Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default my top-5 players at each position

QB:

1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Brees
5. Roethlisberger

(too early to put any rookies on this list, the #5 is the only spot that is up for question, if your top 4 aren't those top 4 it's wrong)

RB:

1. Peterson
2. Lynch
3. Charles
4. Foster
5. Spiller

(after Peterson this list is difficult, I had to leave off MJD and Rice. I have a feeling that Spiller will emerge strong next year)

WR:

1. C. Johnson
2. Marshall
3. Green
4. A. Johnson
5. Fitzgerald

(I almost left off Fitz for Vincent...couldn't do it though, Fitz has earned enough respect to look past an off year with horrid QBing)

TE:

1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Jason Witten
3. Jimmy Graham
4. Tony Gonzalez
5. Heath Miller

(couldn't get Jermaine Gresham in there, look for him next year to make a big name for himself)

T:

1. Ryan Clady
2. Russell Okung
3. Joe Thomas
4. Trent Williams
5. Tyron Smith

(this was difficult, a lot of this is based on sacks allowed this past year along with reputation from previous years, should be noted that Clady only gave up one sack this past year, and he played all 16 games, he is the best in biz IMO)

DT:

1. Geno Atkins
2. Gerald McCoy
3. Haloti Ngata
4. Ndamukong Suh
5. Justin Smith

(Ngata and Smith were more DT this year than DE)

DE:

1. JJ Watt
2. Jared Allen
3. Cameron Wake
4. Chris Long
5. Charles Johnson

(Peppers and Chris Clemons just missed the cut)

OLB:

1. Von Miller
2. DeMarcus Ware
3. Clay Matthews
4. Terrell Suggs
5. Aldon Smith

(Holy shit, I knew Spencer stepped up a ton but I didn't realize just how much, he is a top-5 OLB now)

MLB:

1. Patrick Willis
2. NaVorro Bowman
3. James Laurinaitis
4. Jarod Mayo
5. Daryl Washington

(SF has the top-2 in the game)

S:

1. Dashon Goldson
2. Earl Thomas
3. Ed Reed
4. Thomas DeCoud
5. Donte Whitner

(damn, this was the hardest of all the positions to rank, there just aren't many good safeties left in the league, I think of all the positions in the NFL, this one lacks the most talent right now)

CB:

1. Darrelle Revis
2. Patrick Peterson
3. Richard Sherman
4. Johnathan Joseph
5. Tim Jennings

(this was difficult as well, wanted to fit Cromartie in here because he had such a great year, the days of Nnamdi being "elite" or over though)

Last edited by -p.tiddy- : 02-22-2013 at 11:25 AM.
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #2
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default Re: my top-5 players at each position

I don't think you watched a lot of 49er games if you think Whitner is the third best safety in the entire league. He's really really not even close to being that type of player.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

All the lists are good, except I agree with Carbine, Whitner is not the 3rd best Safety in the NFL, he's not anywhere close to that, he's fairly average.

Also, I don't think Clady is the best OT in the NFL, but he's mighty good.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #4
ballinhun8
Bulls | Bears | W. Sox

ballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterballinhun8 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

No Tillman? The all-pro?
ballinhun8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I don't think you watched a lot of 49er games if you think Whitner is the third best safety in the entire league. He's really really not even close to being that type of player.

Spot on. He's very suspect against the pass and he's given up the most TD's through the air in the league I think(that or most for a Niner DB)
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Safety for me was the most difficult to rank...although I do feel like I watched a good amount of SF this year
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sad day when no Steelers pop up on the defensive players lists and I can't really even make an argument against it.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #8
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Arian Foster is not a top 5 running back and Johnathan Joseph is not a top 5 cornerback. Duane Brown is THE best left tackle in the game, how you leave him off entirely is beyond me.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 PM   #9
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
Arian Foster is not a top 5 running back and Johnathan Joseph is not a top 5 cornerback. Duane Brown is THE best left tackle in the game, how you leave him off entirely is beyond me.

Yes, I see Duane Brown twice a year and there's nobody quite like him at left tackle who is consistently dominant in pass protection and run blocking.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #10
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Brown gave up 7 sacks this year, more than anyone on that list, but I did contimplate him.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Id like to see other top 5 safety lists though if any of you care to make one...
Old 02-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #12
TheNaturalWR
Local High School Star

TheNaturalWR has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Brown gave up 7 sacks this year, more than anyone on that list, but I did contimplate him.

No way in hell he gave up 7 sacks. He gave up 3 AT MOST. He's also by far the best run blocker in the NFL, not even close. He straight up destroys defenders in the run game.
TheNaturalWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 PM   #13
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Its too bad Nick Collins got hurt. He would most likely be the best safety in the game today
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #14
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

didnt GOnzolaz say he was going to retire?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:33 AM   #15
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Is Elvis Dumervil really a top 5 DE? I don't even think Bronco fans would get behind that. He's terrible at defending the run and felt like he got alot of his sacks at end of games this year when the game was out of reach. Guess he still finished with 11 sacks and had 6 forced fumbles, thanks to Rivers.

Kind of a one trick pony, who probably benefited alot from playing with Miller in that regard.

I'd take somebody like Pierre Paul, Chris Long, Mario Williams over him and I cheer for Denver
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: