Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-04-2007, 01:51 PM   #1
knicks15
Local High School Star

knicks15 has decent reputation
Post the problem with the knicks

the problem with the knicks is they have too many one dimensional players. its been like that for a while. most of their players can do something well and be a liability in another area. the only well rounded players they really have are Richardson and surprisingly marbury (surprising bc traditionally hes known as a scoring only point guard)

richardson- good shooter, defender, rebounder
marbury- pretty good shooter, can drive, dish, getting better defensively
curry-great post player, cant rebound or defend
lee- good rebounder, cant shoot and needs to defend better
frye- pretty good jumper, little post game which he doesnt use and very inconsistent
jeffries- good defender, no offensive game at all
crawford- streak shooter, good offensive player, not much else
n robinson- energy guy, erratic
balkman- good defender, rebounder, offensive liability
and so on

they need some of these guys to get better in other areas most notably defense to become a good team
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the problem with the knicks

Call me crazy but it does seem like when Q n Steph n Curry play well we win but when Crawford and Robinson does well we get killled and everybody elses stats are horrendous....Go Fig
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh has an OK reputation so far

at the end of the day, it comes down to defense. There are alot of teams in the league who have one dimensional players, but they still win...
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:25 PM   #4
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

I don't think they have too many one dimensional players.

I think they have too many non fundamental players.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #5
mghubs27
I airball my layups

mghubs27 has an OK reputation so far

they have to play solid defense and capitalize on offense...and play together
mghubs27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
cangoods
I brick open layups

cangoods has an OK reputation so far

When i look at the knicks now i see fewer problems then i saw the 1st month. IF you think back to the first month ...

Curry stunk, Frye STunk, Marbury Stunk.
Q and francis were teh only starters doing anything worth while, and teh bench was on fire. Now our bench has cooled off (mainly because of nate).

Now ...
But Curry is playing like a franchise player, Steph is playing like a leader and playin some of the best call of his career. Crawfrod is streaky but playing well. Frye is playing OK .. not great looks like a solid forward off the bench but not a starter.

The main issue i see now .. is the turn overs . If we averaged 14 instead of 17 it woudl be a much different season. You cant continue to be the most turnover prone team and win.

- Cangoods
cangoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

bigdaddybluesman has an OK reputation so far

Turnovers are a big issue. But why are there turnovers?

You have to address the reasons. Big men turn it over because they are not used to handling the ball as much. Which goes to the problem of the Knicks, their bigmen can't pass well.

Now lets look at the smalls.......Crawford makes some dumb plays. Poor passes and poor dribbling. Marbury has gotten better and for a guy that handles the ball more than he should have to(because of the poor ball handling of the team itself) he's OK. He does have some moments of brain freeze but overall he's been very good, he is playing hurt and you really can't fault anything he has done recently.

So if you look into the problem more deeply there are other issues as to the whys of it all.

It is about fundamentals, it's always been about fundamentals and with any losing team it's always about fundamentals.

The winning teams do not have more talent most of the time, they usually have much better fundamentals especially on the defensive side. They protect the ball, make free throws when they have to and pass the ball effectively.

Physically, is Shaq that much better than Curry? Actually no.....a young Shaq was a little bigger but had a little less body control than Curry. Granted he was untouchable and got every call by the refs. Why was he so much of a power player as compared to other big men?

Look at there stats at the same age. points 19.6 rebounds 7 assists .8 blocks .5 Shaq 26 11 2.9 2.9 so the big thing that jumps out at me is the assists and blocks.

There's more to stats than just the stats themselves. It's why those stats are like that and it says Shaq had better fundamental to go with his physical ability.

If Jerome James had something between his ears instead of an empty cavity he would be a top 5 center.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 07:04 PM   #8
James Naismith

Cool Re: the problem with the knicks

The only problem with the knicks is Issah. Knick fans dont worry tho, you'll make the playoffs in a few years. This is Toronto's year baby! So is next year... and the following year!

GO RAPS GO!!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 07:32 PM   #9
nykfan70
Can barely lace up my sneakers

nykfan70 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Naismith
The only problem with the knicks is Issah. Knick fans dont worry tho, you'll make the playoffs in a few years. This is Toronto's year baby! So is next year... and the following year!

GO RAPS GO!!!!!

Hey Hoser, Go Away, HEY!

C Hey N Hey D Hey= Canada
nykfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:42 PM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i remeber the first thing that Zeke said this year is that we wanted a Phoenix-style offense. Now we knew before the season aint no way that would happen. i can still say that now. But take a look at them. Phoenix will make the playoffs, something we may not do. And they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league as far as point allowed. Now don't get me wrong I truly believe defense wins championships. Which is why Dallas may win this year. They have a great collection of BOTH. Now back to Phoenix. Why do they win as much as they do. The main reason is they have low turnovers and they always push the ball which create more SCORING opportunities. Our main focus should be to control our turnover FIRST. get our 17 turnovers a game to about 12-14. We have lost so many games by 6 point or less it's ridiculous. Then couple that with our poor free throw shooting(mainly Curry since he is fouled alot). between turnovers that are controllable and free-throws, we give up as much as 15 points a game. Imagine if we can chop the missed points from 15 to about 8.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #11
James Naismith

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykfan70
Hey Hoser, Go Away, HEY!

C Hey N Hey D Hey= Canada

errrr.... idiot!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #12
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Naismith

GO RAPS GO!!!!!

Dude, are you experiencing brain freeze? I think living up north with all that cold it's killing your perception of reality.

Anyway, I think you are one funny guy!!! Good stuff. GO RAPS GO!!! I almost lost my breakfast. The Knicks will take the east. Mark my words.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: