Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #16
nathanjizzle
Not a genius :(

nathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsnathanjizzle has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Do You Want to See the Miami Heat Break the Wins Streak Record?

yes i want them to break the record.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #17
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Have you watched recently? Did you see them struggle at Cleveland? Fall behind every game?
False.

They did not "fall behind every game."

Have YOU watched the games?

Quote:
Let me ask everyone something, if Miami wins out and has the longest streak ever and then doesn't win the title, do you care? NO?
Don't project your NYK insecurities and fantasies on me.

They'll go into record books, and since it took 40 years for some team to replace the 1972 Lakers, the Miami Heat will be in the books for another 40 years.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #18
plowking
lifelong rockets fan

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It's not important. Statistical accumulations are not important. If their schedule was broken up differently and some different teams later rather than earlier they'd have more losses recently, same record, no streak. I'm more impressed by the overall record, and the fact they look like they are cruising toward a title. Not the streak.

The Rockets a few years ago won what, 22 in a row? That team was meh.

The title possibility, the play of Lebron, these things impress me. The streak not so much.

If statistical accomplishments get you hard, that's your thing, not mine. If you told me the Knicks could go 82-0 next year i'd ask "do we win the title?". Would not give 2 shits about it.

How exactly could their schedule be broken up any differently? They've beaten all their main title threats in this streak. New York, Clippers, OKC, Memphis, Boston, Indiana... All they have left is San Antonio. How is it not impressive again?

So all you care about is the end result? Why bother watching the games if you can't appreciate a simple analysis of a basketball game and season? Just look at the Knicks box score and you're done for the day. Don't get excited about a dunk either. Its just a statistical accomplishment.

You're a real sour puss when it comes to anything Nets and Heat related. Its hard to take you seriously since you probably don't believe the shit you're spewing out half the time.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

Many of you are not old enough (including me) to see the Lakers' streak, so it would be awesome to see someone else break it in our lifetime.
DaSeba5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #20
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
How exactly could their schedule be broken up any differently? They've beaten all their main title threats in this streak. New York, Clippers, OKC, Memphis, Boston, Indiana... All they have left is San Antonio. How is it not impressive again?

So all you care about is the end result? Why bother watching the games if you can't appreciate a simple analysis of a basketball game and season? Just look at the Knicks box score and you're done for the day. Don't get excited about a dunk either. Its just a statistical accomplishment.

You're a real sour puss when it comes to anything Nets and Heat related. Its hard to take you seriously since you probably don't believe the shit you're spewing out half the time.
Such posters, despite, and probably because of having 20,000 posts, have little to zero credibility on this board.

Why even watch the regular season?

Why even post during the regular season pretending not to care?

Why bother at all?
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #21
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Have you watched recently? Did you see them struggle at Cleveland? Fall behind every game?

Let me ask everyone something, if Miami wins out and has the longest streak ever and then doesn't win the title, do you care? NO?

That's my point.

Do you remember when a guy scored 81 in the 2000s? Did he win the title that year? Did he play a crappy team?

Statistical achievements aren't diminished or forgotten simply because a title doesn't come along with it.

Do you remember a certain player leading an 8th seed to upset the 1st seed in the 1993-94 western conference playoffs? Or how about another 2 time all star hitting a clutch go-ahead basket in game 5 to cause another 8th VS 1st seed upset in the 1999 playoffs?

None of those players/teams won the title that year, but those memories are engraved into NBA history.
InfiniteBaskets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #22
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Unhappy Re: Do You Want to See the Miami Heat Break the Wins Streak Record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
Do you remember when a guy scored 81 in the 2000s? Did he win the title that year? Did he play a crappy team?

Statistical achievements aren't diminished or forgotten simply because a title doesn't come along with it.

Do you remember a certain player leading an 8th seed to upset the 1st seed in the 1993-94 western conference playoffs? Or how about another 2 time all star hitting a clutch go-ahead basket in game 5 to cause another 8th VS 1st seed upset in the 1999 playoffs?

None of those players/teams won the title that year, but those memories are engraved into NBA history.

Exactly. In general I hate when sportscasters say little cliche' things like "no one remembers who came in second."

Yes we do. What kind of dimwitted moron would have such a limited memory as to remember who won a given title, but can't remember his ****ing opponent?
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #23
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

I want to see a historically great team. It's actually something we've been lacking since the 2001 Lakers. The Spurs, Celtics, Kobe-Gasol Lakers etc. all won titles, but none are really memorable like the 2001 Lakers, 1996 Bulls, 1986 Celtics etc. If the Heat break the record and win the title, no matter what you think of them, they will be a historic team.

Feels right for LeBron to have a team like that on his resume too.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #24
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

I think this whole streak is nothing but a distraction.

Honestly, Miami would be better off if they just lose tonight against Orlando, and then get back to focussing on the championship.

If they don't win the championship, noone is going to care how long their winning streak was during the regular season.
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #25
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

I would gladly have them break the record, then lose in the playoffs.. ohhhh even more satisfaction
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #26
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
I think this whole streak is nothing but a distraction.

Honestly, Miami would be better off if they just lose tonight against Orlando, and then get back to focussing on the championship.

If they don't win the championship, noone is going to care how long their winning streak was during the regular season.
Unless they beat the record.
I totally agree with the rest of the post.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The shit should be over by now if Mike Woodson weren't such a fcking dumbass.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #28
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't care about the streak. Some of you need something more in your life. Statistical accomplishments during a season don't excite me. I am very impressed by Lebron's play. I am very impressed that the heat look like they are on the way to a second title. Whether that includes a 34 game streak or a 26 game streak means NOTHING to me.

If the Heat lose tomorrow and win the title, they won't care at all. That's why the streak doesn't get me going. Oppostie is true too, if they get the streak, then lose the title, they won't care either.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #29
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Unless they beat the record.
I totally agree with the rest of the post.

If they beat the record, all the more reason why NOT winning the championship would be a HUGE disappointment.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
TheMan
MJ GOAT, U MAD?

TheMan is a pretty well-respected posterTheMan is a pretty well-respected posterTheMan is a pretty well-respected poster

Not even worried because they won't break it...I'm not hating, I just think that in a streak that long, everything has to go right and luck is sometimes involved. The odds increase with every game won that the next one, don't matter who is the opponent is, they will lose. It's just a question about when...and those who think they can win out the rest of the season, just stop it.
TheMan is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: