Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #16
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 20 Biggest box office bombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
What was wrong with John Carter? I thought it was a decent movie, although the pacing was terrible.
No one cared for it enough to go see it. It's evident when you look at the movies that were running around that time of March 9th, 2012. I think the biggest movie out at that time was The Lorax, which was decently successful, other than that, no one else was going to see anything.

I watched it. 5.5/10.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What was wrong with John Carter? I thought it was a decent movie, although the pacing was terrible.
Disney basically spent way too much on the film that they thought it would sell very well anyway.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #18
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:

It's premise that their are multiple intelligent species living on Mars does not work in the modern day. Although I'm sure it was a fine novel back in the 1800s.

Only movie I was surprised to see was Final Fantasy.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #19
LexiKhan
I brick open layups

LexiKhan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc

It is said that the movie was such a disaster that it led to squaresoft to merge with enix and that the company never quite recovered.

Square never really got it together after that and if it wasn't for the recent sucess with the eidos properties (Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman) they would probably close down.

Also, graphics aside, the movie just plain sucked.
LexiKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #20
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
I wasn't. You know, the CG at that quality was extremely expensive back then, and it is used for 108 minutes, and that doesn't even include other costs.
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #21
Duderonomy
Nothing but NETS

Duderonomy has not been impressing people

I Watched "The Fall of the Roman Empire" what a great epic. Sophia Loren
Duderonomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I think some of these producers are too stupid to realize it's not about the amount of money you put in the production, but rather how good the movie is going to be. It's about heart and soul and it is pathetic a movie like Town and Country didn't even have a script before the shooting started.

Eh, they don't give a shit about making a "good" movie, just a profitable one. Typically these kind of movies start off with a good concept and the producers trust the filmmakers not to screw it up. Then things happen, the cost goes up, and they have to decide whether to stop production and just swallow the loss or dump more cash into it and hope for the best. They need to have SOMETHING in theaters, so they'll mostly just keep going until they cross a point of no return.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
I think some of these producers are too stupid to realize it's not about the amount of money you put in the production, but rather how good the movie is going to be. It's about heart and soul and it is pathetic a movie like Town and Country didn't even have a script before the shooting started.
Are you serious? Junk movies make a shitload of money every month. Especially romcoms. There's a reason we get so much shit in theaters, it's because the moviegoing public keeps "Date Movie" profitable.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 PM   #24
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I remember it took me 4 days to watch The Postman. Taped it off TV one night just to see how bad it was. Terrible stuff. And out of that list of 20 the only 2 i've seen are The Postman and Final Fantasy.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:10 PM   #25
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
Fixed the link. Was Battlefield Earth that bad? Might have to watch it one day couldn't be worse than Batman and Robin.

It isn't even supposed to be entertainingly bad like Batman & Robin. Just bad.

I had only seen a few of those movies. Ballistic was one of the worst movies I had ever seen.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #26
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here

I liked 13th warrior, John Carter and Cutthroat Island.
pauk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 AM   #27
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I remember it took me 4 days to watch The Postman. Taped it off TV one night just to see how bad it was. Terrible stuff. And out of that list of 20 the only 2 i've seen are The Postman and Final Fantasy.
I know that feeling, took me about a week to watch 'The Campaign' w/ Will Ferrell.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #28
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderonomy
Fixed the link. Was Battlefield Earth that bad? Might have to watch it one day couldn't be worse than Batman and Robin.

I saw it when i was young and thought it was horrible, though I dont remember any of it. Decided to look up its IMDB rating and saw it got a 2.4 which is the lowest I've ever seen lol
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: