Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #76
Budadiiii
Live Strong.
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion, Illinois
Posts: 9,983
Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
sad? Does sound funny nonetheless
No, it sounds stupid. You really think if nobody was able to self pleasure themselves, that somehow that would be good for society? You can't possibly think that... right?

If so, explain how in the hell it would benefit society at all. The only thing on peoples mind would be sex, there would be a shit ton of testosterone driven lonely dudes just lurking everywhere, population would increase, rape would increase, etc...
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #77
BuGzBuNNy
...
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,137
BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
No, it sounds stupid. You really think if nobody was able to self pleasure themselves, that somehow that would be good for society? You can't possibly think that... right?

If so, explain how in the hell it would benefit society at all. The only thing on peoples mind would be sex, there would be a shit ton of testosterone driven lonely dudes just lurking everywhere, population would increase, rape would increase, etc...
Originally I was moreso tying fapping and mastur-bation together. Mastur-bation to a lesser extent, but how can one mastur-bate without getting off to something? Porn, its just one of those obviously wrong things. What has porn done to families? How does it hurt the way a boy looks at a woman? How has it hurt the way young men and women interpret a relationship between a guy and girl? The women involved in porn? trash. The men? same thing
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #78
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs
 
Is He Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,838
Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
Nah, not even close really. Maybe your imagination of hell is different from mine. I can't recall ever being unhappy before I was born


So it's said. I can't recall any relevant problems I had before I got into the fap game. Then again I was around 13 or 14 and I imagine the alleged unhealthiness of not fapping at all is said to kick in later in life. There is no such thing as fapping in moderation, for me at least. I again would argue the benefits of a fap free society outweigh the negatives

I find it a lot harder to accept letting go of all of your loved ones for eternity than it is to accept a possibility of being rewarded for being a good person. I think of myself as a caring person, therefore I wouldn't fear the possibility of hell and would only look forward to living forever. I get no reward by ceasing to exist. The thought of never getting to see my loved ones again is an immensely tough pill to swallow.

Why deal with unnecessary stress and the higher prostate cancer risk you were referring to? If you can't moderate fapping, the problem has to do with your lack of self control than it does with the act of fapping.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #79
Budadiiii
Live Strong.
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion, Illinois
Posts: 9,983
Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
Originally I was moreso tying fapping and mastur-bation together. Mastur-bation to a lesser extent, but how can one mastur-bate without getting off to something? Porn, its just one of those obviously wrong things. What has porn done to families? How does it hurt the way a boy looks at a woman? How has it hurt the way young men and women interpret a relationship between a guy and girl? The women involved in porn? trash. The men? same thing
So your problem is with porn, not necessarily *********ion?

There will always be negatives associated with anything. Food is good right? Sure, if it's healthy, but what about all the chemically filled shit that is littered in grocery stores all over the world and the fast food market?
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #80
Budadiiii
Live Strong.
 
Budadiiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion, Illinois
Posts: 9,983
Budadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation hereBudadiiii has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
I find it a lot harder to accept letting go of all of your loved ones for eternity than it is to accept a possibility of being rewarded for being a good person. I think of myself as a caring person, therefore I wouldn't fear the possibility of hell and would only look forward to living forever. I get no reward by ceasing to exist. The thought of never getting to see my loved ones again is an immensely tough pill to swallow.

Why deal with unnecessary stress and the higher prostate cancer risk you were referring to? If you can't moderate fapping, the problem has to do with your lack of self control than it does with the act of fapping.
You wouldn't have to say goodbye to your loved ones, emotions don't exist, you don't exist. These are just your human emotions coming out.

The first second you feel the torture described in religious books, you would be begging to be put out of your misery, essentially begging not to exist.

What makes you think you would be able to see your family members in hell? Isn't the idea of hell to be in a constant state of unimaginable torture?

Come on.
Budadiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #81
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs
 
Is He Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,838
Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budadiiii
You wouldn't have to say goodbye to your loved ones, emotions don't exist, you don't exist. These are just your human emotions coming out.

The first second you feel the torture described in religious books, you would be begging to be put out of your misery, essentially begging not to exist.

What makes you think you would be able to see your family members in hell? Isn't the idea of hell to be in a constant state of unimaginable torture?

Come on.

I agree with you, I'm just trying to look at it from his perspective.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #82
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,205
Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
I can't recall ever being unhappy before I was born




Well, I look at it this way - You have no recollection because you were not created yet.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #83
BuGzBuNNy
...
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,137
BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
I find it a lot harder to accept letting go of all of your loved ones for eternity than it is to accept a possibility of being rewarded for being a good person. I think of myself as a caring person, therefore I wouldn't fear the possibility of hell and would only look forward to living forever. I get no reward by ceasing to exist. The thought of never getting to see my loved ones again is an immensely tough pill to swallow.

Why deal with unnecessary stress and the higher prostate cancer risk you were referring to? If you can't moderate fapping, the problem has to do with your lack of self control than it does with the act of fapping.
By ceasing to exist you guarantee that you won't suffer in Hell, thats the reward. But I respect that. The older I get the more I've moved from 1) fear of going to hell to 2) wanting to meet my maker. No denying though, the fear of Hell will always be present as far as I can see...The stress I'd endure willing myself not to fap? I'd argue that thats a healthy stress(definitely is for me, eustress). The fap free version of me is a beast
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #84
BuGzBuNNy
...
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,137
BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Well, I look at it this way - You have no recollection because you were not created yet.
exactly, which is why it would seem obvious to me that itd be easier to accept returning back to that than it would to accept the possibility of going to hell..especially if you ain't livin' right
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:07 AM   #85
TheGreatBlaze
Serious playground baller
 
TheGreatBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gonna free the shit out of you
Posts: 470
TheGreatBlaze has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Interesting how people can start a thread attacking the Bible, but if someone were to start one on another religion's holy book or beliefs they'd instantly be labeled an intolerant and hateful bigot.
TheGreatBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #86
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs
 
Is He Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,838
Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
exactly, which is why it would seem obvious to me that itd be easier to accept returning back to that than it would to accept the possibility of going to hell..especially if you ain't livin' right

Sounds like the fear mongers got you by the balls.
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #87
Patrick Chewing
Cobra Kai Sensei
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,205
Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatBlaze
Interesting how people can start a thread attacking the Bible, but if someone were to start one on another religion's holy book or beliefs they'd instantly be labeled an intolerant and hateful bigot.


That's cause Christianity is embraced by many different races and faces all over the world and not by a certain ethnicity or race.

Also because Christianity has way more money. It's undoubtedly easy to attack the big guy just because.

Unfair? Absolutely.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:52 AM   #88
BuGzBuNNy
...
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,137
BuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation hereBuGzBuNNy has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is He Ill
Sounds like the fear mongers got you by the balls.
Like how you completely disregarded my response to your post to get at this one. There's something to be said about adhering to a specific religion strictly out of fear of what would happen if they didn't. Hence the reason I said, "no denying though", knowing what would result (how you'd reply--yes, I predicted your post) from what was about to be said.

Our whole conversation was around this argument. What you boded is simply a supplement to my thesis.. undoubtedly true
BuGzBuNNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #89
Is He Ill
Cowboys & Spurs
 
Is He Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,838
Is He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat coolIs He Ill is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
Like how you completely disregarded my response to your post to get at this one. There's something to be said about adhering to a specific religion strictly out of fear of what would happen if they didn't. Hence the reason I said, "no denying though", knowing what would result (how you'd reply--yes, I predicted your post) from what was about to be said.

Our whole conversation was around this argument. What you boded is simply a supplement to my thesis.. undoubtedly true

The only way that ceasing to exist can be a reward is if you actually believe in hell, and atheists don't. I'm not an atheist, but in my mind I am fully convinced that hell doesn't exist. In your mind, you are fully convinced that it does. Why would any atheist fear the possibility of hell more than the possibility of no afterlife when they don't even believe that hell exists?
Is He Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #90
Balla_Status
______________________
 
Balla_Status's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,896
Balla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputationBalla_Status has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Haha @ The Holy Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
Originally I was moreso tying fapping and mastur-bation together. Mastur-bation to a lesser extent, but how can one mastur-bate without getting off to something? Porn, its just one of those obviously wrong things. What has porn done to families? How does it hurt the way a boy looks at a woman? How has it hurt the way young men and women interpret a relationship between a guy and girl? The women involved in porn? trash. The men? same thing

How bout you dont judge? Plenty of nice people in porn I'm sure.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy