Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default What do you post on facebook/twitter?

What types of stuff do you post on social media sites?

I used to post random cool phrases that came up in my mind. I put up wise quotes that I read and wise phrases that I come up with.. Is it weird to put up stuff on facebook that is not "Hey, I got smashed last night" or "I got high on marijuana yesterday" or vacation pictures? I find pot-heads and people that get drunk to the point of passing out as a turn off. I see lots of people from HS days posting those types of nonsense. As a social introvert, I don't understand how that is even interesting or knowledgeable. Makes some of them look like fools..

For example, I posted few months back something like "Memories keep the past alive. Dreams and educating yourself keeps the present alive. Inspiration and innovation is what drives humanity forward." I didn't receive any responses. Then I posted some hate stuff of athletes getting overpaid, and I received quite a few responses and "Likes". I am thinking of pulling back on posts now - seems like people don't want to read anything wise or wise quotes or w/e.

They don't want to read about inspiration, education, greatness of life, working hard, dreaming, innovation, science, etc. People only care about vacations, partying, getting high, buying expensive clothes/etc, making money, etc. Am I hanging out with the wrong people or is it just how people are nowadays? Maybe I'm too socially introverted to understand people at all....

Last edited by bladefd : 03-16-2013 at 04:16 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #2
Stuckey
ifirtworld

Stuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputationStuckey has a terrific reputation
Default Re: What do you post on facebook/twitter?

I post inspirational quotes and get a few likes here and there

sometimes I post shitty rap lyrics that are catchy

but I could care less

I just like to troll my dumber "friends"
Stuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

"Smart" thoughts are not that interesting too, my friend. Sometimes people are not in the mood reading them.

That especially depends on what person you are also. I always laugh when some stupid hoe posts a great intellectual quote with her comments under.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

I used to post inane thoughts... lusting after celebs, random lovelorn rants, etc.

SMH, now I just post youtube videos of songs, movie scenes, and sports highlights basically. Sometimes I throw up a comedic picture or inspirational "Keep Calm And ____" joints.

I might start sharing lewd photos from "big booty b*tches* type communities.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't really post anything on Facebook. I'm usually on Twitter when I'm watching the NBA.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Random shit.

The other day I put: Where do homeless people get permanent markers from?
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #7
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation

Whatever's on my mind. Sometimes even the most random shit ever, Idc.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
JerrySteakhouse
WE FIGHT! WE FIGHT!

JerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJerrySteakhouse is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Attention whores...
JerrySteakhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #9
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Troll posts or humorous quips.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:26 AM   #10
Kaspah
We hoopin?

Kaspah has an incredible reputation hereKaspah has an incredible reputation hereKaspah has an incredible reputation hereKaspah has an incredible reputation hereKaspah has an incredible reputation hereKaspah has an incredible reputation hereKaspah has an incredible reputation here

I don't use Facebook.

Twitter is cool but I just sort of forgot about it. It's good for following what's going on in the world.

I believe there's too much social media online nowadays. I can't connect with people through the Internet like I did when I was a kid on MySpace and aol's instant messenger, aim.

Sorry your thread was a way to vent my discontent with the all too much in your face social media.
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Maybe I'm too socially introverted to understand people at all....

How many facebook friends do you have?

I figured you were somewhat socially introverted by being offended over getting no likes and comments.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

my travels mostly. and since im asian, have to post a food shot once in a while or i will be committing a sin against humanity
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
PullupJay
This Digital Ghost

PullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPullupJay is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I post a lot of random or vague and ambigious statuses and I let people interpet it however they want. Here are my latest statuses,For example:

Grass.

How satisfied are you?

What's the name of the 4th toe?

Dial harder!!!

It puts the lotion on the basket...

Oh behave.

Post up.

I love how he touches my nipples...
PullupJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #14
Jakeh008
Banned

Jakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this boardJakeh008 is popular on this board

I pretty much just use my page to save anything I like and would enjoy looking back at in the future.

I figure if I liked it then maybe other people will to so if they check it out good. But its mainly for me.... I usually steal/save a lot for Ish...
My page pretty much looks like this...

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...84712500_n.jpg
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...12175749_n.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpJ-T2RXcgA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPmfbhVGbIQ
Jakeh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #15
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

I post a pic of my pregnant belly every week.

And then I complain on father's day about how my baby's daddy aint around.

And then I ask everyone on facebook what to do about my child still pissing his bed at 7 years old.

For real though, I usually make posts about where I'm at and my travels and important news about my life (like moving to Australia type important...not I just had coffee important). I've posted where I'm at before and a buddy texted me telling me he was around there too. And we ended up hanging out. Facebook is a great tool for that. Not necessarily attention whoring

Last edited by Balla_Status : 03-17-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: