Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #46
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default Re: are you taking any nutritional supplements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
whats ZMA for?

im on a mega man sport multi, GNC whey, and creatine.. drinking lots of water and eating good as well.. hoping to hit 170 lbs soon (im at 162, weighed 135 in HS)

ZMA is to support testosterone production and hormonal balance. Despite what people believe it is not a sedative to put you to sleep
hateraid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #47
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
If you actaully take effort and have a good balanced diet proper to your needs, you don't need all the shit

It's just not possible for all (or MOST) people to eat one of those diets you see in Men's Fitness magazine. I'm lucky if i get a bowl of cereal before I'm out the door for work in the morning, lunch is is usually something I can eat at my desk or in the back between the stuff I'm working on throughout my day, and dinner is whatever I can throw together, but usually the closest thing I have to a meal in the whole day. How many working class people have the time/resources to eat the way those "diet experts" recommend? Especially if they're getting the 8 hours of sleep those same experts say you should get to be healthy.

Supplements are just a quicker/more convenient way to get the vitamins and whatnot to make up for the full meals I don't have a chance to eat. It's not about effort so much as it's about reality.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #48
unbreakable
National High School Star

what are the cons of ZMA? if i stop taking it after a while will by body produce less test?
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM   #49
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
what are the cons of ZMA? if i stop taking it after a while will by body produce less test?

ZMA doesn't increase testosterone:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129161/

The magnesium will help you sleep better, but otherwise save your money.

In fact, all "testosterone boosters" are a scam and do not work.

There are prohormones (designer steroids) that are legal, but I would not recommend them until you have done a lot of research first. These will shut you down, shrink your nuts, require post cycle therapy, etc etc just like any other steroid. They are also very harsh on your liver. Many people think that just because they can buy something at the local supplement store or order it on the internet that it must be safe, and with these kinds of products this is simply not true. Superdrol and its clones are an example of one of these designer steroids that I would be very careful about taking.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #50
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

Just taking Muscle Milk lol.
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #51
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

bmulls, aside from PH's what would you recommend to increase test?
JEFFERSON MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #52
Budadiiii
Live Strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
It's just not possible for all (or MOST) people to eat one of those diets you see in Men's Fitness magazine. I'm lucky if i get a bowl of cereal before I'm out the door for work in the morning, lunch is is usually something I can eat at my desk or in the back between the stuff I'm working on throughout my day, and dinner is whatever I can throw together, but usually the closest thing I have to a meal in the whole day. How many working class people have the time/resources to eat the way those "diet experts" recommend? Especially if they're getting the 8 hours of sleep those same experts say you should get to be healthy.

Supplements are just a quicker/more convenient way to get the vitamins and whatnot to make up for the full meals I don't have a chance to eat. It's not about effort so much as it's about reality.
You lazy shit head. You're such a ****ing joke.

Stop blaming shit on your "busy" schedule you clown. You're just mentally weak, that's it. Cereal, maybe? and shit you just throw together? What a ****ing joke you are.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #53
bmulls
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
bmulls, aside from PH's what would you recommend to increase test?

Heavy lifting, good diet, enough sleep. Unless you are sick or malnourished or something your endogenous test levels are 99% genetic. There is no OTC supplement you can take to boost it by any appreciable amount.

As far as PH go, they can be used safely and effectively, it just takes doing your homework first. You can buy legitimate PCT drugs in liquid form as research chemicals (check rui-products.com). There are PH message boards that have mountains of info on safe and proper use.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #54
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

3g Fish oil per day
Triflex(glucosamine, condroiton, MSM)
Gummy multis

I ussually take all three of these in the morning without breakfast since my eating schedule is kind of bad.. I dont get that hungry in the mornings. Does food help absorption of the shit in these pills or are they good on their own?
tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 PM   #55
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
You lazy shit head. You're such a ****ing joke.

Stop blaming shit on your "busy" schedule you clown. You're just mentally weak, that's it. Cereal, maybe? and shit you just throw together? What a ****ing joke you are.

I've added almost 20 pounds of muscle in a little over 3 years and work out at least an hour a day 6 days a week. I'm far far far from lazy. The diet aspect is just hard to keep up with when you've got a full time career and youre studying to start a second one.

Don't be so bitter just cuz the Wal Mart cashiers won't let you buy protein powder because you're not 16 years old yet
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #56
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Supplements are just an easy way out. The right way is to eat natural and smart, most people don't have time and effort for that.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #57
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
Supplements are just an easy way out. The right way is to eat natural and smart, most people don't have time and effort for that.

I know you're a sad troll but ill bite.

Let me reiterate for all people saying war the "natural way."

Do you hunt meat and forage for food?

No you go to a fukking grocery store and by Gmo modified crops, antibiotic injected mass produced livestock, And fruits coated on ethylene gas.

Kindly explain to me how taking concentrated whey isolate or a Multi is so unnatural when you are consuming substances that have been tampered with mans touch...
Old 03-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #58
JEFFERSON MONEY
A bit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamba
veggie greens in the morning
Giant delicious whey protien
fish oil(when i remember)
BCAA's (intra workout, just a sports drink)
Cassein protein before bed.
Musclepharm creatine (i load it, 15 grams per day for the first week, than 10 grams per day for the next 5, take 2 weeks off than reload)

I've noticed a big plus in strength and the way i look when i'm on these products, and size. I'm getting bigger weekly currently sitting at 95kg (210 pounds) and trying to get to 220 before i decide its time to lose that extra bit of body fat.

I'm currently in the second stage of Polyquins German volume training (initially start at 10 reps for 10 sets, than move to 6 reps for 10 sets) and man oh man have i noticed a difference.

for example, for 10 sets of bench press at 6 reps per set, im bench pressing 225 pounds for every single set. my current 1 rep max is 128 kilograms (roughly 280 pounds) and all my shirts have gotten much tighter, whilst all my pants are the exact same size and haven't tightened up at all.

Those who say these supplements don't work obviously haven't timed their meals properly and their shakes. Always be anabolic and never let your body go into starvation mode where it feels the need to store glycogen and fat.

You have made amazing progress my Lebanese friend but meal timing is irrelevant an starvation mode as u call it doesn't occur after several days.... If people are doing your protocol and not making gains id think it was a lack of sleep , an excess of stress , improper form (time under tension), insufficient callies ,poor hormonal profile ,or bad genetics waayyy before meal timing...
Old 03-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #59
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY

Let me reiterate for all people saying war the "natural way."

Do you hunt meat and forage for food?

No you go to a fukking grocery store and by Gmo modified crops, antibiotic injected mass produced livestock, And fruits coated on ethylene gas.

Kindly explain to me how taking concentrated whey isolate or a Multi is so unnatural when you are consuming substances that have been tampered with mans touch...
I'm not against supplements as I take them regularly myself.
But if I'm not too lazy I'd eat fresh meat/fish instead of protein powder, fresh fruit and veges instead of vitamin/mineral pills.
Btw here in new zealand we don't coat fruit with ethylene nor do we inject livestock with antibiotic. US has the lowest standard for food safety among developed countries and I for one feel sorry for you.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #60
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
I'm not against supplements as I take them regularly myself.
But if I'm not too lazy I'd eat fresh meat/fish instead of protein powder, fresh fruit and veges instead of vitamin/mineral pills.
Btw here in new zealand we don't coat fruit with ethylene nor do we inject livestock with antibiotic. US has the lowest standard for food safety among developed countries and I for one feel sorry for you.

Not too lazy?

Your Asian hero Bruce Lee is one of the hardest working and most health-conscious people out there, and he regularly had supplements in the smoothies he made.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: