Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Documentary: Craigslist Joe

It's about a guy from the L.A. area that decides to live off Craiglist for 31 days. All he takes is his cellphone, laptop, toothbrush and passport and clothes on his back. He answers and posts random ads strictly depending upon these people for money, food, shelter and relationships.

I suggest you take a look, it's a moving piece.

Especially about 30 minutes in the documentary answers an ad to help as a tutor (after traveling from L.A. to Portland, then Portland to Seattle by hitchhiking). He ends up meeting a man there that is an Iraqi. His family fled from Iraq after the Gulf War to try to start a new life and be happy. When they fled Iraq they lived in the desert in camps without running water. Sometimes showering a only a few times a year.

He meets this guy's family and the father of the family tells him "After 9/11, everything changed. You walk out in the middle of the street and people you've never met before tells you to go back to your own country. You hold your passport and tell them "I am a U.S. Citizen." So he's sitting there in this home of this Iraqi family, having their Iraqi dinner and the son even says "If I had to defend this country I would. I would join the army right now if they needed me and our freedoms were in danger."

I found this piece very moving. Especially when the son gives him an Iraqi shirt to keep.

It just made me feel like that out of al the bullshit, violence, prejudice that we have in the world that there are still people. There are still human beings out there that want to care and love for one another because if they were in a hard situation, they'd only want the same.

Netflix has it.
Torrent: http://kickass.to/craigslist-joe-201...-t6781665.html

Last edited by Meticode : 08-07-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Documentary: Craigslist Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
It's about a guy from the L.A. area that decides to live off Craiglist for 31 days. All he takes is his cellphone, laptop, toothbrush and passport and clothes on his back. He answers and posts random ads strictly depending upon these people for money, food, shelter and relationships.

I suggest you take a look, it's a moving piece.

Especially about 30 minutes in the documentary answers an ad to help as a tutor (after traveling from L.A. to Portland, then Portland to L.A. by hitchhiking). He ends up meeting a man there that is an Iraqi. His family moved over after the Gulf War to try to start a new life and be happy. When they fled Iraqi they lived in the desert in camps without running water. Sometimes showering a few times a year.

He meets this guys family and the father of the family tells him "After 9/11, everything changed. You walk out in the middle of the street and people you've never met before tells you to go back to your own country. You hold your passport and tell them "I am a U.S. Citizen." So he's sitting there in this home of this Iraqi family, having their Iraqi dinner and the son even says "If I had to defend this country I would. I would join the army right now if we had to go back over to Iraq if I felt it was a danger."

I found this piece very moving. Especially when the son gets him an Iraqi shirt to keep.

It just made me feel like that out of al the bullshit, violence, prejudice that we have in the world that there are still people. There are still human beings out there that want to care and love for one another because if they were in a hard situation, they'd only want the same.

Netflix has it.
Torrent: http://kickass.to/craigslist-joe-201...-t6781665.html

this. travel abroad and you will see that the overwhelming amount of people are just like us. they just want to be happy, safe, and provide for their families. we just need to get past all of the political, religious, and ideological bullshit.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0

TheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected posterTheReturn is a pretty well-respected poster

Downloading it.
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just finished it. Great documentary considering all they had was himself and 1 camera man.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It gets suggested to me all the time in Netflix based on my other watching habits, but I've just never been inclined to watch it for whatever reason. I've already got about thirty movies in my cue, and most of them are docs, so I rarely add anything.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #6
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

People really are sick twisted fvks who do shit like this.
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Macho Man
People really are sick twisted fvks who do shit like this.

Agreed. Didn't the guy kill some prostitute?
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #8
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sounds interesting. I'll look it up on Netflix when I get a chance.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #9
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just saw it...it peaked too early for me with the Iraqi family. Seemed like it was very moving for this guy.

I use the site regularly but really only for selling/buying/job lookup/free section/pets.

Personally, I don't trust strangers enough. Sorry but I can't let someone into my home that I don't know anything about. I'd be more open to rideshare for like a fellow student or something. I got burned one time helping this guy on my street who turned out to be a complete sham...haven't felt inclined to go out of my way since then and don't think that will change. You can help people and stuff but no need to put yourself in jeopardy or unknown danger's way.
D-Rose is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: