Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
DirtySanchez
National High School Star

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool
Default Playstation 4!!!!!!!

Just announced!!!!

About to show it soon ill out up pics!!
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Playstation 4!!!!!!!

my body is ready.
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
che guevara

che guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this boardche guevara is popular on this board

We're at the point now where graphics can't get that much better. This is nothing like the leap from the PS1/N64 to the GC/PS2/Xbox, I pretty much shit my pants the first time I saw PS2 graphics, whereas now it's just a minor/moderate upgrade from the PS3. It's all about features and improving the experience now.
che guevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #4
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Check out the vividness of grandpa's face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s9CYoIH-sQY
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:54 AM   #5
Done_And_Done
D & D

Done_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDone_And_Done is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Okay this is just outright silly...
http://www.youtube.com/#/watch?featu...a_player&gl=GB
Done_And_Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:07 AM   #6
DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat coolDirtySanchez is considered somewhat cool

I think the graphics are looking a whole lot better. But what I liked was the download time. If its real quick I'm gunna love it!!!
DirtySanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
takai
Fly for a White Guy

takai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected postertakai is a pretty well-respected poster

Still not sold on it yet. I want to see what the system itself looks like as well.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #8
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Interesting article on the ps4 hardware.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...-your-pc-isnt/
Kungfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #9
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 has decent reputationAlphaWolf24 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
Check out the vividness of grandpa's face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=s9CYoIH-sQY

those are not or ever going to be from a PS4 game.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai
Still not sold on it yet. I want to see what the system itself looks like as well.
Not to sound like a douche but...Why? Have you ever looked at ANY of your consoles and went "damn, that is as aesthetically pleasing as my favorite car" Or have you ever went "Wtf Nintendo? Putting a console on a stand? why? will not buy."

I mean all it does is sit there, take disks in and puts them back out.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 PM   #11
BuffaloBill
Titty Master

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Not to sound like a douche but...Why? Have you ever looked at ANY of your consoles and went "damn, that is as aesthetically pleasing as my favorite car" Or have you ever went "Wtf Nintendo? Putting a console on a stand? why? will not buy."

I mean all it does is sit there, take disks in and puts them back out.

Looks matter. The slim PS3 looks so much better sitting next to my tv than the first model did. It was so big and bulky and collected way too much dust. There's a reason the Nintendo 64 hardware came in so many different colors. If looks weren't important, people wouldn't buy those limited edition consoles either.

You can't say you aren't curious to see how the new Playstation looks.

Last edited by BuffaloBill : 02-26-2013 at 09:14 PM.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
Draz
Like a Baoss.

Draz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDraz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Honestly. I just got a PS3 a few months ago and want to put it to use, haven't done much with it.. sheeit they could of put more time into the PS4.
Draz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #13
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Looks matter. The slim PS3 looks so much better sitting next to my tv than the first model did. It was so big and bulky and collected way too much dust. There's a reason the Nintendo 64 hardware came in so many different colors. If looks weren't important, people wouldn't buy those limited edition consoles either.

You can't say you aren't curious to see how the new Playstation looks.
**** the slim! My fat PS3 took out my sister's car's back window and still works fine. A slim would've been destroyed.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There's a difference between color, and looks though. Personally, I bought my Halo: Reach console, because it was silver and I needed a new one. I'll give you that.

I generally care aesthetics, but almost always consoles aren't sleek looking especially in the first batch. I mean can you say the 360 or the Wii look great? Sure the Slim looks better next to your tv in comparison to it's predecessor but is it a good looking device?

Hell I have a slim ps3, and I wouldn't say it looks like nice. It just looks...like a console I've never looked at any console and went damn, that is something I definitely want to put my disk in. Computers? Phones? Cars? material possessions like that looks matter because we show them off way more than we do a console.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #15
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill

The phrase should be: Looks and form factor matter, eventually.

It doesn't matter in the beginning. Sony and Microsoft will try to push the boundaries with their new consoles from a technical perspective as well as a budget perspective. They have to deliver a console that is the strongest combination of technical capability and price, they will definitely cut corners on design for their launch product because this decreases the costs per unit.

Yes, the console will be bulkier than you'd like it to be. The design won't be as good as you'd like it to be. That's because at this point it's not cost effective to do those things.

As the price of the technology comes down with time eventually that will give Sony an excuse to make a new version of the console that is more refined aesthetically.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: