Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-15-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default There was Slugger O'Toole who was drunk as a rule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxFIQSZpqcY

KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Boys of the NYPD choir were singing Golway Bay and The Bells were Ringing out For

for Christmas Day
You're a bum
You're a punk
You're an old slut on junk
Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
You scumbag, you maggot
You cheap lousy ******
Happy Christmas your arse
I pray God it's our last

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwHyuraau4Q

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-15-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Default Guess who just got back today?

Them wild-eyed boys who had been away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quyB8PMTD3o

Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Default I wish I was a fisherman, tumbling on the seas

Far away from dry land and its bitter memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKouBHarIo

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-16-2013 at 03:12 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #5
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Default This is the last day of our acquaintance

I will meet you later in somebody's office
I'll talk but you won't listen to me
I know your answer already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiEcut07GrM

Old 03-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: There was Slugger O'Toole who was drunk as a rule

god... i'm one small bad decision away from attempting shane's version of auld triangle (based on the brendan behan prison play) right now and uploading to youtube. always room for one more gobshite on the raft, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e2Ks3n8zSA

don't get me started on irish folk... shit, shit, shit.

anyway, POGUE MAHONE, Y'ALL!
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #7
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Default There you think of the Green Fields of Ireland

and you feel 40 shades of Blue.

Local NYC band I used get drunk to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjkaNDgBBtU

And you wonder how it came to this
Was it always in the cards
Cuz workin' is for idiots
And you love the smell of bars

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-16-2013 at 03:14 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

so we're posting random music?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #9
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Default Sad to say, I must be on my way

So buy me beer and whiskey because I'm going far way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
god... i'm one small bad decision away from attempting shane's version of auld triangle (based on the brendan behan prison play)

I got an Brendan Behan book that is unread lying around here somewhere.

Yes, this whole thread could be Pogues songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh5gtGk9XZ8

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-16-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 PM   #10
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Pull up a chair and have a whiskey. I'm buying.

It's not random music, there's a theme. Like if you wanted to go to New Orleans, but stay on topic, you could have chosen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcdxv_a6Dro

It's a seasonal theme.

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-15-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:33 PM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
inspired lebowski, i have something CRAZY for you that will change your life:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueZ6tvqhk8U
meh, oh well
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:35 PM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sad to say, I must be on my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNYC
So buy me beer and whiskey because I'm gong far way.
let me go, boys, let me go, boys... let me go down something-something where the rivers all run... red? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

(i'm dreadful remembering lyrics)

i remember them doing a neat tune called "funky kahle" or something (featuring NYC) in the mid-90's. GREAT era for alt-rock and indy pop IMO.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #13
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Default What's a fella to do Cuz her was black and her eyes were blue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFlfSeh-Ts8

Boys, I travelled around
I've been all over this world
and I never seen nothing
like a Galway Girl.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

Quote:
let me go, boys, let me go, boys... let me go down something-something where the rivers all run... red? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

(i'm dreadful remembering lyrics)
Well, if I should fall from grace with God
Where no doctor can relieve me
If I'm buried 'neath the sand
Where the Angels won't receive me

Let me go, boys
Let me go, boys
Let me go down in the mud
Where the rivers all run dry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT-7Zqd8hTA
Quote:
i remember them doing a neat tune called "funky kahle" or something (featuring NYC) in the mid-90's. GREAT era for alt-rock and indy pop IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GViXO8bZDz8
Funky Celli

A Celli is a type of Irish dance.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #15
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPqtwdoRjBs

To Explain the theme, here's a band from Belfast. The song is RnB, but the band is Irish.

We also have Thin Lizzy from Dublin, the main guy from the Waterboys is from Scotland (close enough) and the best album was after they moved to Dublin.

The Others are pretty self explanatory
The Pogues are London Irish (which means they are happy to live up Irish stereotypes, I was told.) The Dropkick Muphys are just Pogues fanatics from Boston.

Sinead. What more needs to be said?

Last edited by KevinNYC : 03-16-2013 at 12:31 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: