Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 PM   #16
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How can any upstanding human being likes the show "Breaking Bad"

Um, the point of the story is to show Walt transformation into a cold blooded crime kingpin

Seems like you missed the point
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #17
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
Um, the point of the story is to show Walt transformation into a a cold blooded crime kingpin

Seems like you missed the point

The funny thing is he outlined the point. I only had to bold a couple parts of his "analysis" to show him lol.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #18
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Hence the title "Breaking Bad"

That is the point of the show. We see how someone can go from an ordinary person to a power hungry sociopath. All the while justifying his actions.

I agree. But I see lots of people justify for his actions and calls his wife bitch. So either our moral has collapsed or this show is misleading
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #19
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
I agree. But I see lots of people justify for his actions and calls his wife bitch. So either our moral has collapsed or this show is misleading

Whether or not someone has the mental or moral capacity to judge the actions in a tv show has no implication on the quality of the show.
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #20
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello

Whether or not someone has the mental or moral capacity to judge the actions in a tv show has no implication on the quality of the show.
You're absolutely right. I didn't say it's a show of low quality. I actually said the acting is great.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
No not really, at the beginning we were supposed to sympathize with him, but as they series moved on the director made it obvious he's making Walt the bad guy of his own story. Some still cling to justify his actions because lets be real, the world is not black and white. A man dying of cancer who's already making and selling drugs has really nothing to lose.

Last edited by CelticBaller : 03-24-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
Jello
Hume>Kunt.

Jello is starting to rub some people the wrong wayJello is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
You're absolutely right. I didn't say it's a show of low quality. I actually said the acting is great.
So why can't an upstanding human being like the show?
Jello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #23
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Well that is different. It is a show and often we like to fantasize about becoming rich or powerful or intelligent, and the wife is a constant obstacle of that fantasy.

I'm sure if people actually sat down and thought about it they would agree that the wife is more moral than her husband (although she is by no means innocent either).
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #24
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jello
So why can't an upstanding human being like the show?
Because it's advocating wrongdoings
Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #25
CelticBaller
lite kobe

^
Yeah, in the show Skylar's is Walt's biggest obstacle, how she planned to rat him out, how he tried to win her back, how she cheated on him. to us viewers it just tedious that to the point when she went insane I was laughing my ass off
Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
Well that is different. It is a show and often we like to fantasize about becoming rich or powerful or intelligent, and the wife is a constant obstacle of that fantasy.

I'm sure if people actually sat down and thought about it they would agree that the wife is more moral than her husband (although she is by no means innocent either).
Sure but legally.
His wife isn't innocent thanks to him. But she didn't have many choices, she did what she has to do.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #27
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
^
Yeah, in the show Skylar's is Walt's biggest obstacle, how she planned to rat him out, how he tried to win her back, how she cheated on him. to us viewers it just tedious that to the point when she went insane I was laughing my ass off

This why I say this show's bad.
Walter is the bad guy here, Skylar is just a normal household wife. She did what any normal woman (or man) would do under that circumstance. Being an obstacle to a bad guy ≠ bitch
Old 03-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #28
The Real JW
High School Starter

The Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this boardThe Real JW is popular on this board

Quote:

No, it's telling a fictional story.
The Real JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #29
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real JW
No, it's telling a fictional story.
Are you saying books, tvs, movies have absolutely no impact on people's perceptions?
Old 03-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
CelticBaller
lite kobe

Quote:
No it's not, Walt has put himself, his family and friends in danger. It's also hinted he's isn't making it out of the drug business alive. The only reason people are rooting for Walt is the same reason people root for the protagonist in Gangster movies, we just love to see our protagonist find a way to be above the law and live to tell about it
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: