album, the title of which McManus wants to keep under wraps for now. "In the whole history of the Roots, I have never bragged on an album first, but I actually love this record," Questlove said.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #25
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

my friend said last time he saw Shane McGowan play, he had pint glass filled with Jameson's and finished three of them.
Old 03-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #26
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
my friend said last time he saw Shane McGowan play, he had pint glass filled with Jameson's and finished three of them.
guess it was a non-drinking night for him.
better luck next time, kevin's mate!

i used to love elvis... can't believe i haven't kept up with his recent works in so, so long. of course it can get tiresome, though, as he tends to do one album per year... often filled with wild course changes.

this was my favorite song from my favorite album of his:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg0jziNJAKg

get happy, motherf-ckers!! =)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: