In this thread, we will discuss everything about the operating system of both iOS and Android. From iPods, to Tablets, to Phones. Discuss apps from all categories, games, educational, productivity, utilities, etc.
If you have a rooted Android system, share the pros and cons of such capabilities. If you have a Jailbroken iOS system, share Cydia tweaks, hacks, and sources / packages important.
I'll begin. Considering I have Jailbroken all of my capable iOS hardware's, I found it necessary to post some of my favorite tweaks and apps.
1. Kik Messenger - Amazing messenger, perhaps the only one I use. I love this app because it reminds me of AIM (AOL Messenger), if you were a fan of that service you will love this. You will also enjoy it if you aren't familiar with it. Very simple and easy to use, works amazing on every device. (My Kik username is draszo, if anyone here ever want to chat!)
2. Pandora - Music App
4. Spotify - Great music App
5. TextPlus - Great App for texting and calling. It provides users with the ability to have a number in their area / location. Earning minutes are simple for calling, either watch 30 second videos to earn 2 minutes / 4 credits, or complete offers to get large amount of credits. You may also find it useful to purchase minutes and credits. I use this because I found it to be the easiest app, free, and actually have a great interface, not to mention no ads that pop up.
6. KMeye - Useful if you have a security system installed, you can view your cameras on any IP on any device (iOS/Android capable)
7. Ruzzle - Fun, quick, puzzle game. I was addicted to this.
8. Evernote - Writing app, for free.
9. Dropbox - Useful for storing files such as media, pictures, documents.
10. Netflix - Watching movies, tv shows.
11. iFile - Great for accessing all of your files on your iOS device.
12. McTube - I LOVE this YouTube App. Only one I use. You can watch videos in 720 or 1080p automatically, minimize it and still have it play. You may also cache the video, download it, and watch it later. Great use for when traveling without Wi-Fi, or whenever you watch to watch your favorite subscriber videos.
13. 4 Picture, 1 Word - Lately got into this game, very fun indeed.
14. My Folder - Ever want to put a password on your apps? Now you can. Useful if you have pictures you don't want any eyes other than yours to see.
15. Fun Facts - Been using this app when I'm on the train, good facts keeps me busy.
16. Chrome Browser - My favorite browser. Will update some more good browsers later.
17. vShare - This app is used for Jailbroken users only. Basically the alternative to Installous which is gone. It is used to download free and paid apps, instantly. I've been using this only. considering App Cake sucks, or I don't have time to use it. It's interface is better, however I still do miss Installous.
18. App Sync - This tweak is needed to install cracked apps.
19. Swipe Selection - This tweak I use the MOST. I use it most because it's a better way to edit your text by simply swiping through the keypad on the iOS device, making spelling errors one less pain in the butt. I strongly suggest downloading this, it doesn't do anything but help increase editing.
20. Activator - This tweak is helpful, for movements such as swiping the clock or status bar left or right to do previous or future actions such as swipe backwards to go to the previous song, or forward to skip. Tap to pause, long tap status / clock to play, etc. I found it a must have on my iPod touch.
21. App Cent - This tweak helps show percentage of your apps while their downloading on the springboard. If you rather look at the bar loading, fine. I tend to like the specific accurate % sign to notify me where the app is currently at when downloading.
22. Bolt - This tweak is used to remove the battery icon and places a number and a % sign of the battery. Example (67% battery left)
23. Low Power Banner - This tweak I installed to remove the notification that pops up that says I have less than 20% battery left on the iOS device. Many of us know how annoying this tend to be, so instead, if comes up as a notification on the status bar, rather than a pop up. I found it useful because I don't to pause whatever I'm doing to remove the notification.
24. Accelerate - This weak is used to speed up the device. I use it when I'm trying to get some good work done on the device. You would be surprised how fast your iDevice can go when Accelerate is activated. You can choose many different speeds. Be careful, it drains battery.
25. Springtomize - Haven't used this much, but it's great for modifying your springboard.
26. Winterboard - Every Jailbroken device should have this installed. Great for themes.
27. Zeppelin - Good tweak used for putting a different icon on your devices status bar. I picked the blue cloud.
Here are some pictures of my Ipad 2 using different springboards.
2. Windows 8
3. Mountain Lion
Feel free to contribute. Lets make this thread big. If you have any questions or concerns on how to Jailbreak feel free to respond here. You can now Jailbreak devices iOS 6.01 - 6.02. If you feel the need to do this later on, do not update to 6.03 because there is no current method to do that for this firmware.
If you have any useful apps you want to post or review, go ahead. If you're looking for specific apps, perhaps some of your ISH'er members can assist you in what you're looking for.
I'll update this list with more advance apps and tweaks, as for now go ahead and contribute! You don't need to be a rooted / jailbreaker to post! Keep in mind, if you're going to post some apps, themes, or even suggestions, be sure to put some details on it.