Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board
Default 2013-14 New Orleans Hornets

Lettuce look at the future. Hornets(Pelicans) get a top 5 pick in this year's draft. Most likely they will get a replacement for Aminu who's contract ends at the end of this season.

Lopez / Davis / DRAFT PICK / Gordon / Vazquez

This isn't a bad starting 5 and mix that with Ryan Anderson, Jason Smith, and Rivers coming off the bench barring Rivers has a better sophmore year. This isn't a bad team. I say at least 45 wins next year and voted most improved team?

your thoughts.

edit: Sorry yes. PELICANS, not hornets. :p

Last edited by leopoldstotch : 03-17-2013 at 12:31 AM.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: 2013-14 New Orleans Hornets

Lol no
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Decent team, but they never stay healthy so I have my doubts.
UtahJazzFan88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

2013-14 New Orleans Pelicans
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
Clyde
Local High School Star

Clyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat coolClyde is considered somewhat cool

Bold prediction.....or maybe just silly
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #6
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

45 win team? Most likely not. Maybe around 35?
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 AM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Gordon for Deng.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

Maybe I am aiming a bit high in a competitive conference (Western). Easy 45 for them if they're in the Eastern conference. But I have a good feeling about them next year if they have a solid 1st round pick to evolve around their current roster. Surely they would be better than the Mavs, Blazers, and TWolves right?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #9
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Gordon for Deng.

Would be good only if we knew if Rivers is going to be good next season. he stinks now.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:58 AM   #10
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
Would be good only if we knew if Rivers is going to be good next season. he stinks now.

I think Austin would be better suited playing somewhere else...I actually think he'd be good on his Father's team. Rivers for Lee, why not?

But I think Gordon for Deng improves your team, regardless of what happens with Rivers.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #11
FindingTim
National High School Star

FindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat coolFindingTim is considered somewhat cool

the name/uniform change is good for at least a 5-7 win boost.
PER doesn't measure excitement, optimism, and beaks.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #12
bigt
High school junior varsity star

bigt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldstotch
Maybe I am aiming a bit high in a competitive conference (Western). Easy 45 for them if they're in the Eastern conference. But I have a good feeling about them next year if they have a solid 1st round pick to evolve around their current roster. Surely they would be better than the Mavs, Blazers, and TWolves right?

No, not the Timberwolves. Can't comment on Dallas (because who knows what that team will look like next season) or Portland, but a fully healthy Wolves team will be better than the Pelicans in my eyes. Rubio/Love/Pek main three with an improving Alexey, along with Budinger, JJ, Williams and Co. in my books are a better outfit than the Pelicans, since they should also get a pretty decent draft pick.
bigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #13
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool

They're a 35 win team next year, maybe 40, facf of the matter is, their key players can't stay healthy
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:02 PM   #14
supe12sta12z
I hit open layups

supe12sta12z has an OK reputation so far

If the Hornets want to get serious, they need to get rid of their back court. Gordon is too injury prone for his contract and Vasquez is too slow to defend causing his teammates to over help allowing teams to punish them on the backside regularly. They also have no bench outside of Anderson. That team needs a lot of pieces to compete for the 8th as is.

Utah, Minnesota, and Portland are in better shape.

To play as hard as they do and still a bottom feeding team isn't very promising at all. At the end of the day, the hornets need talent and players who can stay healthy.

Aminu, Henry, Roberts, Thomas, Mason Jr, Miller, and Amundson make up the bulk of their bench and are all trash.
supe12sta12z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #15
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by supe12sta12z
If the Hornets want to get serious, they need to get rid of their back court. Gordon is too injury prone for his contract and Vasquez is too slow to defend causing his teammates to over help allowing teams to punish them on the backside regularly. They also have no bench outside of Anderson. That team needs a lot of pieces to compete for the 8th as is.

Utah, Minnesota, and Portland are in better shape.

To play as hard as they do and still a bottom feeding team isn't very promising at all. At the end of the day, the hornets need talent and players who can stay healthy.

Aminu, Henry, Roberts, Thomas, Mason Jr, Miller, and Amundson make up the bulk of their bench and are all trash.

Vazquez playing alongside a small 2guard would take care of all that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: