Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-22-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Shabazz Muhammad actually a year older than originally reported...

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1.../p2p-74959726/

very bizarre.

Quote:
According to the UCLA men's basketball media guide, he was born in Los Angeles on Nov. 13, 1993.

But a copy of Shabazz Nagee Muhammad's birth certificate on file with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health shows that he was born at Long Beach Memorial Hospital exactly one year earlier, making him 20 years old not 19 as widely reported.

How and when he lost a year of his life are unclear. But competing against younger, smaller athletes, particularly in the fast-growing years of early adolescence, can be "a huge edge," said Eddie Bonine, executive director of the Nevada Interscholastic Activities Assn. "People naturally look at the big, strong kids."

Asked about the discrepancy, Holmes insisted his son was 19 and born in Nevada. "It must be a mistake," he said.

Several minutes later, he changed his account, saying that his son is, in fact, 20 and was born in Long Beach.

Holmes expressed concern about disclosure of his son's true age and his own criminal record and questioned whether either was newsworthy. He followed up with a text message.

"Bazz is going to blow up in the NBA lets team up and blow this thing up!!!" Holmes wrote to this reporter. "I'm going to need a publicist anyway why shouldn't it be you. We can do some big things together."

So he's actually 20 years old, turning 21 this year...
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Shabazz Muhammad actually a year older than originally reported...

Jesus, that story sounds like Todd Marinovich.

I feel sorry for the kid. Ron Holmes is some shitty father.. No wait, some horrible human being.

You read more of it and it gets worse...

Quote:
"As a student, Holmes said, he found himself fascinated by the careful breeding of thoroughbreds, the way that two fast, powerful horses could be crossed to create an even faster, more powerful colt.

Around that time he met Faye Paige, a point guard, sprinter and hurdler at Cal State Long Beach. Spotting her at a summer league game, Holmes recalled saying to a friend: 'See that No. 10? She's going to be my wife, and we're going to make some All-Americans.'"

Last edited by IGotACoolStory : 03-22-2013 at 12:50 PM.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Jesus, that story sounds like Todd Marinovich.

I feel sorry for the kid. Ron Holmes is some shitty father.. No wait, some horrible human being.

You read more of it and it gets worse...

yea i read that part I seriously lol'd. he could have said it as a joke and the reporter took it out of context but i might be just playing devils advocate. I've always questioned some of the decisions this guy has made regarding Shahbazz's career, as soon as I read ab him committing to UCLA I knew he was going to be one and done and it had Ron Holmes' fingerprints all over it.

Last edited by Burgz V2 : 03-22-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

have you seen shabazz lately? wouldnt be surprised if hes 23, 24 yrs old
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #5
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
have you seen shabazz lately? wouldnt be surprised if hes 23, 24 yrs old

This
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
beer
UCLA alumnus

beer is considered somewhat coolbeer is considered somewhat cool

too bad ron holmes couldn't build more super babies for howland.
beer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: