Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #46
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - David Robinson or Kobe Bryant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
So Howard's game is more like David's because of the muscles? Howard's game is around the rim overpowering people. David's game was more finesse.

A bigger, more athletic, more powerful, more physical, much better at everything and MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCC CCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (notice the "Much") more defensive version of Bosh... yes... :)

Last edited by pauk : 03-24-2013 at 12:26 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #47
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - David Robinson or Kobe Bryant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
A bigger, more athletic, more powerful, more physical, much better at everything and MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCC CCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (notice the "Much") more defensive version of Bosh... yes... :)

OK. Who said he was as good as Robinson? I said his game reminded me of him. Howards certainly doesn't despite being bigger. more athletic, more physical and much more defensive than Bosh. On the offensive side of the ball Bosh's game is much, more similar to Dave's.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 AM   #48
Anaximandro1
High School Varsity 6th Man

Anaximandro1 has an OK reputation so far

David Robinson

A dominant big man would be invaluable in today's league because of lack of competition.

David Robinson would fit like a glove at current Spurs.It's hard to imagine any team being able to beat them

prime Robinson
Splitter/Diaw
Leonard/Jax
Green/Manu
Parker
Anaximandro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 AM   #49
Doctor Rivers
Good college starter

Doctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat coolDoctor Rivers is considered somewhat cool

Wouldn't any of these big men from the 90s have a much tougher time in the post in today's game due to the change in defensive rules? You can basically leave an extra man back in the post at all times.
Doctor Rivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #50
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers
Wouldn't any of these big men from the 90s have a much tougher time in the post in today's game due to the change in defensive rules? You can basically leave an extra man back in the post at all times.

Robinson was a hell of a passer and had a good face up game, smooth midrange jumper. Double teams would be useless if you surround him with good shooters and/or slashing/cutting wings. Give him too much attention and his team kills you and he'd put up guardlike assist numbers.

That said I couldn't decide who to take. I always loved Robinson's skillset, but he always seemed to lack the hunger of other (star)players.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:35 AM   #51
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

I always thought of Robinson like the Russian dude from Rocky IV.

He's become underrated. He was great, an athletic specimen, mechanically good at everything and one of the best team defensive centers you'll ever see...but give me Kobe.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:39 AM   #52
24r2
High School Varsity 6th Man

24r2 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Kobe based on looks alone, people will get more fans on your team and add his jordanesque game, this is no contest
24r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #53
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24r2
Kobe based on looks alone, people will get more fans on your team and add his jordanesque game, this is no contest
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #54
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

If I don't know their future, Robinson without thinking twice. If I know their future, Kobe. Now if I'm a GM, I may go with Robinson even if I know their future, but if I'm an owner I definitely go with Kobe.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #55
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Rivers

It's the otherway around, some like Bosh would get destroyd by C in the 90's.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #56
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 has not been impressing people

let's see, the GOAT, Kobe Bryant vs D. Robinson....

yeah I'll take the GOAT, Kobe Bryant.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #57
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengiskhan
If Hakeem is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If Kareem is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If D'rob is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If Ewing is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

If Shaq is in Draft, I'll pick him over MJ.

I don't agree with everyone on this list... I'd pick Hakeem, Shaq, Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Duncan over Kobe or Jordan if I was starting a team AND knew careers.
DRob, Ewing, etc (the next tier), I would pick Jordan or Kobe.

I'm not saying the above Centers are better than Jordan or Kobe (they're not better than Jordan, and some of them are better than Kobe), but I think it would be easier to build a winning team around the C.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #58
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Yeah, if you're Helen Keller.

I would say Robinson's game is similar to Kevin Garnett.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #59
Artillery
National High School Star

Artillery has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive
Robinson was a hell of a passer and had a good face up game, smooth midrange jumper. Double teams would be useless if you surround him with good shooters and/or slashing/cutting wings. Give him too much attention and his team kills you and he'd put up guardlike assist numbers.

That said I couldn't decide who to take. I always loved Robinson's skillset, but he always seemed to lack the hunger of other (star)players.

Replace Dwight with DRob on those recent Magic teams and I see Orlando winning one or two championships at least. Dwight's supposed to be this era's best center and he averaged 15 ppg in the Finals. Pathetic for a star player.

Last edited by Artillery : 03-25-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #60
pegasus
€uroInU$A

pegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected posterpegasus is a pretty well-respected poster

D-Rob.

Then I'd hope he is injured one season, so my team can tank and grab Duncan in the draft, because D-Rob + Duncan >> Kobe. Otherwise, Kobe >>>> D-Rob.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: