Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 02:19 AM   #46
jongib369
National High School Star
 
jongib369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,333
jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
MJ.
Cant go wrong with MJ

jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #47
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,340
All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Kareem is the most logical answer as a 7'2 dominant big...dude could average 30 and 15 easily now..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 AM   #48
jongib369
National High School Star
 
jongib369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,333
jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Picking Bird or Kareem is a joke. Bird is simply an inferior player to both Jordan and LeBron. Kareem played against horrible competition in the 70's. The only reason people rank him ahead of LeBron is because of his decorated resume due to longevity. He wasn't actually a better player than LeBron.

Building a team from scratch...

1. Jordan/LeBron
2. LeBron/Jordan
3. Shaq

Then the rest.
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #49
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 20,504
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

I was actually leaning towards Kareem, but I had to take into consideration the new NBA rules. MJ would simply be unstoppable with the new defensive rules.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #50
jongib369
National High School Star
 
jongib369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,333
jongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputationjongib369 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I was actually leaning towards Kareem, but I had to take into consideration the new NBA rules. MJ would simply be unstoppable with the new defensive rules.
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #51
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,023
pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepinitreal
Who would stop Kareem in today's league?

Its not like anybody is stopping Lebron any easier in todays league either... better yet Jordan or Bird aswell...

Its very tough... but if i didnt know anything about how their careers would work out then i would go with:

1. Kareem - was amazing before NBA, very dominant, very noticed and i guess its kindof safer to gamble on that kindof big man, especially in todays era...

2. Lebron - was more hyped than maybe anybody ive seen and at even younger age than any of these other 3 guys, was probably a better talent than any of these other 3 guys at that young age, man amongst children, potential was simply more earlier noticable than Bird/Jordan and he already played the game the right way being hyped as to be "the next Magic.. or better.." and so on, so i go with him at #2...

3. Bird - was the best NCAA player in 1977-79 (averaged ridicilous numbers like 32-13-5 etc.), very much talked about & hyped, the potential was eiaser to see than when Jordan was in college...

4. Jordan - won NCAA championship, but his teammate there James Worthy was actually more productive / better as far as i remember, the potential of him becoming exactly as good as he became was certainly not seen by anybody on this planet imo... foolish us...

Last edited by pauk : 03-24-2013 at 02:33 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:50 AM   #52
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,023
pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

But what makes this still tough is that it also depends on what type of team you have when you get one of these players (i assume we are not starting a NBA team from literally scratch?)..... if its all scrubs then i would favor a go-to-guy who can playmake/create plays with the ball in his hands, big men are not better than equally talented perimeter players in those "Here is the ball, do something" moments for example.... Lebron/Bird/Jordan (especially Lebron & Bird!) pre-NBA were also proven facilitators who showed they could that way make anything around them better...

"To take Kareem and later give him a great playmaker or to take Jordan/Bird/Lebron and later give him a big man.... that is the question"

or

"To take Kareem because i already have a great playmaker or to take Jordan/Bird/Lebron because i already have a great big man.... that is the question"

Last edited by pauk : 03-24-2013 at 02:59 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #53
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP
 
Mr. Jabbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 13,227
Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010splash
Picking Bird or Kareem is a joke. Bird is simply an inferior player to both Jordan and LeBron. Kareem played against horrible competition in the 70's. The only reason people rank him ahead of LeBron is because of his decorated resume due to longevity. He wasn't actually a better player than LeBron.

Building a team from scratch...

1. Jordan/LeBron
2. LeBron/Jordan

3. Shaq

Then the rest.

behold ignorance in its purest state
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:58 AM   #54
LeBird
Good High School Starter
 
LeBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 875
LeBird has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

If you didn't know who the rest of your franchise players, I'd say:

1) Bird
2) KAJ
3) Lebron
4) Jordan
LeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #55
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP
 
Mr. Jabbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 13,227
Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

pauk, every time you say its a tough decision a kitten dies, lets face it, the only reason this is tough for you is cause you're a lebron stan
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #56
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,946
Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

1 Jordan
2 Lebron
3 Jabbar
4 Bird
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #57
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,023
pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Many other reasons why choosing between these 4 makes it in reality impossible for me... Not knowing how good they would pan out it would then be just best to cover my eyes and pick one guy.... and even then i would probably be regretful thinking maybe one of those other 3 guys would be a better choice....
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #58
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 16,023
pauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation herepauk has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
pauk, every time you say its a tough decision a kitten dies, lets face it, the only reason this is tough for you is cause you're a lebron stan

Of course its because of that... because if i wasnt like you say a "Lebron stan" (you call anybody that who happens to be objective about his and anybody elses game anyways) then of course i would immediately go with Bird or Kareem or Jordan... because they were soooooo much better and showed soooo much more potential pre-NBA....

Even if it was the choice between only Bird, Kareem and Jordan it would still be equally tough.... what kindof "stan" am i then? I know!! Its tough because Lebron is not mentioned right?

Last edited by pauk : 03-24-2013 at 03:08 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #59
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP
 
Mr. Jabbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 13,227
Mr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation hereMr. Jabbar has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Of course its because of that... because if i wasnt like you say a "Lebron stan" (you call anybody that who happens to be objective about his and anybody elses game anyways) then of course i would immediately go with Bird or Kareem or Jordan... because they were soooooo much better and showed soooo much more potential pre-NBA....

Even if it was the choice between only Bird, Kareem and Jordan it would still be equally tough....

sorry, thought this thread was about picking someone for whats hes gonna give to your franchise given what we know about them, not about who was the most hyped at the moment of pick up...
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #60
knicksman
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 3,225
knicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryknicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryknicksman posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Who would you rather build your team around - Kareem, Bird, LeBron or MJ?

Its easier to build around jordan and kareem if you know how to build a team whereas if you dont, Then build around statpadders like lebron and bird. They can easily give you wins right away but they arent getting it done with lesser talent like jordan did. Thats why their combined rings are 4 which is not even greater than either kareem/jordan much more if combined.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy