Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #31
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Do You Want to See the Miami Heat Break the Wins Streak Record?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
I think this whole streak is nothing but a distraction.

Honestly, Miami would be better off if they just lose tonight against Orlando, and then get back to focussing on the championship.

If they don't win the championship, noone is going to care how long their winning streak was during the regular season.

They have 5 games left AFTER the record so if it happened maybe than sit Lebron for a couple games to rest up for Playoffs.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #32
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Not even worried because they won't break it...I'm not hating, I just think that in a streak that long, everything has to go right and luck is sometimes involved. The odds increase with every game won that the next one, don't matter who is the opponent is, they will lose. It's just a question about when...and those who think they can win out the rest of the season, just stop it.

They had at least 3 Escape/ lucky wins during streak where any other time they probably would of lost so its not like they have not had some bad games alteady. They should win tonight and than Weds is a bit tougher with the Spurs gm being the toughest hurdle left..i cant see them Letting a bad/non playoff team beat them at this point being so close.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #33
chosen_one6
Earned not given

chosen_one6 is considered somewhat coolchosen_one6 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I don't care about the streak. Some of you need something more in your life. Statistical accomplishments during a season don't excite me. I am very impressed by Lebron's play. I am very impressed that the heat look like they are on the way to a second title. Whether that includes a 34 game streak or a 26 game streak means NOTHING to me.

If the Heat lose tomorrow and win the title, they won't care at all. That's why the streak doesn't get me going. Oppostie is true too, if they get the streak, then lose the title, they won't care either.

That's not condescending at all

Your opinion is in the minority in the basketball world. Many people would like to see history made. A lot of people wanted the Patriots to go undefeated back in 07-08. Did they win the championship? No. But a lot of people remember that season and how impressive it was.

Just because you are the exception to the rule, does not mean everyone else has no life or is depressed because we actually enjoy regular season accomplishments and watching history be made.

Last edited by chosen_one6 : 03-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.
chosen_one6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #34
Dro
College star

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation

I really don't care. I'm not rooting against them or for them. I tend to like to see records broken but I'm indifferent about this one...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #35
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here

I don't care one way or the other. I have no vested interest either way. I'm just watching what happens.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #36
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one6
That's not condescending at all

Your opinion is in the minority in the basketball world. Many people would like to see history made. A lot of people wanted the Patriots to go undefeated back in 07-08. Did they win the championship? No. But a lot of people remember that season and how impressive it was.

Just because you are the exception to the rule, does not mean everyone else has no life or is depressed because we actually enjoy regular season accomplishments and watching history be made.

I said it because i said i don't care and immediately got called names by other people. Those people who need me to care need to get more to do in their lives. Caring about the streak is fine, people who need it to be the most amazing thing that ever happened (like ESPN wants it to be) need to get both perspective and new hobbies.

If you care a lot that's fine, i don't. I don't need you to stop caring, so don't tell me to care.

It's interesting but it's just a footnote in what Lebron is doing toward another title, which is the story. People want the streak to be the story, the streak is not the story because if the title doesn't occur it's meaningless.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #37
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, because like said earlier in this thread, I want to see history. It's cool to be around (and watching) NBA records happen. For someone born in the 80's and growing up in the 90's and 2000's, I haven't seen as much of the NBA record breaking as happened in the earlier years of the league. All of Wilt's records, Oscar's triple double season, the longest winning streak ever, Russell's Celtics win 11 in 13, etc. We've gotten close, watching Kobe's 81 point game, the Rockets' 22 game win streak, and a couple of exciting games (Lakers coming back on the Mavs in 2003 was huge I remember, and the Celtics coming back on the Lakers in the finals from behind by like 30) Those were cool, and the more records I get to witness the better.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #38
LONGTIME
College star

LONGTIME has an OK reputation so far

Yes, make those Laker fans cry.
LONGTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
Yeah, because like said earlier in this thread, I want to see history. It's cool to be around (and watching) NBA records happen. For someone born in the 80's and growing up in the 90's and 2000's, I haven't seen as much of the NBA record breaking as happened in the earlier years of the league. All of Wilt's records, Oscar's triple double season, the longest winning streak ever, Russell's Celtics win 11 in 13, etc. We've gotten close, watching Kobe's 81 point game, the Rockets' 22 game win streak, and a couple of exciting games (Lakers coming back on the Mavs in 2003 was huge I remember, and the Celtics coming back on the Lakers in the finals from behind by like 30) Those were cool, and the more records I get to witness the better.
This.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #40
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
I don't care one way or the other. I have no vested interest either way. I'm just watching what happens.

My sentiments pretty much.
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #41
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

would be hilarious if they win every game till the playoffs

and when you think about it the east is so weak that they might sweep every team till the nba finals, where as we saw last year they easily beat okc 4-1 ( who are worse this year while miami is better )

so yeah they could possibly win every game
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #42
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 has not been impressing people

dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 PM   #43
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh144498
In that case I'm almost impressed. The Cavaliers in 2009 almost won without LeBron, Z, and Mo Williams. The 2008 Hawks almost beat the champion Celtics, and the Houston Rockets without Yao and Tmac almost beat the champion Lakers.

There are way too many "almosts" to count. Sometimes teams play down to their competition, or sometimes bench players play much better with something to prove. Shit happens.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #44
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3
In that case I'm almost impressed. The Cavaliers in 2009 almost won without LeBron, Z, and Mo Williams. The 2008 Hawks almost beat the champion Celtics, and the Houston Rockets without Yao and Tmac almost beat the champion Lakers.

There are way too many "almosts" to count. Sometimes teams play down to their competition, or sometimes bench players play much better with something to prove. Shit happens.

relax, it's mostly a joke.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #45
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen_one6
Many people would like to see history made. A lot of people wanted the Patriots to go undefeated back in 07-08. Did they win the championship? No. But a lot of people remember that season and how impressive it was.

Actually, most ppl clown on them because they didn't win it all.

Ask any Pats fan about that season, a lot of them probably erased that season out of their memory, that's how depressing it was for them.

That SB was the biggest nut kick possible for a sports team to take, and it made that undefeated regular season a mere footnote in what otherwise could've been something truly historic.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: