Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #16
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Dear Utah...

So the Laker pick goes to Cle if they make the playoffs or to the Suns if they miss them????

also how many picks do the Lakers owe to the Suns??
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #17
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has an OK reputation so far

Utah is the only team that trades for good young talent - keeps them on the bench trying to scrap a 8th seed for 3 years - and then starts tanking before one of the worst projected drafts ever.

Rubio2Gasol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
Horde of Temujin
Operat.Northwoods=9/11

Horde of Temujin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagexslave
I wouldn't mind that, IF my fellow Suns fans would use it as an example to stop putting up with Sarver's stupid cheap-ass decision making and stop paying to go to the game so he'll start losing money and be forced to sell the team(hopefully to a competent human being that cares about winning). But so many Suns fans just have this "go down with the ship" mentality and would support the team and throw cash at them left and right on merchandise and tickets no matter how bad the team gets or who owns it.

They just don't realize that by supporting the team in their current state, they're supporting bad leadership and mediocrity. I'll watch the team, and hope a miracle happens and they get out of this mess, but I'm not going to buy season tickets any time soon.

I hate Sarver, he destroyed a great team. It was a travesty for all fans of basketball, not just Suns' fans.
Cheap asses like him should be forced to give up their teams.

Whats your favorite Sarver decision?

Mine is the Kurt Thomas AND 1st and second rd picks for cash to Seattle.
Kurt thomas was their only low post defender and why the hell did he have to throw the picks in if he wasnt getting anything back but cash.

That move still astounds me to this day. Complete douchebag.
Horde of Temujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #19
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
So the Laker pick goes to Cle if they make the playoffs or to the Suns if they miss them????

also how many picks do the Lakers owe to the Suns??
1) I think that's how it goes.
2) I think at least 3. 1st and 2nd this year, 1st next year.
wagexslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #20
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

wagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected posterwagexslave is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
I hate Sarver, he destroyed a great team. It was a travesty for all fans of basketball, not just Suns' fans.
Cheap asses like him should be forced to give up their teams.

Whats your favorite Sarver decision?

Mine is the Kurt Thomas AND 1st and second rd picks for cash to Seattle.
Kurt thomas was their only low post defender and why the hell did he have to throw the picks in if he wasnt getting anything back but cash.

That move still astounds me to this day. Complete douchebag.
Yeah it really was pathetic the way he was just GIVING away players and picks for cash like they were nothing. Trying as hard as he can to pinch pennies at the expense of the team... :\
Old 03-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #21
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Let them tank.. Its better for them to tank to get a better pick to help them next season.. This season is not meant for them.. I dont want them to lose on purpose but for the sake of their future they should tank for the rest of their games.. In before hidden agenda, just a concern pure individual here..
I always wondered what the owners thought about being a borderline play-off team and tanking. I'm sure the owners make a sh!t load off Play-off games. I remember years ago, Eagles president/owner Jeffery Lurie said profits for the team come from making the play-offs.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
I always wondered what the owners thought about being a borderline play-off team and tanking. I'm sure the owners make a sh!t load off Play-off games. I remember years ago, Eagles president/owner Jeffery Lurie said profits for the team come from making the play-offs.

Home playoff games are very important to the small market Jazz money wise. It's good to have a winning atmosphere anyway. Look around the league. You see many of the same teams getting high lottery picks every year and continuing there losing ways. The Jazz youngsters will benefit from the playoff experience and fighting for a spot down the road.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #23
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thought everyone knew the Jazz would struggle? Out of all the teams fighting for the 7 and 8 spots the Jazz have the hardest schedule.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #24
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Thought everyone knew the Jazz would struggle? Out of all the teams fighting for the 7 and 8 spots the Jazz have the hardest schedule.

And lack the stars and go to guy that the other teams have.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #25
wagexslave
Messiahbolical

Can someone confirm how many picks the Lakers owe the Suns? Is it 3 or 4? I can't remember.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #26
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
And lack the stars and go to guy that the other teams have.
O'rly
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #27
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryimnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Utah knew they fked up when they kept their 2 bigs...
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #28
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
Utah knew they fked up when they kept their 2 bigs...

They ****ed up when they acquired Al n the 1st place. Giving Millsap away for the trash that has been proposed around gere would be ****ing up.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #29
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

I want the Mavs to steal the 8th seed. utah falling off the planet, and the lakeshow is still a bad roller coaster ride.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:44 PM   #30
Xiao Yao You
Very good NBA starter

Much rather see the Mavs than the Lakers make it certainly.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: