Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #16
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: are you taking any nutritional supplements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
Nevermind.

That sucks.

Say what you gotta say.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Wow @ Mark Wahlberg including Polyethylene Glycol as an ingredient in his supplement brand Marked's Whey Protein.

A stimulant laxative to go along with digestive enzymes? That stuff is horrible for your bowels.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #18
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Just some multis (switched from Centrum to this brand called Usana) and fish oil. Haven't used any whey in over a year.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #19
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just whey protein. I eat Builder protein bars if that counts
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Geranium is no more a drug than ephedrine, or even creatine. The onus is on the user to know if it's a banned substance for whatever they are being tested for.

My concern is false positives for methamphetamine. If you google it you'll find a bunch of people who say it's not even possible and an equal number of people saying that it's happened to them. I couldn't find any definitive answers.

A single failed drug test would be disastrous for me. Even if I could eventually explain it away it would be more trouble than it's worth for a preworkout boost.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #21
BlueCrayon
Get Buckets

BlueCrayon is considered somewhat coolBlueCrayon is considered somewhat cool

Gummy Vitamins, tastes like Welch's Fruit Snacks.
BlueCrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

basic multi-vitamins & water.

I mostly eat collard greens and kale for my nutrients.

Au naturale baby!
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #23
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Protein

Multi-Vitamin

Fish Oil
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

i gave up on whey protein since i hate the taste i couldnt take it anymore it almost made me throw up... now i just eat more eggs.. still dont think i get enough protein but oh well..
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #25
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i gave up on whey protein since i hate the taste i couldnt take it anymore it almost made me throw up... now i just eat more eggs.. still dont think i get enough protein but oh well..

Yeah you really gotta find the kind for you. There's so many flavors though when you get into some of the brands. The Wal Mart/Target brands have the basic chocolate vs. vanilla, but if you try like Optimum Nutrition you have insane amounts of choices

Optimum Nutrition (Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein)
Mocha Cappuccino
French Vanilla Creme
Caramel Toffee Fudge
Chocolate Mint
Extreme Milk Chocolate
Double Chocolate
Root Beer Float
Orange Creme
Cookies and Cream
Vanilla Ice Cream
Strawberry Bananacreme
Rocky Road
Delicious Strawberry
Chocolate Malt
Tropical Punch
Cake Batter
White Chocolate
Chocolate Coconut

I stopped buying my protein from GNC (started ordering off Bodybuilding) but the great thing I always liked about GNC is that they actually let you return opened products. If you buy a protein and dont like the flavor, you can come in and trade it for another flavor as long as there's only a few scoops missing
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #26
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

JEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJEFFERSON MONEY is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vit d lol

For a broke college student

Mackerels and sardines provide the omegas
Chicken turkey and eggs provide te protein (whey is more cost effective probably but ehh I like eating food)
And kale and broccoli along with fruits knock down most vitamins

I'm forcing my grandparents to take Greens Superfood though they have some fukked up habits and are aging at a fast rate. So ill try to put a spoon with avocado ginger garlic broccoli kale coconut oil banana and honey. A close friend of mines mom concocted cancer and hopefully these phytonutrients do put up a fight
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

To second what the other guy said you should try some different brands, whey protein flavors have come a long way in recent years. I think Hateraid works for Dymatize, and I love their rich chocolate flavor. I eat a very strict diet with little to no sugar and the chocolate is so good I actually look forward to it all day Even with just water it tastes great.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #28
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

^ Agreed. I went from TwinLab to ON to Dymatize and Dymatize is the BOMB. If ever I do get around to buying whey again (which I probably won't), that's the only brand I'll mess with. I've also tried GNC, Designer Whey, and I think that Met-RX and they don't measure up to Dymatize, taste-wise.

Been looking for a greens supplement coz I eat as much veggies and fruits as I can but I think I could still use some work there. Plus it can probably replace the multi. I'd do it the same way J$ does but produce ain't that cheap here.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #29
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Just a multivitamin in the morning and whey protein shake every day.

Quote:

Get the "Extreme Milk Chocolate" flavor of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold. You can't taste any powder.. it's delicious. Just tastes like a chocolate milk.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #30
East_Stone_Ya
Gentleman Desperado

East_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEast_Stone_Ya is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

East_Stone_Ya is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: