Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-26-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
OhNoTimNoSho
Your King

OhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation hereOhNoTimNoSho has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Is it cheating in 2K..

Cheating? No. It just means you suck on defense. You're literally avoiding a whole part of the game and letting the computer do your dirty work. Face it, you dont want to play D because you suck at it. You have no honor. You think Jordan would let the computer guard the ball?

Esp when the ball is passed and you switch off the defender of the guy that got the ball. Thats just pathetic. No heart.
OhNoTimNoSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #32
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
Cheating? No. It just means you suck on defense. You're literally avoiding a whole part of the game and letting the computer do your dirty work. Face it, you dont want to play D because you suck at it. You have no honor. You think Jordan would let the computer guard the ball?

Esp when the ball is passed and you switch off the defender of the guy that got the ball. Thats just pathetic. No heart.

He ain't play video games with no n1gga
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #33
christian1923
Y'all ni**** trippin

christian1923 has decent reputation

You can't do it all game man.. It's cheesy.
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #34
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

man, i try to defend on ball as much as possible. especially if money's put up, i strongly encourage it on both sides. especially if you're playing on hall of fame difficulty, it's impossible to get past the computer defender. i normally play friends on superstar difficulty, game speed 60.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #35
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho

I can cut off rubio with the point a few times as hes coming up the court and stay in front, but when he clears everyone out to the sides and has the whole frontside of the court, and starts SPRINTING back and forth between the wings using the dribble stick to stop on a dime when I follow eventually he will create separation and either get a open midrange/layup or my comp will help and hell pass it to a guy that will hit the shot for sure because a) rubio passed it to him and b) hes open.

Is that not cheap? To not run a normal offense and just go one on one for the whole shotclock til I eventually slip up? Literally anyone can create separation like that.. You wouldnt stop it either. This dude posts 30/10 like its nothing everytime unless I switch the strat up.. but he uses Rubio to handle 90% of the game, literally.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
I can cut off rubio with the point a few times as hes coming up the court and stay in front, but when he clears everyone out to the sides and has the whole frontside of the court, and starts SPRINTING back and forth between the wings using the dribble stick to stop on a dime when I follow eventually he will create separation and either get a open midrange/layup or my comp will help and hell pass it to a guy that will hit the shot for sure because a) rubio passed it to him and b) hes open.

Is that not cheap? To not run a normal offense and just go one on one for the whole shotclock til I eventually slip up? Literally anyone can create separation like that.. You wouldnt stop it either. This dude posts 30/10 like its nothing everytime unless I switch the strat up.. but he uses Rubio to handle 90% of the game, literally.

I see nothing wrong with your strategy if he is doing that shit on offense.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #37
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols

I know exactly what you mean. That shit irritates me. The opponent will just dribble from left to right, right to left, and when I get left behind or run past him, he'll shoot and hit a wide open 3.
It happens A LOT in MyTeam mode. That's the main reason why I prefer playing off-ball defense.

The guys who annoy me the most are the ones who can only score with guards. It takes whatever realism is in the game right out of it. I played an online match against someone who was using the 1997-98 Lakers. All he did was score with Kobe. 57 of his 70 points were with Kobe.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #38
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

it's not cheating so long as your happy having a ******
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #39
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is no strategy in the video game that doesn't have a counter strategy. I have a buddy that controls off ball and tries to steal and I rain threes on him. Actually running QUICK set plays helps to break the D too. I recommend, if you have a really really good 3 pt. shooter, to put HOU. QUICK SCREEN 3 pt. into your playbook. It will soften the defense.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #40
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Depending on the team, (I chose lakers)

I usually use the best perimeter defender to try and steal or draw a charge full court until they hit half court,
Then I switch to the best rebounding/shot blocking big and allow the CPU to guard the guard and I control the big to shot block and rebound.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 AM   #41
The-Legend-24
LA DECIMA!!

The-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected posterThe-Legend-24 is a pretty well-respected poster

Not sure, but it works so good especially on hall of fame. My friend was straight shitting on me with Rudy Gay, he had like 20 points in the 1st qtr with him. Then I let Lebron guard him, he can't get by him and ends up with 26 for the game, and I win by 25.
The-Legend-24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:19 AM   #42
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Granted I have no problem with it but I also have no problem with laming it out in like Tekken or something.

So long as a person isn't exploiting a clear glitch, as long as they are within the actual mechanics of the game, you can't be angry.

There is one singular exception to this rule in my book. Pikachu's stupid top down lightning attack in Smash. That's just a bullshit attack that should never have been in the game.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #43
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Granted I have no problem with it but I also have no problem with laming it out in like Tekken or something.

So long as a person isn't exploiting a clear glitch, as long as they are within the actual mechanics of the game, you can't be angry.

There is one singular exception to this rule in my book. Pikachu's stupid top down lightning attack in Smash. That's just a bullshit attack that should never have been in the game.
I love catching people as they're floating above me after getting hit to knock them out. Best shit ever
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: