Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Is it cheating in 2K..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoo
doing off ball defense in 2k is a pussygirl move!!! your should defend to him yourslef dont not make there fk** computer to it for you... but your say that he have a cheap moves too with layup / dunk then i think your did a good move , if he play a fk** cheap cheese moves then your can do offball to do that because there is none other way to do defense to that .. but i think in fair game your should always do defenes YOURSELVE, well i never make the computers to my job!!!its my defnese if i wanted watch the computer play then i wouldnt not be playing!!
This is pretty much exactly what he was saying

I will admit though defense is a lot funner when you D up his star man to man and stop him that way. I love the move when a player is sprinting down the sideline and you cut him off slightly which makes them go to the side with that animation and outta bounds. It's like a free push.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:47 AM   #17
mateoboz
Swish...

mateoboz has no real reputation yet.

Me and my former roommate got into a pretty big argument over this last year. I'm of the opinion that it's cheap and shouldn't be allowed.
mateoboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 AM   #18
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Your not cheating but your being a huge dick to everyone.
I hate you.
I guess you also oop on every fast break.
And on every half court offense you up n under or spin in the post.
Or jack 3s.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #19
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation hereEat Like A Bosh has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy
It was a popular complaint when I used to play it online. Playing against friends it's never been brought up, but it does get annoying when everytime I pass the ball to the player one of my friends was guarding he switches off. I think 2K rewards on-ball defense, though, by making a contested shot by a user more effective than that of the cpu
Exactly, I've always felt this way. But yea, it's not wrong. I've realized that is one effective strategy. I hate it when the opposing PG just stalls time dribbling around. So it's awesome to control an off-ball player and deflect passes and contest everything in the paint.'

My favorite thing to do, is to turn off Reach In Fouls, raise the steals slider a little and every time I pressure the opposing PGs with my guy. No Double Teams necessary, easily get 40-50 steals a game, and a shit ton of fast break points.That's cheating right there.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #20
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckey
no such thing as "cheap" when it's competition
Yep.

Play to win. If it's in the game, use it. It's on the other guy to find something that will stop you.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #21
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's cheap but you should've came to an agreement before playing.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 AM   #22
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

if you're not playing defense on-ball defense, it's weak. I don't know about cheating, but cheap, definitely...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #23
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateoboz
Me and my former roommate got into a pretty big argument over this last year. I'm of the opinion that it's cheap and shouldn't be allowed.
Theres too many other tactics in the game that you can exploit to call what I did cheap..

One friend I play against all the time scores 35+ with Kyle korver everytime hes the hawks because if you have the shooting motion down Kyle will hit the three 90+% of the time as long as he isnt tired man in his face or not.

I took 63 shots against him with Brandon Jennings and scored 73 points.. won the game like 90-68. The game is too easy to cheese with if you grab a fast superstar who can shoot..
Old 03-26-2013, 12:28 AM   #24
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

You can't cheese/cheat on defense.

The cheesers are usually the guys that chuck 3's or dunk all the time.

Playing off the ball is just fine. It's like picking your favorite player have him cover other positions.

I think it's fair. I don't see how it's cheating when there are so many ways to score.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 AM   #25
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Theres too many other tactics in the game that you can exploit to call what I did cheap..

One friend I play against all the time scores 35+ with Kyle korver everytime hes the hawks because if you have the shooting motion down Kyle will hit the three 90+% of the time as long as he isnt tired man in his face or not.

I took 63 shots against him with Brandon Jennings and scored 73 points.. won the game like 90-68. The game is too easy to cheese with if you grab a fast superstar who can shoot..

If you have decided it's not cheap why come here and ask if it's cheating?
Attention whore much?
Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 AM   #26
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
If you have decided it's not cheap why come here and ask if it's cheating?
Attention whore much?
Because I wanted to see the reasons for WHY it is cheap.. and so far nobody has given a good reason. 'It's just cheap man.. thats weak.' Itd be different if I wasnt playing D at all. I am. Im playing off ball because the computer shadows better and I can play help better.

If anybody plays NHL here theres a similar thing in it. When a player is coming down the side at two of your defenders you dont want to control the guy directly in front because hell deke right by you. You control a guy swooping in from the side so you can check him into the glass. Same thing. Except it isnt cheap in that game to let the cpu take him one on one while you help.

Last edited by tpols : 03-26-2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #27
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Because I wanted to see the reasons for WHY it is cheap.. and so far nobody has given a good reason. 'It's just cheap man.. thats weak.' Itd be different if I wasnt playing D at all. I am. Im playing off ball because the computer shadows better and I can play help better.

If anybody plays NHL here theres a similar thing in it. When a player is coming down the side at two of your defenders you dont want to control the guy directly in front because hell deke right by you. You control a guy swooping in from the side so you can check him into the glass. Same thing. Except it isnt cheap in that game to let the cpu take him one on one while you help.

The point is simple, if you both do this, you are turning a pvp game into a pvc game.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #28
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's not cheap, the ****in game is way too unrealistic and arcadey, especially on defense. If you give any halfway decent dunker space he will rise up and dunk on your whole damn team no matter how many people are in the paint. The 3pt shooters will hit everything unless you D them up tight every time.

The defense in 2k13 is garbage, everyone is floating around, you can't control all 5 players so it's best to let CPU cover the ball handler while you provide the help defense. When you cover a quick ball handler yourself, he can blow by you no matter how hard you try to stop him, user controls are too sensitive and put you on skates, you will give up wide open dunks and 3s all game if you cover 1 on 1 all the time.

In 2k12 the defense at least "stuck" to players and didn't allow wide open dunks and 3s so many times, but now it's just open shot after open shot a lot of times. And Hall of Fame is still way too easy to cheese.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #29
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I only play online against my brothers and we play off ball all the time. It is more that I trust myself to do help D than the computer. I essentially bounce around who I am controlling so my brothers don't know so I can do surprise steals and surprise blocks, but 80% of the time I am one of the post players on D. It is too easy to take advantage of 1 defender, whether it be computer or player controlled, so if I play off ball, I can actually swarm with well timed double teams. You can't do that easily if you play on ball. It isn't that I'm hiding, it is that I use it to make my D stronger.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #30
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak has decent reputation

Quote:
to control an off the ball player on defense?

I was playing a money game yesterday with my roommate, he was minny and I was Houston. He's dirty with Rubio setting up teammates and making layups/driving so I decided to play off the ball with harden, let the cpu d him up, and flank him on drives and passes.

He didn't start biitching about it til 2 minutes left in the game when I hit a three to go up by 11.. So it was bullshit anyway. But is that considered cheap?

Yeah it's cheap. It's better now than it used to be because the computer isn't as amazing on D. You can actually free up for a J on the computer, but if you are playing on HoF then yeah. Man up, especially offline.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: