Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here
Default Lebron for Dwight straight up, would you do it?

???
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron for Dwight straight up, would you do it?

Great deal for both teams.

Can't imagine it would happen though. Not sure how cold blooded Pat Riley is, but damn....that would be cold blooded to do to Lebron to ship him off to the Cavs 2.0 in Orlando after just 1 year.

But....its is a business. Howard makes the Heat better than Lebron does in my opinion. Its actually not close.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:54 AM   #3
get these NETS
you can't stop me

get these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected posterget these NETS is a pretty well-respected poster

no

despite the recent loss lebron is still the best overall player in the world.....
get these NETS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #4
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think both teams should...

Miami - Would have a better balance and a great inside/outside combo. Dwight would give them a great rebounder, defensive anchor and a strong finisher in the paint.. And as long as Miami has Wade, the backcourt will be fine. Bosh doesnt really play in the paint as much, but the addition of Dwight would give him much more room to operate/open looks..

Orlando - Looks like they're gonna lose Dwight anyway and getting LeBron in return is without doubt the best value they can get for Dwight He has shown that he can lead teams (up until certain points...) and with the addition of a good big.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #5
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

pat riley would never do that even if he wants to
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:00 AM   #6
sipitri
Chuckwagoner

sipitri has decent reputationsipitri has decent reputation

It would be awesome to see a Miami-Orlando series if this goes down.
sipitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #7
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

If I was the heat? Of course. Wade played exceptionally well with a big man demanding attention inside and he's able to knife by defenders. Also gives them a chance to shed some payroll as dwight's new deal is from the new cba.

Also, dwight is so corny that it'll probably rub off wade and bosh, and I'll actually end up rooting for them if given the chance.

The magic, on the other hand, shot themselves in the foot 5 times trying to get over the hump. Now they might lose dwight for nothing. Lebron could actually use a low-key city like orlando to bring himself back.

Of course, none of the remaining orlando players complement him. I also recall reading somewhere that rashard still has a house in orlando. Finally I hope gilbert goes batshit crazy again and shits on lebron's game shoes
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

I would do it without hesitation..

Dwight improves the Heat dramatically.

Orlando gets even worse though. At least Lebron can bring the ball up and play iso's again all he wants

I wonder if Wade would push Riley for it? He must be PISSED at Lebron right now...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
Magic Vinsanity
Local High School Star

Magic Vinsanity has an OK reputation so far

LeBron is the only guy in the league of equal value to Dwight, so if I had to take LeBron or risk losing Dwight for nothing, I'd say do it. At least Orlando would have the referee's on their side in every game with LeBron, he cant be the main focal point and throw up as many shots as he likes, he's tied in for years on a deal which isnt even max money and Orlando would get loads of national broadcasts.

I'd prefer to keep Dwight but it looks less and less likely, may as well get the so-called 'best player in the league' in return for him.
Magic Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #10
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
LeBron is the only guy in the league of equal value to Dwight, so if I had to take LeBron or risk losing Dwight for nothing, I'd say do it. At least Orlando would have the referee's on their side in every game with LeBron, he cant be the main focal point and throw up as many shots as he likes, he's tied in for years on a deal which isnt even max money and Orlando would get loads of national broadcasts.

I'd prefer to keep Dwight but it looks less and less likely, may as well get the so-called 'best player in the league' in return for him.

I just can't imagine the Magic can do anything to keep Howard. Arenas and Hedo are on horrible contracts.

While Nelson and Reddick don't have terrible contracts, they do make more than they are worth......14 million a year combined for them. Thats just too much.

I do like Bass, Clark, and Andersen as role players. Nelson and Reddick are obviously solid as well.

The problem is that the Magic are paying Arenas like a top 10 player and Hedo like a top 25 player. Neither come close to that.

I just can't imagine any team taking those guys....and that is the only way the Magic can improve.

Howard is gone. They should trade him this summer in my opinion. You guys could get Westbrook and some pieces or Bynum, Odom, and a pick for sure.

Both the Thunder and Lakers do that deal in a second.

Of course they should call up Pat Riley and offer up Howard for Lebron, I just can't imagine Riley would do it.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #11
knicksman
Good college starter

knicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputationknicksman has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
I think both teams should...

Miami - Would have a better balance and a great inside/outside combo. Dwight would give them a great rebounder, defensive anchor and a strong finisher in the paint.. And as long as Miami has Wade, the backcourt will be fine. Bosh doesnt really play in the paint as much, but the addition of Dwight would give him much more room to operate/open looks..

Orlando - Looks like they're gonna lose Dwight anyway and getting LeBron in return is without doubt the best value they can get for Dwight He has shown that he can lead teams (up until certain points...) and with the addition of a good big.

na doubt it. im seeing an unmotivated lebron.
knicksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
knightfall88
Local High School Star

knightfall88 has an OK reputation so far

Riley won't do it but its not because he thinks Lebron is a better player. Because no-one in the right mind will say Lebron > Dwight right now. Fact - Heat will be better with Dwight, Wade, Bosh combo, can't be more straight forward than that. But yes, Riley will not do it.
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
Floppy
High school junior varsity star

Floppy has decent reputation

If your main goal is winning a ring then of course.
Floppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
LastEpisode
I brick open layups

LastEpisode is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If Riley cares about winning he should do it in a heartbeat..

LeBron is nothing but a tool to be used, and should be treated as such, he's collateral damage..
LastEpisode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
knightfall88
Local High School Star

knightfall88 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastEpisode
If Riley cares about winning he should do it in a heartbeat..

LeBron is nothing but a tool to be used, and should be treated as such, he's collateral damage..

Yes but at what cost. Riley will have a reputation for ruining the career of the NBA's poster boy to name one.
knightfall88 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: